PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari F355... $14990.00?? whaaa?

ringmaster
11-19-2005, 02:06 AM
(not sure where to put this.. mods can move it if they want)

Ok so im on buysell.com just browsing through used cars and this pops up: http://www.buysell.com/search/resultsvr2.aspx?pshcat=keyword&id=2124&qu=ferrari
I was friggin pumped when I saw this and called the guy right away! of course the phone # doesnt work so I emailed him for details and a better phone # and I get this:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest regarding my car ( 1995 Ferrari F355 Spider ). Here are the details that you have to know about this deal. First of all I have to tell you that I am located in Italy along with the car. I am trying to make a new life here because my wife wants to be closer to her family.
The car is presenting in a very good condition, no scratches, no dents, always well taken care of. It has only 21,455 Kilometres. It has always been garage kept. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be anytime registered into your name without a problem. The original receipt and all remained warranty information packet with enrollment number is included for you.
The price I want to obtain for it is C$ 15,000 and if you agree with it we can start to complete the transaction. I realize that is a cheap price for such a product but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn’t do in normal circumstances and believe me it is not easy at all for me to sell a thing which was one of my dreams during last years. I've wanted to register it here and keep it for me. Unfortunately import taxes and european regulations made me change my mind. Now I am trying to sell it back to for such a low price because next week I have a deadline term for paying those taxes.
I did some research and I decided that the best and the fastest way I can ship it is using Lufthansa Air Cargo and it will take between 5 and 7 days to arrive at your door.
I hope the price and shipping are acceptable to you and I'm looking forward receiving a positive response. I have to tell you that I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regarding this sale function of time of payment and price. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you!
David Miller

OMFG what a scam!! I mean at least sign your name as "Brad Dowler" since thats the name of the email acocunt holder (not David Miller). You f-ing choch! I hope you rot in hell....

chris
11-19-2005, 02:11 AM
i wonder how these cars make it on to buysell and such, someone must have to read over these things and just say "come on, you expect me to believe this bullshit"

ryder_23
11-19-2005, 02:13 AM
Sounds oddly similar to that G35 scam :rofl:

ringmaster
11-19-2005, 02:14 AM
He listed it online only and probably paid close to one hundred dollars for all those pictures and text. My guess is that due to poor screening for fraud at buysell, no one picked up on it before posting it to the website.

arian_ma
11-19-2005, 02:21 AM
I hope you didn't actually call him...
Ferrari for 15k?
man what are people thinking when they send this guy a cheque

FiveFreshFish
11-19-2005, 02:24 AM
Doesn't look like a real number.

Tel: 403-666-3333

But maybe I'll try the number at 3:30am. :devil:

lastprodigy
11-19-2005, 01:54 PM
What the hell is wrong with you people? Are you stupid enough to believe this??? At least do a search and see how this comes up every week .... its getting annoying :drama:

Bill Cosby
11-19-2005, 02:45 PM
ad will be removed off the buysell website asap

shakalaka
11-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Awfully similar to the g35 scam, yes. Add is still there as of now, but these fucking scammers should be fucking shot.

l8braker
11-19-2005, 02:52 PM
wonder if he's nigerian???????

Chester
11-19-2005, 02:54 PM
There was a similiar one for a brand new R1. I phoned the number and it didn't work so I emailed him and got the same email, except he said he was in Germany or something.

Aleks
11-19-2005, 03:04 PM
LOL I can't believe people fall for this kind of thing. :banghead:

Raz2
11-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
wonder if he's nigerian???????

Probably?

419eater fo life!

DannyO
11-19-2005, 03:20 PM
OMG what a deal, I'll send him a cheque right away.

Seriously, atleast make it believable.

I'm selling my McLaren F1 if anyones interested, first $10,000 takes it.

pyro
11-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by DannyO

I'm selling my McLaren F1 if anyones interested, first $10,000 takes it.

$7000 and u got urself a deal:thumbsup:

Bill Cosby
11-19-2005, 04:11 PM
:closed:

Z24_3.1.
11-19-2005, 04:14 PM
thats prob a monthly payment

ryder_23
11-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby
:closed:

Why? its good to inform people of such scams...

DannyO
11-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by pyro

$7000 and u got urself a deal:thumbsup:

Ok I can do that, just send me the money, and I'll ship it to you, as I'm currently in the North Pole as its better for my family.

ringmaster
11-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
What the hell is wrong with you people? Are you stupid enough to believe this??? At least do a search and see how this comes up every week .... its getting annoying :drama:

Not that I have the money, but I thought it was a miss-print of $149900.00. I would be surprised If somone DIDN'T call on this ad.

C4S
11-19-2005, 06:15 PM
:closed: :repost:

:rofl: come on .. dont bring up this kind of thread again ..

SCAM SCAM! just like if I am telling you, I am selling a 2000 ft condo in downtown Calgary for $50,000 ... :rofl:

And this is not STREET ENCOUNTER .. :dunno:

ringmaster
11-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by C4S
And this is not STREET ENCOUNTER .. :dunno:

Ok "Captain beyond", where would you have placed the thread?
If you read the very first line in my first post, I stated that I did not know where to post this....

Also I am aware that there are many threads like this on beyond and on forums across Canada, but the best way to fight this type of crime is to expose it. So thanks for your attempted flame but it was really not necessary.

l8braker
11-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ringmaster

Ok "Captain beyond"

Captain Beyond :rofl:

00redLUDE
11-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by ringmaster

Ok "Captain beyond", where would you have placed the thread?
If you read the very first line in my first post, I stated that I did not know where to post this....

Also I am aware that there are many threads like this on beyond and on forums across Canada, but the best way to fight this type of crime is to expose it. So thanks for your attempted flame but it was really not necessary.

hahaha BURN!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: