PDA

View Full Version : BMW parts - looking for Cdn., non-dealer sources

11-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi people,
I need some parts for a Z3 (just trim, not mechanical) and no surprise, the BMW dealers charge a lot for them. I know there are quite a few wholesale BMW part suppliers, however, most are in the US, which means extra charges for cross border shipping.
I figure with quite a few BMW owners on this board, perhaps you people are already using a reliable and inexpensive source located in Canada and maybe even in Calgary.

Appreciate any leads. Thanks.

Alpine Autowerks
11-16-2005, 11:13 PM
there are few choices for trim other than the dealer . fast moving parts like brakes and maintainance items are available through alternate suppliers.

TurboMedic
11-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Try Bimmerparts in Nanaimo BC.....I used them lots for my old Beemer.....Sorry I don't have a number!! They even sourced euro parts (my car was an imported one) because the NA parts wouldn't work! Great guys, great service...I hope they're still around

11-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
Try Bimmerparts in Nanaimo BC.....I used them lots for my old Beemer.....Sorry I don't have a number!! They even sourced euro parts (my car was an imported one) because the NA parts wouldn't work! Great guys, great service...I hope they're still around

Called them. Unfortunately they only sell older used parts.
I'm looking for new parts for a 2001 Z3 roadster.

Fivewayradio
11-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Why CDN? I've used both Pelicanparts.com and Bavauto.com and both are excellent. Although i've found pelican to be significantly cheaper. Pelican also uses USPS so cheap shipping and low brokerage fees. Bavauto uses UPS who are faster shipping but charge crazy brokerage fees. But even with shipping and duty it's still almost 50% cheaper than the local dealership.

11-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Fivewayradio
Why CDN? I've used both Pelicanparts.com and Bavauto.com and both are excellent. Although i've found pelican to be significantly cheaper. Pelican also uses USPS so cheap shipping and low brokerage fees. Bavauto uses UPS who are faster shipping but charge crazy brokerage fees. But even with shipping and duty it's still almost 50% cheaper than the local dealership.

OK, I'll try contacting Pelican ans check them out. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Have you ever heard of bimmerbum.com ?
I've been talking with a fellow there and their prices seem very reasonable, but, I'm just worried about that black hole of cross border shipping charges, although Bimmerbum does say they use USPS Airmail.

Fivewayradio
11-17-2005, 01:46 PM
I've never heard of bimmerbum. But I'm so happy with Pelican at this point that I don't need to shop anywhere else for parts.

t-im
11-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey, i'm looking for something for my E36 - just a lower front bumper - would it be cheaper to get it online and shipped, or find it locally?

AllGoNoShow
11-17-2005, 01:58 PM
t-im most likely online u could find one cheaper then you could in this town right now.