PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

JAYMEZ
11-20-2005, 03:31 AM
Just got back from this movie , must say it was freaking awesome .. The dragons were cool , and it was good to finally see Lord Voldermort.. Anyone else see it?

I give it at 5/5 for a Potter fan
and a 4.5/5 for a movie fan.

kiwi
11-20-2005, 03:33 AM
I was planning on watching it last night, but all the tickets were sold out already!

Maybe next weekend.

statick
11-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Gonna have to see this sometime in the week.

shakalaka
11-20-2005, 10:17 AM
I dunno, the girls that live in the flat next to mine have been asking me to go with them for like a week now. They started even before it came out, one of them made like a proper harry potter shirt and all, sewed it up really nice. I dont really feel like watching this movie though. Kinda stuck up on the thoughts right now.

A2VR6
11-20-2005, 12:13 PM
I sawi t last night... I liked it alot, better than the previous ones for sure!

Hamann
11-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Damn that movie was awesome :thumbsup:

2002civic
11-21-2005, 01:23 PM
it was pretty good, g/f still says the first one is the best as it is the closest to the book

ca2p3r
11-21-2005, 01:26 PM
the book was okay

but all harry potter movies are fag-town.

eb0i
11-21-2005, 02:34 PM
I didn't like the last movie adaptation of the previous book, however this latest adaptation I thought was even worse than the last.

But for the time frame the director didn't have much to work with and so there is a lot of the plot that is left out. Being a fan of the book, that made me a little upset and unsatisfied leaving the theatre.

Dragons:thumbsup:
Voldemort :thumbsup:
Hermione:poosie: :rofl:

missing plots:thumbsdow :thumbsdow
missing dursleys:thumbsdow

i'd give it 3/5 overall.

Lomax
11-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Saw it last night. Really liked the movie. The dragons were cool. Alot of the plot was missing compaired to the book though. Worth seeing if you like Harry potter at all.:thumbsup:

JeremyD
11-21-2005, 02:46 PM
The dursleys always irritated me and i am kinda glad they were left out, but on the other hand it might be harder to bring them back for the rest of the movies. I don't know.

I don't evny Newell in having to cut plotlines. That book was huge. The other option (and the studio approved it) was to shoot it as two films and release them a couple months apart.

Overall it was a pretty good film. I think reading the book was more required compared to the others but overall pretty good.

Other complaint - they didn't focus on fleur delacour (she is at least legal) enough in the underwater test. hehe

iceburns288
11-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Fleur wasn't hot... but damn, some of those other girls:drool:

Yeah, the movie was awesome!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

benyl
11-21-2005, 09:27 PM
I hate how harry potter movies just "end". No denument, just, its over now.

Voldemort has no nose!

lastprodigy
11-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by ca2p3r
all harry potter movies are fag-town.

:werd: i too dont get the hype...

dj_rice
11-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Heres a vid of what Fleur looks like underneath lol...

http://www.break.com/articles/clemencepoesy.html

I'm planning on watching it maybe 2-3 months later...after all the hardcore Potter fans and lil kiddies have watched it....cuz I'm too cool to join them :rofl: :rofl:

403Gemini
11-22-2005, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by benyl
I hate how harry potter movies just "end". No denument, just, its over now.

Voldemort has no nose!

sorta gave off the idea that hes almost half snake half human. but naturally as the books describe it (i believe if i remeber right) the magic and evilness of killing so many people corrupted him so thats why he looks so fucked.

the movie wasnt bad, though i did enjoy the CG int he last movie more with the dementors. however the dragons fucking owned, the the mer-folk?! omfg weak

eb0i
11-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by JeremyD

I don't evny Newell in having to cut plotlines. That book was huge. The other option (and the studio approved it) was to shoot it as two films and release them a couple months apart.

I wouldn't have minded two parts at all. At least the story would fit better and build up towards the next book better.

A_3
11-22-2005, 09:35 AM
I think when they make Harry Potter movies, they don't make it as a recreation of the book. Instead they assume you've read the book, therefore, they focus on the main points of the book. The parts of the book that would look really great on the big screen, this in turn creates a story line with tons of holes which the directors assume you should be able to fill in on your own. As a Harry Potter fan, I enjoyed it for sheer entertainment value. It's not going to be an epic film that's going to set new standards for modern day movies. It's a simple portrayal of an enjoyable book. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for the new Harry Potter!

93hustler
11-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ca2p3r
the book was okay

but all harry potter movies are fag-town.
ROFL!!!!!! I give all my buddies that are into HP a hard time. I don't get whats so great about about the movies. I haven't read any of the books I prefer more adult stuff.

JAYMEZ
11-23-2005, 11:23 PM
^^ Blah , its just a movie and a book , no need to give anyone a hard time , its just what people like sometimes

benyl
11-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

very nice...

JeremyD
11-24-2005, 11:20 PM
^^^

Her legs are a little skinny but

:hitit:

lsc2g
11-25-2005, 08:20 AM
i thought the movie was good..the ending was lacking a bit tho.. like harry wins that big challenge but nobody cares at the end kinda deal

JeremyD
11-25-2005, 02:09 PM
That was the way the book ended tho. Winning the tournament was rather overshadowed by the other events and revelations.

natejj
11-25-2005, 05:04 PM
The movie BLEW ASS compared to books. 2 thumbs down.

abyss
11-25-2005, 05:13 PM
I liked the movie, but I liked the book a lot better. The movie just ended too quick. I liked the fact that this movie was a lot darker than the previous ones as well.

YCB
11-25-2005, 05:16 PM
too much talking... not enough abrakadabra and hocus pocus... :dunno:

Teggy2nr
11-28-2005, 10:16 PM
I wish there was more of the Quidditch World Cup, that game looks fun

Carfanman
11-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Eww...:barf: :barf: :barf:

Shes so fucking skinny, and her face, eugh!

Foz
12-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman

Eww...:barf: :barf: :barf:

Shes so fucking skinny, and her face, eugh! :werd:

:werd:

kiwi
12-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Finally saw the movie last night!
Overall, I really enjoyed it, & I think my bf did too, because he's never read any of the books, & he seemed to understand what was going on & stuff...

tictactoe2004
12-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by kiwi
Overall, I really enjoyed it, & I think my bf did too, because he's never read any of the books, & he seemed to understand what was going on & stuff...

lol, if you remove the begining part that reply becomes a classic.

:D