PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants in Las Vegas

sl888
11-20-2005, 03:45 PM
What are some restaurants that are must visits in Vegas?
So far I've heard a lot about the buffet in Aladdin's and N9ne Steakhouse in Palms.

l8braker
11-20-2005, 04:03 PM
there is a really great place in the Bellagio. pricey, but depends what you're after

FatboyTheHungry
11-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Delmonico in the Venetian. My steak was so juicy, it spit at me... This is one of Emeril Lagasse's restaurants, and he actually makes somewhat regular appearances in the kitchen. Top notch! :thumbsup: :drool:

phreezee
11-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Alladin Buffet rules all buffets in LV!!!

For an amazing steak/lobster/view/service, Eiffel Tower!

TrevorK
11-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Honestly, it's best to go to a site like www.lasvegastalk.com - there you can ask people who have just been there what it's like.

From what I read there, things can change quickly within Vegas in terms of quality/service, especially at buffets...

Melinda
11-21-2005, 11:05 AM
There are 2 places my parents love to go but they're pricy. Place called Picasso's, it's a swanky restaurant with real picasso's hanging on the wall. I THINK it might be in the bellagio and another place called Olive's which is also pretty good. Cant remember where they said that was, maybe ceasars?

89coupe
11-21-2005, 11:18 AM
The buffet in Alladin wasn't all that great IMO. For $26 US I wasn't overly impressed.

My buddy and I found this new restaurant in the Alladin mall called Max's Cafe. Awesome food and the price you couldn't beat.

It had an atmosphere similar to Earls or the Met. Everything on the breakfast and lunch menu was $3.99 and two for one beers. The dinner menu was $6.99 for anything on the menu and two for one beers.

The food was excellent!

civic_stylez
11-21-2005, 12:22 PM
the country club in the wynn hotel has the best steak chef in las vegas... i have never had a steak so good in my life..i would literally fly out there just for a steak and go home... its not exactly cheap there though.. dinner for 6 was 2000$ US.

89coupe
11-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
the country club in the wynn hotel has the best steak chef in las vegas... i have never had a steak so good in my life..i would literally fly out there just for a steak and go home... its not exactly cheap there though.. dinner for 6 was 2000$ US.

$2000 for six entree's?

Could you be more vague...LOL.

blitz
11-21-2005, 01:02 PM
The Rio!!! Off the strip, but free shuttles from Harrah's. By far the best buffet I had while I was there.

Emeril's restaurant in the MGM was great, but pricy at $US160 for 2 people.

89coupe
11-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by blitz
The Rio!!! Off the strip, but free shuttles from Harrah's. By far the best buffet I had while I was there.

$160 doesn't sound bad for two people.

I think you people should be a little more descriptive.

For me a nice dinner with my GF usually consists of an appetizer, two entree's, dessert, a bottle of wine and a couple beers for me.

Usually entree's at a decent place are around $20-35, appetizers are usually $10, dessert $10, a bottle of wine is usually $55 and beers $5 each.

Add 20% for tip and you get $160-174 depending on the price of the main entree.

sputnik
11-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez

:bullshit:

You are either lying or your party ordered $1500 in booze.

http://wynnlasvegas.com/pdf/Country_Club_Grill.pdf

civic_stylez
11-21-2005, 01:47 PM
^^^ werd... we were having dinner with the former VP of td canada trust and there was alot of expensive liquor at our table as well.. but the majority of people that go there do order booze to their table and everything on the booze list is very expensive so i was just indicating to him that dinner is going to be expensive either way you go about it... we did have bottles of cyrstal and 50$ glasses of cognac at our table so i apologize for being mis leading..

sputnik
11-21-2005, 01:51 PM
I have never been to a restaurant that didnt have a $50 (or less) bottle of wine on their wine list. I think a more reasonable estimate would be to say that it will be about $120/person (unless you get retarded with bling liquor).

Crystal with the VP of TD? Are you sure you werent out with Dre and Eazy E? Which former VP were you out with? I have some friends that are pretty high up at TD.

haccord2001
01-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Todai is good for sushi it is at the allidan and the augusts cafe at Ceasers palace as well 14 - 16 ounce prime rib for 24 USD

dj_rice
01-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
there is a really great place in the Bellagio. pricey, but depends what you're after

Theres many great places in Bellagio lol....Bellagio has tons of restaurants....theres an asian one, a french one, a steakhouse one...dont even get me started...U dont know what ur talkin about

l8braker
01-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Theres many great places in Bellagio lol....Bellagio has tons of restaurants....theres an asian one, a french one, a steakhouse one...dont even get me started...U dont know what ur talkin about

Thanks for coming out Mr. Vegas.

I was thinking of the Picasso restauraunt.

http://www.bellagio.com/pages/din_picasso.asp

shadowz
01-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Paris or Bellagio for buffet, Rio for the seafood buffet, Lawrys for prime rib, and fatburger for fastfood

Toma
01-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Best BUFFET in Vegas.... RIO. Unbelievable. You could not sample everything there if you stayed a month.

Its like a massive food court with a little "island" section for every kind of food.... indian, italian, chinese, japanese, desserts....

Unbelievable.

Weapon_R
01-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Crystal with the VP of TD? Are you sure you werent out with Dre and Eazy E?

:rofl:

Friend just came back from Vegas, and wasn't overly impressed with the Aladdin Buffet either. He said that it is good but far too hyped.

DarkDream
01-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Check out Todai.... Its a japanese restauraunt.... Its All you can eat... and the lunch buffet was i think 15.00 bucks

Here are some positive things i can say about this place

1.) their sushi doesn't contain alot of rice
2.) they don't limit you for how long you stay
3.) they don't charge you for leftover food....
4.) Lots of selections, Seafood soup actually has seafood in it.....

You can also check out Bonsai at Aladdin Its expensive as hell though 8 pieces of sushi(Not Rolls) was like 27 bucks... But the sushi was really good.... Or maybe i only thought it tasted good becasue i just spent 27 dollars US for 8 pieces of sushi :nut: :nut:

THe Hotel Buffet's I've been to is Aladdin and Rio.. they were both really good but not much difference between the two except for there desserts and seafood selection..... :drool: :drool: LIke everyone say's its expensive... but definitly still worth it because there is nothing in Calgary that comes close.....

eb0i
01-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by blitz

:werd: The Rio's Buffet is stellar. Was just there during New Year's. It's about $35 per person. The service is great and the selection of seafood is very good. Definite one of the better buffets there.

pinoyhero
01-14-2006, 06:27 PM
The cafe in Paris is a great value