PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Washington and New York

ronaldo
11-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Going to Washington and New York over the Christmas break...never been to either place so just wondering what are some good places to check out? I should be in New York for New Years. Any help/suggestions are appreciated

2002civic
11-20-2005, 01:53 PM
well for new years go to times square, are you into site seeing? because the white house and all the monuments and museums in washington can kill some time, it was actually interesting

lastprodigy
11-20-2005, 09:30 PM
SOUP NAZI

l8braker
11-20-2005, 09:45 PM
yea, watch your self in DC. a bud of mine used to live there for 15 years and its a total gongshow. he was tazered on his front lawn and robbed by thugs TWICE in a week if you can believe that. stay in the North West section and you'll be fine :thumbsup:

NY... New Years.. jeleous :D :D :D :drool: have fun:clap:

s dime
11-21-2005, 03:20 AM
in D.C. check out the smithsonian institution. Definitely a day trip, so much to see and do, don't miss out!

sl888
11-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Rockefeller Center
Statue of Liberty
See some broadway shows?
Empire State Building
Central Park
Visit Ground Zero?
Lots of shopping on Madison and Fifth

B17a
11-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by s dime
in D.C. check out the smithsonian institution. Definitely a day trip, so much to see and do, don't miss out!

There's actually 18 or so Smithsonian museums, I saw most in my one day whirlwind tour of DC, pretty neat stuff. Also, go check out Arlington National Cemetary just across the river, yes its a cemetary but it is very impressive. NYC is awesome too, so much to see.

t-im
11-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Brunch at Balthazar

ronaldo
12-12-2005, 07:21 PM
lol soo much to see...thankz for all the input guys

my sister is especially interested in where we can go shopping in washington and new york...any help is appreciated

:thumbsup:

JordanEG6
12-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by sl888
Rockefeller Center
Statue of Liberty
See some broadway shows?
Empire State Building
Central Park
Visit Ground Zero?
Lots of shopping on Madison and Fifth

heres more for NYC:
Times Square
Many of their 5 star restaurants
Staten Island
Broadway City
NBC Studio Tours
NY Skyride
Queens Center Mall
Try to catch a Knicks game at madison square garden ;)

I would also suggest that you take the subway. It's an interesting experience...but scary at times lol. its also the ideal transportation, way too grid locked, especially in manhatten.

www.iloveny.com

RSeXy
12-13-2005, 06:56 PM
You will have to post about your experiences in NY. I am going there in July! :D

ronaldo
01-03-2006, 07:54 PM
just got back from my trip...had an awsome time. checked out quite a few of your guys suggestions. thankz alot they were a great help:thumbsup: