PDA

View Full Version : Want to haul a car from Kingston to Calgary - any advice?

ricosuave
11-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi all,

Im thinking of buying a car from ontario and having it shipped here.

I've heard that trucking companies will do it for a decent price, and rail is an option too.

Im looking at bringing the car from Kingston to Calgary, and obviously, I'd like to pay a lowere price, but dont want to scrimp on getting the car here safe and in one piece.

Any recommendations or advice would be welcome.

If you have done something like this before, please post the company name and contact number, and I'll check it out.

Thanks in advance,
rico

chris
11-20-2005, 09:18 PM
you can use lhf, thats really the only company i have heard of, me and my friends have had cars shipped from vancouver, toronto, montreal, probably broke one of my window visors, could have been someone else though, 3 friends of mine shipped with them and had no problems

edit: website is www.lhf.com

Weapon_R
11-20-2005, 09:20 PM
You're looking at about $850 to get it here with a reputable company. Hanson is a good company to deal with.

lastprodigy
11-20-2005, 09:25 PM
:werd: to weapon....Hansens's Forwarding would be the guys to use. I remember they charged about 7-800 a few years back to ship my sisters car to toronto.

The Rider
11-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah, Hansen's brought my car from Vancouver, no real problems. One thing to be aware of though is that they have an online tracking thing on their website that's not very accurtate. It kept saying that my car was still in BC for about 2 weeks until I called and found out that it had been sitting in Calgary for about 4 days.

PrezeS_PL
11-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Hansen's :thumbsup:
Official Transporter of the Canadian Rally Championship

http://www.lhf.com/hansens/index.html

Raz2
11-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Oh, just so you know, all the dickweeds that work at the lot at Hansen's all drive the cars like it was their own. I've seen brand new jags with plastic still on the brakes go sideways at full revs with less than 10km on the engine.

Something to think about if you like your car.

- Rasmus

nismodrifter
11-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Hansens :thumbsup: $750 from Toronto to Calgary.