PDA

View Full Version : ringtones for 8801?

boostless
11-19-2005, 12:20 PM
i jus got the phone but really want my own ringtones, is there anything like the razr for this where i can just plug in a data cable and transfer? i got a CD for the phone when i got it but nohting that resembles a data cable...
thanx

shakalaka
11-19-2005, 12:22 PM
I just use the bluetooth. Its so much easier and faster.

boostless
11-19-2005, 12:29 PM
im a retard, pls explain how i do this, the desktop charger in front of a computer?

shakalaka
11-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Ok well your phone has bluetooth right. So you will have to turn that on, and make your phone visible. All that can be done from bluetooth settings, you will be able to tell if you read the manual or browse around the phone settings for a bit. Now the question is whether your computer already has bluetooth in it or not, that you should know. Some laptops come with bluetooth preinstalled in them, if not then you will have to go out and buy a bluetooth dongle. Thats exactly what its called, e-bay has tons of cheap ones and can be bought in local computer stores as well. Its a small USB thing just like a USB flash drive that goes in the USB port of the computer or the laptop and then you can set it up by following the instructions that pop up in your system tray on the bottom left.

So, now lets say that you have turned on the bluetooth on your 8801 on, and the computer's bluetooth is on as well. Right click on the ringtone file you want on your phone and go to "Send to" and then click on "bluetooth device". Another window will pop up which will search for bluetooth devices in the range of your computers bluetooth. After searching for a few seconds and it will pop out the list of all the bluetooth devices in the range of the computer, one of them which will be your 8801. So just select the 8801 from the list and click on next button or send or whatever it will say, and you should get a message on your phone, something like "accept data transfer from...". Click on yes and you are good to go, save it on your Nokia and you can set it as your ringtone or whatever. Similarly you can send wallpapers and all that crap via bluetooth as well.

boostless
11-19-2005, 01:26 PM
awesome thanks
turns out i dont hav bluetooth on my laptop or desktop tho :banghead: , is there any other way i can do this or is bluetooth my only shot?
thanx

Weapon_R
11-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Buy a bluetooth dongle for your computer first.

shakalaka
11-19-2005, 01:53 PM
If you do not have bluetooth on your computer then you will have to buy the bluetoth dongle which is quite cheap from e-bay, or if you dont want to wait then you can go to future shop or something as well.

boostless
11-19-2005, 01:59 PM
cool thanx so much!