PDA

View Full Version : ITR, MR2, 3rd gen RX7 questions.

GQNammer
11-15-2005, 07:03 PM
K, i'm tired of purchasing used cars and having them crap out on me.

Now my eyes are set on 91+ mr2, ITR, or a 3rd gen rx7. Was just wondering what are some things I need to specifically look deep into with these vehicles. Something only an owner would truly know.

What's a reasonable price for these vehicles with semi low km's and in pretty good shape? Thanks

Oh and btw, I'm not purchasing a new car because there aren't any that interest me that's in my price range.

JAYMEZ
11-15-2005, 08:10 PM
3rd Gen RX-7 , expect to pay over 25k for a good body with low Ks. If anyone tells you different , they really dont know what they are talking about. But if you have a 7 be prepared to pay the money to maintain her. Good luck with your car search!

darkbanana
11-15-2005, 10:07 PM
an ITR will run you anywhere from 20-25 g's for a good one

gl finding a nice ITR tho

philipoo
11-15-2005, 10:10 PM
itr's tend to be around 15k-25k ranging from bad to good..

i don't know much about mr2's but they are pretty good cars.

rx7 seems like a money pit

James
11-15-2005, 10:33 PM
MR2 is gonna be the cheapest of the 3, $10,000-$15,000 range for a decent one, and in my opinion the funnest to drive, i might be a little biased though :D......ITR would be the most reliable i would think, and well alot newer plus you could drive it in the winter....RX-7 is just a sick car, I'd love to own one, but like Jaymez said, be prepared for the costly repairs etc..not too say the MR2 wouldnt be reliable, it is a Toyota, but its also 12-15 years old.

GQNammer
11-15-2005, 11:39 PM
yeah, I'm just sick and tired of dumping so much money into my crx's

I just purchased my current one 6 months ago, and i've already dumped like almost 10k (no mods)

JAYMEZ
11-16-2005, 12:17 AM
^^ Damnit James , i didnt say repair , i said "maintain" ..

But the RX-7 is by far the most exciting car to drive ive ever been in. You may hate it when u gota pay for stuff , but when you drive it , its just wowwww :drool:

andres_mt
11-16-2005, 12:27 AM
hey kinda off topic, but do you guys know a great site/ company that imports cars from either Japan or the states???

GQNammer
11-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

But the RX-7 is by far the most exciting car to drive ive ever been in. You may hate it when u gota pay for stuff , but when you drive it , its just wowwww :drool:

Besides the whole rebuilding the motor after 60-80k km, what extra maintance does the 7 require that most other cars wouldn't need?

4doorj
11-16-2005, 09:43 AM
itr... they are pretty rare... very reliable... and damn sexy:thumbsup:

AsianCaucasian
11-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by GQNammer

Besides the whole rebuilding the motor after 60-80k km, what extra maintance does the 7 require that most other cars wouldn't need?

Not 60-80k, more like 175-200k. Just have to make sure the engine oil stays constant. Rotaries are just more susceptible to problems due to poor maintanence than piston engines.

tsi_neal
11-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian

Not 60-80k, more like 175-200k. Just have to make sure the engine oil stays constant. Rotaries are just more susceptible to problems due to poor maintanence than piston engines.

Ive never heard of an FD engine lasting that long... not that ive been in the scence for that long tho...

Having driven all three cars ill throw my personal oppion's out.
ITR, WICKED handling fwd car, powerband is shitty and narrow. IF you can stay in VTEC awesome, if not forget it. Interior is alright, but missing alot of things (if your into that) exterior is well an integra... Overall i am very impressed but i could never be happy owning a VTEC car so that kills it for me.

MR2, again WICKED handling, really nice powerband, pulls hard turbo spools very quick (if your looking at a turbo). Interior is alright again, probably not as nice as the ITR but you get more features... Exterior, to me i think they are an ugly car... im one of the few who say that but meh just cant dig em. Overall i liked it, its a car i could live with as a driver much more so than an ITR but its a VERY VERY different car than an ITR

RX7, well i bought one so that should say it all :bigpimp: Really i havent driven anything quite like it. as a daily driver i could never do it. the gas mileage is SHITTY at best, im paranoid about things like door dings or some retard rear ending me... Umm the handling is truly second to none, powerband is endless with instant turbo spool. Interior is HOT, exterior is HOTTER. But with that said both the purchase price and the maintence is higher on the RX than the other two.

James
11-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

haha...repair/maintain...tamato/tomato :D j/k

403Gemini
11-16-2005, 08:44 PM
heard FD's are hefty on the maintenance but like James mentioned, heard they're a blast to drive, toyota is as always reliable, but as also stated, it is a 12 yr old turbo car. ITR imo would be safest bet