PDA

View Full Version : HELP: DVD-RW issues IDE in new system...

MidnightDreamer
11-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Strangest problem... Brand new computer I just built... HDD's on SATA, and a single BenQ DVD Burner on IDE... I tried multiple settings ie, IDE CH1 MASTER, IDE CH1 SLAVE, IDE CH2 yada yada... The computer will hit the load screen briefly before going to a blue screen which flashes too quickly for me to read and then restarts... I can not boot into the OS, and I have no idea what the problem is... The drive works fine, I just tested it on another system... I also tried another CD-RW in the new system, and that one reads fine for some reason... Something I'm missing here? Thanks in advanced for any help you guys can render.

RickDaTuner
11-22-2005, 01:46 AM
im no computer geek but it sounds like a power source problem, as in something is arcing?

Fcuk
11-22-2005, 01:53 AM
usually blue screens can mean anything when my blue screen kept flashing, i replaced one of my memory sticks which had been damaged and the blue screen went away.

Usually in a blue screen it'll say something like
0x000002 restart windows and if this problem keeps occuring blah blah..

Just test your hardware one by one..

MidnightDreamer
11-22-2005, 11:00 AM
It's the DVD-RW for certain... Like I said before, the problems only occur with the ROM connected up... Any other time I can get into the OS no problem...

ricosuave
11-22-2005, 06:02 PM
disconnect the dvd-rw

boot into windows

right click on my computer icon, choose properties

choose advanced tab

choose startup and recovery

uncheck 'automatically reboot' under system failure.

reattach dvd-rw

boot and see what the blue screen tells you.

also, i'd try a different ide cable, and check the pins on the mobo and the dvd-rw connectors.

rico