PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails Concert

A790
11-18-2005, 12:45 AM
WAS THAT EVER AMAZING! When they did "hurt" the whole crowd went silent. Incredible!

Easily one of the best concerts I've ever attended.

+1 for kickassedness.

s dime
11-18-2005, 01:05 AM
yeah it was, I agree +2:thumbsup:

Mr. Burns
11-18-2005, 01:08 AM
All 3 bands were fucking awesome. What a solid lineup. I can't believe NIN played for two full hours!!

A790
11-18-2005, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Burns
All 3 bands were fucking awesome. What a solid lineup. I can't believe NIN played for two full hours!!

Queens of the Stone Age kicked ass too! I wasn't really into DFA, but it suited the night well.

JAYMEZ
11-18-2005, 02:44 AM
Damnit , i wanted to go sooo bad , fuckin hell!

tsi_neal
11-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Second show on this tour that i went to (made a roadtrip down to portland in late sept, they actually announced the calgary date hours after we bought the portland tickets... it was a killer roadtrip tho)

i gotta say that the calgary crowd had so much more energy than portland. Ill definatly say one of the better shows ive been to in the last while.

As for queens, i really think they are the wrong band to open for NIN... i went to see an industrial show, not a bunch of mumbling wankers that can hit the drums alot...

Barking_Spidre
11-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Well, being that I got a free ticket and I never heard much of NIN's stuff before, I'd have to say....

Most boring concert ever. Everyone looked so bored on the floor. The "mosh pit" was about 10 people. I was at slipknot and SOAD and everyone had way more energy than they had here. But it's different music, so it probably draws a different crowd.

I wasn't a big fan.
But on the plus side, they played 3 of the songs I like haha. I wanted to hear starfuckers though.

Mightaswell
11-18-2005, 11:07 AM
I went and it was like hitting a wall of solid rock fury.

Terrible lie, the wretched, head like a hole, hurt OMG OMG OMG.

A790
11-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Mightaswell
I went and it was like hitting a wall of solid rock fury.

Terrible lie, the wretched, head like a hole, hurt OMG OMG OMG.

Kay, thanks for your input. Go home now please :)

Nissanaddict
11-18-2005, 11:39 AM
I'd go if I got free tix...and leave after queens...I like them, NIN not so much tho.

legendboy
11-18-2005, 12:29 PM
NIN was wicked

queens of the stone age however was about the worst band i've ever listened to :thumbsdow

A790
11-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
NIN was wicked

queens of the stone age however was about the worst band i've ever listened to :thumbsdow

A couple of their songs were OK, but after a while it sounded like he was moaning into the mic.

l8braker
11-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Great show! Queens and DFA are both better suited for small clubs. When they played Mac Hall it was an unbelievable show. I enjoyed DFA's set... their cd is on play all the time here.

I agree that they were the wrong band to open up with. When Queens were finished, I went up for some beer and there was so much gothic trash who completely ignored them and stood on the concorse the whole time... oh well, their loss!

Worth the $$

Arthur Dent
11-18-2005, 02:58 PM
I went and it was an amazing concert. Queens of the Stone Age were decent - athough I agreed - they'd be better off in a smart club.

nin - was excellent - he definitly puts on a great show

oh and as a bonus there were two hot lesbians in front of me that were making out for half the show :thumbsup:

as I was driving home say the nin tour motorhome too - oddly it had no license plates on it. Can't be legal but I wonder if someone theived them.

tsi_neal
11-18-2005, 06:06 PM
I want to add that in portland queens was about 10 times more entertaining, americans being the assholes they are had probably 50% of the crowd booing them and lots of people throwing shit on stage, i think one beer cup actually hit the singer. fucker stoped dead verbally reamed the kid a new asshole and kept playing... i guess when you suck you get good at talking trash :rofl: (yes it actually did make the set more enjoyable)

As for mr.slipknot fan... NIN is not a metal show, nin is not exceptionally hard music that wants people kicking eachothers ass in the moshpit (well ok maybe march of the pigs). Thats the second oppinion ive heard today that said 'they just werent hard enough, well wrong show man...

Mr. Burns
11-18-2005, 08:27 PM
I was at the Vancouver show and Calgary... Calgary got a way longer set (2 hours vs. 1.5 hours in Van city). I had a seriously good time at both, but I have to say that the Calgary show pwn3ed the Van city show in term of sheer energy. The calgary crowd was fierce! I hope that NIN comes back one day.

Sorath
11-18-2005, 09:10 PM
nin was fucking awesome :thumbsup:

Grip172
11-19-2005, 01:31 AM
WHAT?

queens and dfa sucked ass

nin was awesome

93hustler
11-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Damnit , i wanted to go sooo bad , fuckin hell!
Me too:(

Barking_Spidre
11-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by tsi_neal

As for mr.slipknot fan... NIN is not a metal show, nin is not exceptionally hard music that wants people kicking eachothers ass in the moshpit (well ok maybe march of the pigs). Thats the second oppinion ive heard today that said 'they just werent hard enough, well wrong show man...

I admitted to that. I said that they probably draw a different crowd. And I was right. :drama:

Mightaswell
11-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by A790

Kay, thanks for your input. Go home now please :)

INTERNET TOUGHGUY

Sup Nissan/Tempo buddy.