PDA

View Full Version : Help

Big Double U
11-22-2005, 01:36 AM
I was un aware that my boost controller was set on high

(i drive Aleks's boosted integra)
I drove for about 3 minutes and the car was puffing a huge amount of smoke out of the exhaust, so I pulled over to the side, and the car wont start. It's parked down the street and Im flipping out. What's happening?!

T-Dubbs
11-22-2005, 01:50 AM
were you bagging on it, before it started smoking?

Big Double U
11-22-2005, 01:57 AM
nothing extreme, it was late night driving.

it was all white smoke coming out the exhaust, nothing from under the hood.. but i stopped and picked my girl friend up and when i started up it musta went to hi boost accidentally .. and only accelerated to about 5 grand, then saw smoke, and coasted.

big_k
11-22-2005, 02:00 AM
you got enough boost running there to blow the welds on the intake. did your passenger floor fall off??

big_k
11-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Big Double U
nothing extreme, it was late night driving.

it was all white smoke coming out the exhaust, nothing from under the hood.. but i stopped and picked my girl friend up and when i started up it musta went to hi boost accidentally .. and only accelerated to about 5 grand, then saw smoke, and coasted.

oh, and boost doesn't just go up when u turn the car on by accident, you have to change it via the boost controller

Big Double U
11-22-2005, 02:13 AM
i know that but it was off initially so when i turned it on i must have hit it twice. regardless, my boost guage was only at about 12 when it happened because i looked right before i saw the smoke.

white smoke

the oil is still it's normal color

but it wont start.

Big Double U
11-22-2005, 02:16 AM
basically i'd just like to know what happens when a car that is tuned for low boost runs on high boost for 30-ish seconds..

blown head gasket?

worse?

Primer_Drift
11-22-2005, 03:10 AM
Damn, sucky :(

Could possibly be a blown headgasket, or rings. I'm not familiar with Alex's build, I'm guessing ARP headstuds with OEM headgasket. Your best bet would be to do a compression test.

White smoke could be blue also.. its dark out.. so it'd be kinda hard to tell.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-22-2005, 03:17 AM
Will the car turn over at all when you try to start it?

White smoke screams broken piston(s) or wrecked piston rings.

lastprodigy
11-22-2005, 04:09 AM
yikes

ex1z7
11-22-2005, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Will the car turn over at all when you try to start it?

White smoke screams broken piston(s) or wrecked piston rings.

In my experience (accord, datsun 200b) rings are blue..

In my also experience with cars that wont start (accord, after blowing the engine //crank, bearings//) nothing works at all, wont turn over, wont do a thing - just kinda buzzes..

If thats the case, you're lookin' at more then pistons.. a cracked piston the car should still attempt to turn over and not make it, or make it and not run well at all.. usually..

It wouldn't be seized, but you may have spun a bearing..

Get a tow truck - bring it to a shop.. It doesn't sound like something you can fix yourself at all.

Keep us posted, I'm interested in hearing what the problem is - and if I'm close at all.

And yeah.. the welds on the intake are probably screwed too :rolleyes:

Aleks
11-22-2005, 08:08 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109809

more help here!