PDA

View Full Version : Just bough a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP....

zztoolzz
11-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Need some recommendations on speakers and anything else you might think I need.

I listen mostly to rock/metal music like Tool, Pearl Jam, stuff like that... Not looking for a crazy loud thumping sound... but like clear and somewhat loud... What specifically should I use for front and rear speakers... I also have 2 amps... one a sony, and the other is an alpine... they are quite old and I don't know the models off the top of my head... I bought from a friend quite a while ago cause he had to get rid of them. They are actually attached to a box with 2 12" woofers which are MTXs i think... I drive a 2005 Honda Civic EX so that seems like it might be a bit much....

Any ideas, insight, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Phat_Tercel_YO!
11-18-2005, 04:50 PM
I have had great luck running Powerbass equipment, and their new speakers and subs are absolutely killer.

Worth checking out IMO.

SWX
11-18-2005, 09:59 PM
The best thing is to take a listen to as much as you can. The MTX speakers are nice and should be easy to find where you are, but listen to as much as you can. Let your ears, NOT peoples opinions be your judge.

tplaya07
11-19-2005, 05:53 PM
If you want nice sound quality, I would suggest you put your emphasis on a decent component set for the front with an amp, and leave the rear stock speakers ran off the HU.
And Powerbass equipment is pretty nice budget stuff. You can also check out Infinity, JBL, DLS, CDT, Oz Audio, etc.

Goblin
11-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Focal speakers, with hertz subs. omg it is t3h sex.

btw, the speakers are 800 a set :(

DR.Gonzo
11-23-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm really liking DLS right now. Im trying out a setof UR6 in my car and I gotta say that the tonality is great, and the imaging and staging is really good with a minimal amount of work.