PDA

View Full Version : Sarcee / Crowchild Overpass

rage2
11-21-2005, 12:25 PM
They opened it up for south traffic this weekend. I saved 5 mins going to work in rush hour this morning. My usual 24-26 minute Arbour Lake to downtown commute got cut down to 19 mins this morning! :thumbsup:

Should be interesting to see how much it cuts down my going home commute, as westbound crowchild at sarcee is always green going straight now since north sarcee traffic is closed till the 25th, which is when they open up the remainder roads and kill off that light for good.

Originally scheduled to open in November, it was delayed till Feb 2006, but due to great weather, it's open this week!

Nose hill + crowchild has started work... once that's done it should kill off all traffic past mcmahon stadium up until Tuscany.

trendkill
11-21-2005, 01:09 PM
yea, i know... such a trip when i first drove on it friday night. but is so good to see it almost done.

Lo)2enz0
11-21-2005, 01:37 PM
this sucks, i have been waiting for this since i live in tuscany and now i am moving downtown.

oh well i will enjoy driving to my parents place in bearspaw

have you guys been to stoner trail and crowchild i hate those lights with a passion

t-im
11-21-2005, 01:42 PM
It's open? I will try it today!

CSMRX7
11-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Driving home still sucks since they have been closing the right lane on crowchild @ sarcee to build the off ramp.

rage2
11-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Yea but now the light's always green. No more stopping there, so traffic shouldn't back up too much even with only 2 lanes open.

l8braker
11-21-2005, 03:31 PM
:thumbsup:

C4S
11-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Yeah .. I drive on Crowchild almost everyday .. ( saw you Rage many times! :D )

but with 50km/hr construction speed limited .. no saving on my time yet .. :dunno:

Plus lots of rock chips due to construction too .. :thumbsdow

Altezza
11-21-2005, 03:39 PM
I've avoided that section of road for a while cuz of construction. I'll have to try it again. Thanks for the tip!

t-im
11-21-2005, 04:30 PM
I went on the overpass today! Real coool.

finboy
11-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
this sucks, i have been waiting for this since i live in tuscany and now i am moving downtown.

oh well i will enjoy driving to my parents place in bearspaw

have you guys been to stoner trail and crowchild i hate those lights with a passion

moving to the eau claire place?

AllGoNoShow
11-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Overpass screwed me up last night, didn't realise I couldn't come back on it so I ended up going down to 53rd then through dalhousie and back to sarcee, oh well its getting closer!

kaput
11-21-2005, 08:55 PM

iblizzard
11-22-2005, 02:58 PM
I do pizza delivery in the NW communities, and we've all been cursing the construction... every night something is new, and we have to modify what deliveries we're sending out with what drivers... right when they first moved westbound crowchild at stoney trail to the new intersection, and closed one lane on eastbound crowchild between nosehill and stoney... we had to send 5 or 6 tuscany deliveries with one driver (normally we only do 2 or 3 at a time).. and we would still come back to crowfoot through scenic acres...

I can't WAIT until they're complete.. but until then it's hell for anyone who has to go through there.