PDA

View Full Version : Career Investigation

rbau493
11-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Wondering if anyone could give me some tips on writing one for Power Engineering at Nait.

I have a list of contacts and websites I have obtained information from.

kaput
11-15-2005, 12:21 PM

rbau493
11-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by kaput
So then the next step would be to translate that information into a report. Sounds like you've already finished unless you want someone to write it for you... ? :dunno:

LOL, no Im not looking for someone to write it. I just wasnt sure if that all it consisted of (translating my contact info and research into a report). Never had to write one before so I wasnt quite sure.

But thanks, I will do as you advised. :thumbsup:

kaput
11-15-2005, 02:33 PM

rbau493
11-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Its to be written and handed in with my application to NAIT for their power engineering program. The actual name for it is a "Career Investigation Summary"

The way I wote it out was in 3 sections.

1) A short Autobiography
2) Talked about the program and why I chose it
3) Industry research- listed my reasons for wanting to get into power engineering and who I talked to and what information I researched and/or gathered about the job. Followed by a list of websites that I obtained information from.

stealth
12-08-2005, 02:17 AM
When I wrote my Petroleum Engineering career investigation, it just was a 3 page report, stating why I wanted to get in, and how I feel about the industry, and information that I know about the industry.

BTW I am in Power Engineering, so I would advise you tell them about how you like to learn more about the production of steam and its uses.