PDA

View Full Version : Consignment auto dealers

Mazstyle
11-17-2005, 01:01 PM
I have a car listed in the autotrader, and I keep getting calls from these pushy mofoz from "great cars and trucks" or "motorworld". Saying "If I sell your car for your asking price would you give me ie:$100" and so I listen to there speel. And it involves me giving them money upfront, And then they say something about gauranteed money back.

Then I counter, and say If you can sell my car I will give you $100 but I'm not giving you a penny upfront. The motorworld guy got the hint and gave up pretty quick... but the Great cars and truck guy was pretty pushy, saying that he's got 4 banks so they finance <@25% :eek: > so thats how they make their money blah blah blah but I said the same thing to him if he can sell it great I'd pay but no money upfront.

Does anyone have any experiences with either of these companies? good or bad?

Zero102
11-17-2005, 01:50 PM
If they're calling up people in the auto trader trying to get customers, I can't imagine they are doing well.
If anybody called me and offered something like that, I would just hang up on them, then block their number. That borders on being insulting.

4doorj
11-17-2005, 05:13 PM
haha they just called me one minute ago, to see if they can do the same thing for my s2000... i just hung up on them:D

lastprodigy
11-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Great cars and Trucks is weak! Stick with what works, autotrader....and beyond :D (shameless plug)

Thaco
11-17-2005, 05:46 PM
do not use these places. there was a news report about them recently (a few months back) where people would go and consign thier vehicles, the company would sell all of the vehicles and not inform the people, and then go bankrup, and then the people are SOL... trying to get $$$ froma bankrupt company is like tryign to pry a twinky from a 400lbs ladies sausage fingers.

If they want the 25% financing money they can pay upfront and buy your car from you and then they can sell it... or you could charge them 30% for finacing on it :P

Mazstyle
11-17-2005, 07:08 PM
I JUST got another call for it, some dumb lady offering to sell it for $150... fawk this is getting annoying. I just said if she could sell it without any money up front I'd do it, then she laughed and said it doesn't work that way, then I laughed and said yea it does and hung up.