PDA

View Full Version : UFC 56: Full Force Results

Jimmy99
11-20-2005, 01:49 AM
I'm surprised no one has posted about the event yet tonight...anyways here goes~!

As alot of you already know, Joe Riggs couldn't make weight so the title fight was cancelled. Though, Matt Hughes being a good sport decided to fight him anyways. Matt Hughes Wins by Submission at 3:28 in the 1st round by Kimura.

Secondly...Rich Franklin is my hero~!! Rich Franklin Wins by Knock Out at 2:34 in the 1st round . Nate Quarry got knocked the fawk out~! And I mean HARD~! :clap:

Georges St. Pierre Wins by Technical Knock Out at 2:53 in the 2nd round by Strikes. Georges then begged UFC Management for a title shot vs. Matt Hughes on live TV :rofl: GO CANADA~!

Jeremy Horn vs. Trevor Prangley...Jeremy Horn Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round . Judges scored the fight 29-28.

Kevin Jordan vs. Gabriel Gonzaga...Gonzaga Wins by Stoppage (Referee) at 4:39 in the 3rd round by Strikes. WORST FIGHT EVER except for the "Superman" punch in the last 30 seconds.

Same Hoger vs. Jeff Newton...Sam Hoger Wins by Technical Knock Out at 2:05 in the 2nd round by Rear Naked Choke. Hoger then called on Forrest Griffin for a rematch from TUF Season 1 :D

Nick Thompson vs. Keith Wisniewski...Nick Thompson Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round . I don't remember this fight :D

Thiago Alves vs. Ansar Chalangov...Thiago Alves Wins by Technical Knock Out at 2:25 in the 1st round .

As well...Dana White made some HUGE announcements...

1. Liddell vs. Couture #3 on Fed. 4th 2006 :clap:
2. TUF 3 coaches will be; Ken Shamrock :thumbsup: & Tito Ortiz :thumbsdow When Tito entered the ring, Shamrock and Ortiz just about scrapped :rofl:
3. BJ Penn is back~!! :clap:
4. Frank Mir is back and set to fight Orlofski for a title match :clap:

2006 should be an awesome year for the UFC~!!

B20EF
11-20-2005, 02:17 AM
I really wasn't sure who would win between Rich Franklin and Nate Quarry, they're both good fighters.

Can't wait for these fights to show on Spike:thumbsup:

Dave P
11-20-2005, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy99

4. Frank Mir is back and set to fight Orlofski for a title match :clap:

Who is orlofski? hahahahhahaah

Dave P
11-20-2005, 02:51 AM
And why is this in entertainment?

MMA is a fuckin sport.

Use this thread.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1291713#post1291713

ecstasy_civic
11-20-2005, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Dave P

Who is orlofski? hahahahhahaah

:banghead: :rofl:

mediocre night

2002civic
11-20-2005, 02:15 PM
i heard joe roggin had some interesting comments about things:rofl:

Jimmy99
11-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
And why is this in entertainment?

MMA is a fuckin sport.

Considering it was on tv...makes it entertainment to me. You don't have to be such a tool~!

ecstasy_civic
11-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy99

Considering it was on tv...makes it entertainment to me. You don't have to be such a tool~!

:rofl:

Football, hockey etc... are all sports and they're all on TV.

WRESTLING is entertainment, MMA is a sport

1-Bar
11-20-2005, 03:16 PM
man, there were some wicked fights last night.....all but the heavyweight fight was good...man, Joe Rogan is daymm funny cominator....

It was also interesting to see a guy with a karate background get into the mix

88CRX
11-20-2005, 03:26 PM
can you every download these from the internet after they've happened?

ecstasy_civic
11-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

I think you can get them through a torrent?
Ive got a few buddies in the states who get them from some download site and watch them live, but Ive still yet to figure it out:thumbsdow

mdeleon
11-20-2005, 03:32 PM
how long you think till it shows on spike? damn i forgot about this one.

ecstasy_civic
11-20-2005, 03:34 PM
it'll be a while before its aired

mdeleon
11-20-2005, 03:40 PM
g'damnit, probably. is there an encore presentation anytime?

GoChris
11-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

yup, I downloaded it his morning and finished watching it not too long ago.

Franklin kicked some ass, what a great fight. And Georges St. Pierre impresses me even more every time he fights, I cannot wait to see him fight again, ALWAYS entertaining.

Not to pumped about ortiz being back, he used to be good to watch, now hes just an ass.

Why was it that BJ Penn was gone for so long, hes a good fighter, been a while since I've seen him fight.

cman
11-20-2005, 06:56 PM
official mma thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1291713#post1291713)
lots more there.

Dave P
11-20-2005, 07:15 PM
VIVA LA MMA THREAD

hah

hockeybronx
11-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Man now I wish I would have seen the payperview.

Obviously I was most interested in the Hughes fight, and also the Franklin/Quarry fight.

Definitely good to see Matt Hughes win, he's such a fan favorite wherever he goes:thumbsup:

I've never seen Nate Quarry lose before, then again I've never even seen Franklin fight. Probably was a good one though. Quarry was by far my favorite fighter from Ultimate Fighter 1 (even though he wasn't really in it), and I've been kind of following his career since.

Yeah I can't wait for Spike to show these fights, and now that Shamrock is going to be coaching the Ultimate Fighter 3 I'll have to check it out when it starts.

Thanks for the update Jimmy99

cman
11-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Quarry is so lucky he didnt suffer any major brain damage.
look at the huge seizure he is in on the ground. brutal.

big_k
11-21-2005, 01:11 AM
that was a crazy knock out, i though the fight was gonna be stopped the first time he was knocked down, and so did franklin, haha

that final knock out punch was awsome though, quarry froze right up, crazy

ecstasy_civic
11-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Posturization, hes going to have some sort of neurological brain damage from that punch.

He wont be fighting for a while.:(

Wildcat
11-21-2005, 12:30 PM
anyone who thought that quarry actually had a snowballs chance in hell needs to get their head surgically removed from their anus.

89coupe
11-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by GoChris

yup, I downloaded it his morning and finished watching it not too long ago.

Franklin kicked some ass, what a great fight. And Georges St. Pierre impresses me even more every time he fights, I cannot wait to see him fight again, ALWAYS entertaining.

Not to pumped about ortiz being back, he used to be good to watch, now hes just an ass.

Why was it that BJ Penn was gone for so long, hes a good fighter, been a while since I've seen him fight.

George St. Pierre will rock Matt Hughes when they fight again. Pound per pound he is the best fighter in the UFC right now.

GoChris
11-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

George St. Pierre will rock Matt Hughes when they fight again. Pound per pound he is the best fighter in the UFC right now.

Ya I think so too, I cannot wait to see that matchup! Plus his backflips are fun to watch hehe.