PDA

View Full Version : MR2 for sale threads on beyond... Ridiculous.

Hollywood
11-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I don't quite understand these prices these guys on beyond are asking for their mr2's. These cars where not gods gift to cars. And now with the JDM mr2's available you get import one wayyyy cheaper. But really 17.5 for a 92 mr2????? 8500 for an 89 mr2????? Who in their right minds will pay that kind of money for that..... It's almost comical but not comical enough for me not to find it annoying...:thumbsdow

Hollywood
11-18-2005, 02:09 PM
P.S. Haters go fuck yourselves.

civicrider
11-18-2005, 02:11 PM
yeah alot of money for an old car i dont understand why, nice cars but not for the price, kinda like CRX's

finboy
11-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

:rofl: :rofl:

Fcuk
11-18-2005, 02:14 PM
I agree! :thumbsup:

RickDaTuner
11-18-2005, 02:15 PM
the same goes for the skylines man... :thumbsdow

rith
11-18-2005, 02:15 PM
your sig picture makes me laugh hollywo:drool:d

DelSoln
11-18-2005, 02:16 PM
It's a baby ferrari come on! They still have a pretty timeless look and are pretty damn fast stock (especially turbo model). Not to mention you don't see one every hour. That being said yes they are overpriced. Then again you could say that about a lot of cars.

lint
11-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Isn't that Beyond though? when ever anyone sells something, it's made of gold. But when it comes to buying, offering half the asking price is standard.

A790
11-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Ask high, sell low.

Personally, if I knew the history of a car and knew where it had been and whatnot, I'd pay a bit more than normal for it.

But I completely agree; with the availability of JDM MR2's, you'd think that the demand on USDM ones would be considerably less, and hence the price lower.

CalgarySupra
11-18-2005, 02:39 PM
well toyota only has 2 rwd sports cars in that years so maybe thats why they cost that much?

yeah some mr2 sellers think mr2 is higher step then supra?

A790
11-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySupra
well toyota only has 2 rwd sports cars in that years so maybe thats why they cost that much?

yeah some mr2 sellers think mr2 is higher step then supra?

MR2 and Supra and two different classes of cars entirely.

In all honesty, you can't really compare the two. It'd be like a basketball player challenging a baseball player.

Weapon_R
11-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Sorta reminds me of a guy who wanted 25k for an S14 :dunno:

But I agree, its laughable

l8braker
11-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Agree 110%

90Tegra
11-18-2005, 03:06 PM
meh i think non turbo mr2 for example a 92 is worth around the 8,000-11,000 and the turbo model from 14000-17000

doublepostwhore
11-18-2005, 03:48 PM
^ are you joking?

1/2 that bro.

Hollywood
11-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by rith
your sig picture makes me laugh hollywo:drool:d

Hehehe thanks.

Originally posted by Weapon_R

But I agree, its laughable

Well I dont know if your making that comment towards me but I sold my s14 for 21K. It was heavily modded, and I had over 33k into it.

These MR2's for sale are pretty close to stock, 16" wheels, Cheap suspension, etc.

And dont get me wrong I like MR2's they are cool cars. 9-10k would get you a tight 90-91 jdm mr2 in the 3.0-4.0 rating, and low kms.

heavyD
11-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Was that Hollywood ownage there? Honestly I believe a car is worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Maybe to most 17K is alot for an MR2 but if a person has his mind set on a late model MR2 he may pay that amount just bacause they are so rare.

I thought the amount people are asking for 240's of all years is worse because most of those cars have rust or will soon and without the SR20 swap they are really an unremarkable car outside of RWD. At least MR2's have timeless exterior styling as well as decent performance stock.

benyl
11-18-2005, 04:47 PM
I want to get my hands on a 2005 AMG SRT-4 ACR. Do they make an STi version? How about a Nismo?

Damn that Fast and Furious movie... haha

heavyD
11-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I want to get my hands on a 2005 AMG SRT-4 ACR. Do they make an STi version? How about a Nismo?

Damn that Fast and Furious movie... haha

:confused:

benyl
11-18-2005, 04:55 PM
haha, oops.

The prices of these old cars are high in large part because of the fast and furious movies.

90s_tuner
11-18-2005, 04:58 PM
I am not a fan of RHD so MR2's in my world would go up to 10k for a 92 but no more.

Arthur Dent
11-18-2005, 05:29 PM
I love MR2s but there price tag is more than I'm willing to pay ... therefore I don't own one. Obviously there are people that want/like them more than me and are willing to pay. Simple as that. Same with CRXs, 6spd F-bodies, Corollas GTSs, etc.

Some cars are the other way around like 1st gen Rx-7s, Triumph Spitfires - I think they are a heck of deal so I've owned them.

A790
11-18-2005, 05:32 PM
I am going to buy a JDM MR2 simply because people want too much for USDM ones.

reeree
11-18-2005, 05:48 PM
i agree they are pretty expensive , but then again that is the seller's judgement. If they want to sell high, then so be it.
what's the point of haggling their sale if you have no intentions of buying?

everyone says stuff about other people's sales... but how often will you see them selling their own car for a low price.
to each their own.
you probably think you're car is gold and i might think it's shit, are you going to sell it cheap then??

and all this stuff about JDM cars importing here.
i think they are completely stupid and should not be allowed here. the positioning of the steering wheel was designed in correspondance with the fact that our roads.
i never knew 1989 cars were so cool.
let's break out the bell bottoms, dyed shirts and start getting high. they are cheap pieces of crap that are from the junkyards so they should stay there, we N.americans are picking at japanese garbage dumpsters because we cannot afford to buy one domestically. pathetic. surprisingly, i believe the JDM car community is quite proud to be driving garbage that some japanese guy through out years ago. WOOOO! sorry, im not into it.

everyone goes the japanese alternative because its cheaper.. and when they try to sell their cars out once they realize that its a piece of shit, goodluck.

and if you haters want to say its rare, sure. the new GTR is coming soon so start saving. we might as all wait and wait and wait till the jdm nsx is here and maybe when the supra is here.. JDM RHD style rulez !!

:thumbsdow

darkbanana
11-18-2005, 06:00 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this ones for you buddy

90s_tuner
11-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Hollywood if you were referring to this MR2:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90753

I think that MR2 can pull off the 17k price tag. Look at the condition and mileage. What is dumb is when some fool trys to sell his JDM MR2 for 13k and it smells like jappo and the paint is peeling. It doesn't matter if there is ONLY 55k on the ODO, you can never prove it.

tsi_neal
11-18-2005, 06:19 PM
I dont think importing JDM cars will ever drop the value of the north american versions... there are far to many people, me included, that would never drive a RHD vehicle if i could get the same thing in LHD even if i had to pay far more for it. Like when i see RDH 300zx's i just dont get it... and shit you can get a JDM 300zx TT for under 10k and a clean north american one is still worth well over 15 if not more.

sabad66
11-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by 90s_tuner

I think that MR2 can pull off the 17k price tag. Look at the condition and mileage. What is dumb is when some fool trys to sell his JDM MR2 for 13k and it smells like jappo and the paint is peeling. It doesn't matter if there is ONLY 55k on the ODO, you can never prove it.
:werd: That is one of the nicest cars i've ever seen for sale on here. If I had that kind of money that would be on the list of cars to check out for sure.

Hollywood
11-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by darkbanana

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this ones for you buddy

Hahaha, nice touch!

Originally posted by 90s_tuner

Well see if he can pull it off, I dought it. It's already reduced to 16k.

The thing with the JDM cars is sooo many look like shit becasue teh buyer cheaps out. You can ask any importer and they will tell you this is true. Its the young guys who want a cool car for cheap and this is what we mostly see on the road for jdm cars. If they would have spent a little bit more you get wayy better of a car.

Originally posted by tsi_neal
I dont think importing JDM cars will ever drop the value of the north american versions... there are far to many people, me included, that would never drive a RHD vehicle if i could get the same thing in LHD even if i had to pay far more for it.

I find it is the opposite. JDM cars are all over calgary. Where there was only a few importers available, now everyone and their dog imports JDM cars these days.

reeree
11-18-2005, 11:46 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this ones for you buddy

apparently you disagree with what i have to say so i guess you
are considered a hater as well towards my belief
so ... i quote the same for you. dumbass

A790
11-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by reeree
i agree they are pretty expensive , but then again that is the seller's judgement. If they want to sell high, then so be it.
what's the point of haggling their sale if you have no intentions of buying?

everyone says stuff about other people's sales... but how often will you see them selling their own car for a low price.
to each their own.
you probably think you're car is gold and i might think it's shit, are you going to sell it cheap then??

and all this stuff about JDM cars importing here.
i think they are completely stupid and should not be allowed here. the positioning of the steering wheel was designed in correspondance with the fact that our roads.
i never knew 1989 cars were so cool.
let's break out the bell bottoms, dyed shirts and start getting high. they are cheap pieces of crap that are from the junkyards so they should stay there, we N.americans are picking at japanese garbage dumpsters because we cannot afford to buy one domestically. pathetic. surprisingly, i believe the JDM car community is quite proud to be driving garbage that some japanese guy through out years ago. WOOOO! sorry, im not into it.

everyone goes the japanese alternative because its cheaper.. and when they try to sell their cars out once they realize that its a piece of shit, goodluck.

and if you haters want to say its rare, sure. the new GTR is coming soon so start saving. we might as all wait and wait and wait till the jdm nsx is here and maybe when the supra is here.. JDM RHD style rulez !!

:thumbsdow

Good opinion, nice to know its based on the view of some redneck asshole.

I don't know about you, but my JDM Silvia came with climate control, all power options, a turbo engine and a sunroof for less money than buying a SR20 powered 240. There's no rust on it, and it runs flawlessly.

Can we say the same about 90% of the 240's on the street? Uh... no. Some of them are nice, certainly, as there are exceptions to all generalizations. On the whole, most of them are in decline. Do I rant and bitch about how crappy domestic cars are? No. Why? Because there are going to be nice cars, regardless of where it come from.

Who the fuck am I to call them all piece of shit when I KNOW that isn't the case? It's comforting knowing that some dink can bitch and complain without actually educating themselves beforehand.

Last time I checked, 1989 wasn't bell bottoms and tye-die either.

Please keep your biased and uneducated opinion to yourself, thanks :)

Sharpie
11-19-2005, 12:18 AM
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/car/110685203.html

Theres one that seems a bit steep

b_t
11-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Personally I think people ask way too much for MR-2s, (and 240s, any Hondas (Especialy those CRXs), and Supras), but finding a stock one for sale seems to be pretty hard. Every MR-2 I have ever seen has had some serious work done to it, and fuck they are an amazing looking car. I wouldn't buy any of the ones ever put on beyond, I'd buy a stock low miles JDM one, pocket the $10k cash and then blow it all on building it my way.

legendboy
11-19-2005, 12:28 AM
I personally don't really want a rhd vehicle. I was actually considering buying this MR2 for 16 until i did a bit of reasearch on prices. I realized there are alot of stock low km MR2's around for like 6-10k less lol

Anyways, i figured why buy supra jr. when i could have the real thing for a reasonable price. So i did that :dunno:

C4S
11-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Put it this way .. this is story of my buddy from Edmonton.

2.5 yrs ago, my friend was asking $19,500 for his 1991 ( or 92 ) modified MR 2 turbo, back then, no JDM yet .. got 150,000 km ..

however .. just lots of "weird" kids came to test drive the car, no serious buyer .. or none of them had real money to buy it .. so .. he lowered his price to $17,000 .. well .. still.. lots of kids came to test drive, and asked him to take his car to here or there to show them .. blah blah ..

Then he got few poteintial buyers, and when they took his car to Toyota Dealer for inspection .. since his engine was mod, and he got body kit etc ... so, dealer qoute $7,000 + cost, in order to change back to stock part etc .. it didn't even pass the basic safety inspection.. ( but his car is not that bad, and very fast )

Anyway .. long story short .. after 6 months trying to sell his Mr 2 Turbo, he ended up sold it for $8,000 .. to a young asian guy with CASH ....

So .. from ~ $20,0000 asking price .. to actual $8,000 selling price .. that more or less reflect the reality ... :dunno:

( I know few other friends, they ask $18K + for their Mr 2 turbo, but they ended up sold their car for $11-12K, which was not as bad as $8K .. ) :eek:

reeree
11-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by A790

Good opinion, nice to know its based on the view of some redneck asshole.

I don't know about you, but my JDM Silvia came with climate control, all power options, a turbo engine and a sunroof for less money than buying a SR20 powered 240. There's no rust on it, and it runs flawlessly.

Can we say the same about 90% of the 240's on the street? Uh... no. Some of them are nice, certainly, as there are exceptions to all generalizations. On the whole, most of them are in decline. Do I rant and bitch about how crappy domestic cars are? No. Why? Because there are going to be nice cars, regardless of where it come from.

Who the fuck am I to call them all piece of shit when I KNOW that isn't the case? It's comforting knowing that some dink can bitch and complain without actually educating themselves beforehand.

Last time I checked, 1989 wasn't bell bottoms and tye-die either.

Please keep your biased and uneducated opinion to yourself, thanks :)

uneducated? yeap
sometimes i manage to find an unopened can of pop while im picking up cans from the trash. so i guess not all trash is bad. sorry for the generalization. :D

lint
11-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by C4S
Put it this way .. this is story of my buddy from Edmonton.

2.5 yrs ago, my friend was asking $19,500 for his 1991 ( or 92 ) modified MR 2 turbo, back then, no JDM yet .. got 150,000 km ..

however .. just lots of "weird" kids came to test drive the car, no serious buyer .. or none of them had real money to buy it .. so .. he lowered his price to $17,000 .. well .. still.. lots of kids came to test drive, and asked him to take his car to here or there to show them .. blah blah ..

Then he got few poteintial buyers, and when they took his car to Toyota Dealer for inspection .. since his engine was mod, and he got body kit etc ... so, dealer qoute $7,000 + cost, in order to change back to stock part etc .. it didn't even pass the basic safety inspection.. ( but his car is not that bad, and very fast )

Anyway .. long story short .. after 6 months trying to sell his Mr 2 Turbo, he ended up sold it for $8,000 .. to a young asian guy with CASH ....

So .. from ~ $20,0000 asking price .. to actual $8,000 selling price .. that more or less reflect the reality ... :dunno:

( I know few other friends, they ask $18K + for their Mr 2 turbo, but they ended up sold their car for $11-12K, which was not as bad as $8K .. ) :eek:

To sum it up, it doesn't really matter what the asking price is, it's what it actually sells at that counts.

chris
11-19-2005, 12:55 AM
people always overprice, expecially on this site. Then when you "low ball" someone, everybody gets all pissed off but in actuality the offer usually reflects the market price. As for the whole rhd discussion, anyone can drive rhd, believe me, it's not that big of a deal, if the mail man can do it, i'm sure you can do it. It all comes down to a choice, for me the cars i were looking at here were piles of shit compared to the auction vehicles in japan and I saved money over a stock 240 with "minor" rust, so my choice was easy. As for reeree, bell bottoms and tie dye were so 1979.
As for the Japanese crap comment, cars are imported through auctions, used car dealerships, and through private sales, how you figure that we get crappy cars is beyond me. Last time I checked, most of the cars you see on any used car lot have been bought from auction. I want to know how people figure that all the imported cars are "japanese crap"

max_boost
11-19-2005, 01:23 AM
So what is the going $$$ for a mint condition 92 MR2 turbo with 100k kms?

If the asking price on that MR2 dips below $15k, it'll be hard for me to resist. :D :drool:

Hollywood
11-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by reeree
apparently you disagree with what i have to say so i guess you
are considered a hater as well towards my belief
so ... i quote the same for you. dumbass

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this ones for you buddy

Muahahahaha.

3G
11-19-2005, 01:49 AM
think thats crazy, check this shit y0

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=12921794&pgno=7&srt=1

ringmaster
11-19-2005, 01:53 AM
wow ^

I think that it would be fun to see how many low-ball offers we can make on that lude

chris
11-19-2005, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

If the asking price on that MR2 dips below $15k, it'll be hard for me to resist. :D :drool:
i'd say about 12,000

mx73someday
11-19-2005, 04:41 AM
Hollywood knows how to make a thread! :thumbsup:

Hollywood
11-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by mx73someday
Hollywood knows how to make a thread! :thumbsup:

Fucking rights doggie!! I'm the 60 minutes 'Andy Rooney' of Beyond yo.:D :thumbsup:

JDM Mr2's 4thewin!

TEAMFaint
11-19-2005, 12:41 PM
You guys really need to be more educated about Toyotas and not strictly Hondas.

There is beyonder on here asking $16,000 for his 98 Honda Prelude (not H22A)

Then the beyonder who is asking $17,000 for his 92 MR2 with a 3SGTE, honestly I think most of you would gobble up the Prelude before the MR2 and for that, you guys are uneducated about anything other than Honda.

I dont mean to hate on you guys for driving Hondas but honestly, if you did any looking up on a 3SGTE and how easy they are to maximize HP, you would be astonished, and you would probably think that $17,000 isnt too bad.

Travel to Saskatchewan and look up on one of the autotraders. a 92 Toyota Celica GTS with a bodykit, rims, and a new paintjob was sold for $15,000. Had over 200,000 kms on it, and the stock engine..its all about who is interested in it. I know many people that would gobble up a 92 MR2 for $17,000.

A790
11-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint

Then the beyonder who is asking $17,000 for his 92 MR2 with a 3SGTE, honestly I think most of you would gobble up the Prelude before the MR2 and for that, you guys are uneducated about anything other than Honda.

I dont mean to hate on you guys for driving Hondas but honestly, if you did any looking up on a 3SGTE and how easy they are to maximize HP, you would be astonished, and you would probably think that $17,000 isnt too bad.

Travel to Saskatchewan and look up on one of the autotraders. a 92 Toyota Celica GTS with a bodykit, rims, and a new paintjob was sold for $15,000. Had over 200,000 kms on it, and the stock engine..its all about who is interested in it. I know many people that would gobble up a 92 MR2 for $17,000.

You make some good points, but your opinion is coming from a very biased point of view. Now, firstly, a 98 Prelude has the H22 in it. Next.

Secondly, price is all a matter of perspective. You're right, I completely agree. However, the point of the thread is that a lot of the sales going on our gouging prices (ie- $15,000 for a 92 Celica.) It's excessive.

I'm sure there are many, many people that would buy the $17,000 MR2 if they could afford it (myself included). Unfortunately, a lot of people can't justify that kind of cost for that car when you can buy a 91 JDM MR2 for $8000 or less.

I don't think it's a question of education, but morso a question of priorities.

JordanEG6
11-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 3G
think thats crazy, check this shit y0

wow thats fcuking ridiculous...thats the worse price tag ive seen for any car. i mos def would not pay over 5 for an 87 prelude. :thumbsdow

CryoCarnage
11-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

good luck. when my uncle used to own one with 75k, he sold it for a little over 25k. and i agree, it's because of the fast ad the furious.

Hollywood
11-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by A790

You make some good points, but your opinion is coming from a very biased point of view. Now, firstly, a 98 Prelude has the H22 in it. Next.

Secondly, price is all a matter of perspective. You're right, I completely agree. However, the point of the thread is that a lot of the sales going on our gouging prices (ie- $15,000 for a 92 Celica.) It's excessive.

I'm sure there are many, many people that would buy the $17,000 MR2 if they could afford it (myself included). Unfortunately, a lot of people can't justify that kind of cost for that car when you can buy a 91 JDM MR2 for $8000 or less.

I don't think it's a question of education, but morso a question of priorities.

Good points here. Nice job.

Not to mention the prelude is 6 YEARS newer than the mr2 in discussion.

Aleks
11-19-2005, 02:36 PM
I love seeing 89-90 RHD 240s or whatever they are called going for 16K. Do people actually pay money for stuff like this? Were they that much brand new? :dunno:

talonboi
11-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I love seeing 89-90 RHD 240s or whatever they are called going for 16K. Do people actually pay money for stuff like this? Were they that much brand new? :dunno:

i havent seen any silvia's going for that much, not even a skyline gts-t, they usually go for >10000 but i can see the skyline GTR going for about 18,000

A790
11-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

I'm asking 7 for mine. LOL. I think when the JDM thing first started a lot of people were successful in gouging prices, and are still trying to do that today.

Aleks
11-19-2005, 05:48 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109275

What about this one? Abslolutelly no offence meant to the owner, but what is it about it that would warrant such a price. It has a nice swap, and looks to be in great condition but it's still an 89. :eek:

max_boost
11-19-2005, 11:42 PM
If you want to price for a quick sale, sell it at $6k, not $16K:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rc2002
11-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint

You mean someone swapped out the original engine for something even worse? There was no prelude made from 97-01 that didn't have an H22A. You have the thread URL for this?

TEAMFaint
11-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

You mean someone swapped out the original engine for something even worse? There was no prelude made from 97-01 that didn't have an H22A. You have the thread URL for this?

Correction Error:

It is the H22A but not the H22A Type S , it is the H22A4. My appologies im a Toyota owner and not too educated on Honda engine codes.

But I do agree with some points on this thread:

Everyone is going to be biased on every car that they dont own. Obviously if someone sees a 1989 Nissan 240 that is tuned to the nuts and is asking for $25,000, I'm guessing if they own a 240 they will agree that the asking price is going to be relatively understandable, where as a toyota owner is going to this the sellers mind is the size of a peanut.

But in all honesty, if you were a Toyota owner and knew about how rare an MR2 is that is in great condition and the power the 3SGTE holds, you would think $17,000 is pretty close to a great asking price.

Im not here to rant, just here to post my opinion. I think that next spring if he still hast the car for sale, it will get gobbled up in the Autotrader.

brandon
11-20-2005, 05:06 PM
haha what about this silvia?
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95537&highlight=holla+silvia

It is marked at 20k and that is the reduced price!!!

I don't understand the logic some people have when listing thier cars for sale.

mx73someday
11-21-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by brandon
haha what about this silvia?
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95537&highlight=holla+silvia

It is marked at 20k and that is the reduced price!!!

I don't understand the logic some people have when listing thier cars for sale.

JDM Convertible Silvia's are an exception to many market rules, there were only 500 made and they were all automatic, the same color (white I think) and CA18-powered (I'm pretty sure about all this, so don't hate on me if I'm off). Also, convertibles have more demand in Japan, so you almost always pay alot for them (in Japan). Here's a good example of what I'm saying:

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d56170830

Stock, 1990 convertible Silvia, 42,000kms, automatic, the buy it now is set at JPY990,000 (would cost most people over $16,000 fully imported), the minimum bid is JPY350,000 but still has a reserve (would cost most people around $9000 fully imported).

Add to that, Allen's car is show-prepared, highly modified and in amazing shape. It's definitely a realistic price if you ask me.

frostyda9
11-21-2005, 09:42 PM
A lot of people posting in this thread seem to look at car prices as a result of model and production year only. Those of you that do would seem to be misinformed on the effect that mileage, rarity, and current enthusiast demand can have on a vehicles price.

lastprodigy
11-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Cars are worth what people are willign to pay for them. If you had one of the cars in question would you not list it for a bit more to see if you got any bites if you werent in a rush to sell? Why not. A cars value goes way beyond a financial value when it comes to some cars...if you think its a rip off, dont buy it.

Fuji
11-21-2005, 09:58 PM
A car is worth it's book price plain and simple. Mods don't make a damn difference, however the condition of it does. Some ppl will pay a premium for a modded car, but any normal person wouldnt fork out more than a coupel extra grand over hte book value.

frostyda9
11-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Just for fun, I looked up a 240SX in the blue book and here's what I got:

1990 240 SX, absolute top shape (vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning), 60,000 KM on the odometer. Private sale value: $1820.

Of course, that is in US funds. CDN$ equivalent: $2154.59

Ford Mustang. 1990 GT convertible w/200k on the odometer and in absolute excellent shape with no problems whatsoever. $2605 USD / $3083.80 Canadian