PDA

View Full Version : Sears brand 'Bow Flex'

dericer
11-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Has anyone tried the Sears brand 'Bow Flex' equivilant?

The one I have seen has the same features as the the $1100 Bow Flex model, for $499.

I found it odd that Sears sells both the named brand and theirs.

Basically I am looking for a home gym system w/ lots of excersizes, that doesn't take up alot of room.

Thanks

teggypimp95
11-14-2005, 11:31 AM
I bought a great home gym not to long ago, i dont remember the name of it right now but i can find out for you. it does so many differnt excersizes. I personally dont recomend the boxflex, if your looking to bulk up or anything like that you want more of a free weigh system. Bowflex is aimed more towards toning your body.

5hift
11-14-2005, 11:57 AM
If you want to see some actual results, you should spend that $500 towards a membership to an actual gym or at least a good bench and some free weights.

Bowflex has made a fortune profiting off those who know little about weightlifting. That machine and all its rip-offs are garbage.

V6-BoI
11-14-2005, 01:20 PM
If you just spend money on a bench, a bar, a couple dumbells, and some weights, you can do quite a bit of exercises with just those.

b_t
11-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
If you want to see some actual results, you should spend that $500 towards a membership to an actual gym or at least a good bench and some free weights.

Bowflex has made a fortune profiting off those who know little about weightlifting. That machine and all its rip-offs are garbage.

:werd:
Its coming up on Christmas - and New Years - really quick. Gym memberships are going to start decreasing in price pretty quick, sign on during new year's resolution time, and you could probably get a membership at a great gym for around $40/month

Das_Amaretto
11-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Sears Brand???

HAHA... must be Kenmore then!

:D

hockeybronx
11-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by dericer
Has anyone tried the Sears brand 'Bow Flex' equivilant?

The one I have seen has the same features as the the $1100 Bow Flex model, for $499.

I found it odd that Sears sells both the named brand and theirs.

Basically I am looking for a home gym system w/ lots of excersizes, that doesn't take up alot of room.

Thanks

I do all my workouts with a basic bench setup and free-weights.

If I were to recommend any gym that fits what you want I would recomment the Total Gym. I think it's in that comparible price range.

I'd take that over the BowFlex or CrossBow (Sears) if I were you.

dericer
11-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Cool,

Thanks for the input everyone.

I know a guy at Go mango, so I'll check out the various systems and such.

:thumbsup:

Tyler883
11-14-2005, 06:56 PM
I'd reccomend the power block system that the makers of bowflex sells:

http://www.bowflexselecttech.ca/

but don't buy their bench, you can get a cheaper one at Canadian Tire.

I think that a dumbell set and a basic bench is way better than any system that uses flex rods or elastic bands.

Plus, you cant beat the portability and durability of a bunch of dumbells, right?