PDA

View Full Version : Online laptop customization sites?

cosmok
11-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Are there any other places besides Dell and Voodoo that let you choose components and have similar options to the 2 previously mentioned?

FatboyTheHungry
11-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Alienware.

http://www.alienware.com/

These are real gaming notebooks...

BerserkerCatSplat
11-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Support a local Calgary business, buy Voodoo! :D

cosmok
11-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Support a local Calgary business, buy Voodoo! :D

They have nice stuff, but seems overpriced for having someone paint the cases.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by cosmok

They have nice stuff, but seems overpriced for having someone paint the cases.

They're pricey because they're as much a piece of visual art as they are a functioning computer. All internal cables are hand-folded, wrapped, and routed. The water-cooling systems are state-of-the-art. Voodoo makes high-end elite systems, not your average Memory Express unit.

That's for desktops, I'm not sure of how their laptops are done, but I'm sure they're built with the same exacting quality.

cosmok
11-21-2005, 07:50 PM
They buy a whitebox laptop, get it painted then build it to specs. Not really looking for a "work of art," just as long as it meets the specs I'm looking for and it runs.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
That's for desktops, I'm not sure of how their laptops are done, but I'm sure they're built with the same exacting quality.

hampstor
11-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by cosmok
They buy a whitebox laptop, get it painted then build it to specs. Not really looking for a "work of art," just as long as it meets the specs I'm looking for and it runs.

Sager notebook ... they use Clevo notebooks (which is one of the ones im sure voodoo/alienware/pctorque use). There is also Eurocom.