PDA

View Full Version : Extra injector install for CA18DET (split thread)

240ssx
11-18-2005, 03:14 PM
If its not sold im interested in it.

i have a question that the nissan crew can answer i hope. i have the CA18ET in the 200 but ive heard that with the install of an intercooler you need to install another injector to stop it from leaning out. is this ture or can i run it with an intercooler fine since its a stock boosted car? Im currently running 8 psi with a turbosmart boost controller.

chris
11-18-2005, 04:59 PM
i think you should be fine, the only difference an intercooler makes is that it makes the air cooler, you don't get more air in the mix which would cause the car to lean out, 8 psi with an intercooler is the same as 8 psi without an intercooler.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-18-2005, 05:06 PM
^ I disagree. Cold air is denser than warm air, thus with the install of an intercooler, the air is cooled down to the point where X Psi actually forces more volumetric oxygen through the engine than a non-intercooled car. Is that enough to lean out the car? I don't know, but it might.

chris
11-18-2005, 08:45 PM
8 psi is still 8 psi, there is no difference in the pressure, there is a difference for pressure, because a boost gauge is set up to take the reading in the intake manifold, there is 8 psi in the intake manifold.

theken
11-18-2005, 10:35 PM
8psi is 8psi but when the air is colder it is more dense therefore more air, same pressure more of it, therefore might lean out

finboy
11-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
^ I disagree. Cold air is denser than warm air, thus with the install of an intercooler, the air is cooled down to the point where X Psi actually forces more volumetric oxygen through the engine than a non-intercooled car. Is that enough to lean out the car? I don't know, but it might.

Originally posted by theken
8psi is 8psi but when the air is colder it is more dense therefore more air, same pressure more of it, therefore might lean out

ding ding ding :thumbsup: