PDA

View Full Version : W.O.W thoughts.....

Pages : [1] 2

R-Audi
02-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Well, first of all, I don't mean any disrespect if a description of a car I give is yours, to each there own.
It seemed like there was way to much "show", and too little "go" I prefer the go before the show, but thats me. 3/4 of the cars seemed to have extremely extensive body mods, but when it came to engine, had a CAI and Exhaust. Those performance mods generally wouldn't make up for the weight added on for their huge wheels, and body additions. Another thing I dont really care for is the wild vinyl graphics. Some look OK, but for most its too much.

At the same time, there were a few that really impressed me. First off is Hollywood's 240. Not that his car was No Show, but it definately had a lot of the go. Quite the sleeper look minus the front mount, and exhaust. I love that car.
Second up was Shadowz orange prelude. It had a ton of show, but way more than enough of the go to go along with it. I normally don't like the flashy cars, but loved his. The Japanese plates and CF trunk looked great.
Third, the ITR with the Mugen JDM front and Turbo. Gawd I love that car. Almost bought a JDM ITR last year, and this car makes me kick my self for not doing so. That car is so clean.

All in all WOW wasn't too bad, I would prefer the imports together, but thats just me. DId anyone catch the size of the wheels at Kal Tire? When you see them you will know which wheels I am talking about. I think I will probably go back again on Sunday, after all, there really isn't that much to do when it is this cold. Congrats to everyone that entered their car.

szw
02-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Well it is a car SHOW.

Go to the track in the summer to see go!

jdmakkord
02-22-2003, 02:31 PM
It may be a car "SHOW" but most people appreciate speed more than a flashy stereo! Chances are that even the hot rod guys were impressed with adrian's 240, or mau's supra. On other boards I've even read that they liked al's jem teg. Amazing they liked a honda!!!

ninjak84
02-22-2003, 04:54 PM
My thoughts:
I enjoyed the show, good job to everyone involved.

Most bling booth - Tunerworks, good work!!!!!
Most unique mod - Nick's CF trunk.
Most amazing car - Black 300zx.
Most noticable mod missing - I don't think anyone painted their calipers... why not?
Most pimp mod - Anyone sporting Axis Se7en's!

The "wtf?" award goes to the awesome red RX7 that was wearing the Red Suns logo. Definitely made me look twice, what a sweet car!!!!!

Blue Devil 2
02-22-2003, 07:44 PM
one of the most unique mod's i came across was this roof!!

VWhooligan
02-22-2003, 09:44 PM
what was up with that 2002 Golf TDI. It had rims/taillights/grille and lowered?

Since when does a car like that get in, maybe it had more that I didnt see though...

not to be rude, but I know a few other Mk4 VW's that are way better than that thing

CRXguy
02-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by VWhooligan

Since when does a car like that get in, maybe it had more that I didnt see though...

not to be rude, but I know a few other Mk4 VW's that are way better than that thing

You must be referring to "suffeks". :rofl: :rofl:

Ben
02-22-2003, 11:00 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11006

Here are some more Pics I took of the event!

On the outside that may be the case, but his car has more torque to the wheels than your car has Horsepower at the fly...

VWhooligan
02-22-2003, 11:14 PM
i know that he has lots of torque... thats a given being diesel.

i'm pretty sure he has a chip and injectors, which probably give him around 300 foot pounds worth... but in my opinion, if I'm going to pay $11 to get into WoW, I want to see cars that make me drool. Unfortunately this one didnt, not yet anyway.

And you say his car has more torque to the wheels than my car has horsepower at the fly? Yes, thats true, I'm not modded nor pretend to be. I have 240 torque at the fly, so i guess I could say that I have more torque at the wheels than he has horsepower at the fly? Everything can be compared someway or another.

Don't get me wrong, no offense was intended. I just felt it was out of place. Personally I would have loved to see Peter or Pat's car there, or even a 337.

Ben
02-22-2003, 11:18 PM
i know that he has lots of torque... thats a given being diesel.

i'm pretty sure he has a chip and injectors, which probably give him around 300 foot pounds worth... but in my opinion, if I'm going to pay $11 to get into WoW, I want to see cars that make me drool. Unfortunately this one didnt, not yet anyway.

And you say his car has more torque to the wheels than my car has horsepower at the fly? Yes, thats true, I'm not modded nor pretend to be. I have 240 torque at the fly, so i guess I could say that I have more torque at the wheels than he has horsepower at the fly? Everything can be compared someway or another.

Don't get me wrong, no offense was intended. I just felt it was out of place. Personally I would have loved to see Peter or Pat's car there, or even a 337.

Well I'm not sure of the specifics with what went down with the world of wheels. Personally I like Barts car even though its not heavily modified, but there were quite a few cars there that were bone stock or maybe very mildly modified...

WoW organizers are definatly going to have to do some serious shaking of their heads and decide on what stays and what goes weeks or Months before the show, not a couple nights before. I think they also have to get out into the import communty and realize that cars with neon and altezzas and flashy Decals are not what true Import Enthusiats want, in any case, there were some VERY nice cars down there!

VWhooligan
02-22-2003, 11:30 PM
:thumbsup: well said ben

there were some incredible cars there that made me drool.. but there were a few that made me scratch my head.

Illusionsir
02-22-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
My thoughts:
I enjoyed the show, good job to everyone involved.

...Most pimp mod - Anyone sporting Axis Se7en's!

hehe

04blackMAX
02-23-2003, 12:11 AM
lets see some more pics of your ride cory..i havnt seen iot yet with the 19's

SI-vic
02-23-2003, 12:20 AM
I know most of you will disagree but the LV Integra was amazing! (it was near the Impressions booth). The NSX Wide Body Accord was pretty nice too. I like the flashy styles as you can see...haha but thats just me.
All in all better then I expected.

Hollywood
02-23-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi
At the same time, there were a few that really impressed me. First off is Hollywood's 240. Not that his car was No Show, but it definately had a lot of the go. Quite the sleeper look minus the front mount, and exhaust. I love that car.

Cool thanks! It's nice to here this, I worked really hard to make that car what it is with the money I had, I did do most of the work on it myself, lost 20lbs in the summer doing it. I won an award for "most outstanding vehicle in my class".

And I agree with your overall statement about bling being not as important these days.

Originally posted by jdmakkord
It may be a car "SHOW" but most people appreciate speed more than a flashy stereo! Chances are that even the hot rod guys were impressed with adrian's 240, or mau's supra. On other boards I've even read that they liked al's jem teg. Amazing they liked a honda!!!

Kinda funny you ay this, there was a biker guy who came twice for a better look, and I had several older guys asking me questions and such about the car, and they said they liked it.

P.S. Ninjak, my calipers are painted....

l/l/rX
02-23-2003, 02:02 AM
who ever owned that gold integra, with the hood removed, and the gull wing doors, and think that was one of the most amazing rides there, was it turbocharged, ahaha i forgot already, but yea anyways that car was amazing along with the interior.
umm....another interesting ride was that green civic HB at rpms booth, with the CF roof top, that was pretty wicked.
there were many others, that were quite impressive, shadowz lude was 1 of them.

the only thing missing, was the motorcycle section. I didnt really spend much time there, but from what i saw it was shit! didnt see any cool paint jobs on the harleys. People have to start modding out their sport bikes(imports/euro bikes) and enter them in, cause that section is poor IMO.

Ben
02-23-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
who ever owned that gold integra, with the hood removed, and the gull wing doors, and think that was one of the most amazing rides there, was it turbocharged, ahaha i forgot already, but yea anyways that car was amazing along with the interior.
umm...

Yeah, its turboed, and apparently the owner chalks it to run 12's:rolleyes: :confused:

Wild originality tho!!!

Light_Speed
02-23-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
umm....another interesting ride was that green civic HB at rpms booth, with the CF roof top, that was pretty wicked.
there were many others, that were quite impressive, shadowz lude was 1 of them.

the only thing missing, was the motorcycle section. I didnt really spend much time there, but from what i saw it was shit! didnt see any cool paint jobs on the harleys. People have to start modding out their sport bikes(imports/euro bikes) and enter them in, cause that section is poor IMO.
thats an awsome integra
its the guys down at milleniem auto
they wanted to sell that before when it was blue and didnt have the wing doors for like $65,000
i wonder how much they would want for that thing now

Madspinner
02-23-2003, 02:49 AM
I asked that guy how much is door conversion was and he said $6000 .I would like to do that to my car ,but thats a lot of cash,lol

ninjak84
02-23-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood
P.S. Ninjak, my calipers are painted....

:thumbsup:

Melinda
02-23-2003, 11:50 AM

He won an award in his class last night actually...I liked it, good for Bart for making it in...Clean car IMO

I think the show wasn't too bad this year...lots to see, some really clean rides ect. Fave booth is definately ClubVeeDub, they went pretty out of their way to make sure they had every detail covered right down to their clubs logo on the bases of the "rope lines" that went around their booth...

I'll be goin back today and my pictures will be up soon.

Melinda

importadrenelin
02-23-2003, 12:04 PM

Second up was Shadowz orange prelude. It had a ton of show, but way more than enough of the go to go along with it. I normally don't like the flashy cars, but loved his. The Japanese plates and CF trunk looked great.
Third, the ITR with the Mugen JDM front and Turbo. Gawd I love that car. Almost bought a JDM ITR last year, and this car makes me kick my self for not doing so. That car is so clean.

Well said R-Audi...... BTW saw Als Type R.........Holy shiat... soo impressed makes me want to keep my Type R... damn good job...
Hey shadowz nice CF trunk BTW, nice see in ya at Outlaws last night... too bad about that little muck you stepped in:rofl: j/k

Ben
02-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Fave booth is definately ClubVeeDub, they went pretty out of their way to make sure they had every detail covered right down to their clubs logo on the bases of the "rope lines" that went around their booth...

Melinda

Yea, they had those Last year, and it was awesome, they won Best display last year I believe, or Second Place. Something good.

VWhooligan
02-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Yea, they had those Last year, and it was awesome, they won Best display last year I believe, or Second Place. Something good.

yah we won second place last year behind mopar :(

and about winning an award in his class last night, what award was it? most unmodified sport compact?

Melinda
02-23-2003, 01:56 PM
and about winning an award in his class last night, what award was it? most unmodified sport compact?
Actually he placed somewhere like 2nd or 3rd in the small compact class (Bart correct me if I'm wrong here)

Bart's car has a lot of attention to detail, very nice car and I think he made it there for a reason. He did really well. Yes there are some more slightly more modded golfs out there, some even applied and got rejected but he made it there for a reason...his car is original, didn't see one like it at the show and haven't seen one out on the roads...

Stop hating on the cars there, people put a lot of work into them and no matter how done up they are, they deserve to be able to show off what they've done and be proud of it without people flaming them

Melinda

nismodrifter
02-23-2003, 02:01 PM
what time is world of wheels going till tonight? I haven't had a chance to go yet

10pm??

R-Audi
02-23-2003, 02:08 PM
I forgot to mention the Silver 1.8T Golf. Loved the S4 front, Huge FMIC, and the deep dish wheels. I wasn't overly impressed with the Tunerworks booth though, The M3 was super nice, but I have seen it before at pretty much every other car show, along with the RCTS cars. They are all super nice, but I have seen them a little too much. The NSX was OK, I have seen nicer around Calgary.
I guess my comments about the No go and all show were directed more towards the cars with Bass Boat metal flake paint, and every body part swapped out that only had a CAI and exhaust. I just prefer a car that is more evenly spread. They look fast, but probably go slower than the stock cars because of all the added weight. But if thats what they want to do fine, I just prefer a little more go fast parts. Everyone has a right to an opinion. I guess that fits in with the Golf TDi, I was kinda shocked to see it there, when other cars that were much more modified wern't. I am not saying I don't like it, it just seemed like all it had was wheels and suspension. Maybe if the hood was open, it would acheive the sleeper look a little better. It was a nice car though

VWhooligan
02-23-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
Stop hating on the cars there, people put a lot of work into them and no matter how done up they are, they deserve to be able to show off what they've done and be proud of it without people flaming them

Melinda

1) "Stop hating on cars?" I made a comment about 1 (one) car.
2) "no matter how done up they are, they deserve to be able to show off what they've done" No they don't. Just because they've slightly modded their car doesnt mean they deserve to take the place of better cars in a show. if he wants to show off his stock car, go to the street.

R-Audi, yah that GTI was amazing! That's Ken from Concept1's. It's got a full body kit, 10" wheels and Stage3+ turbo(350hp). Now tell me how the TDI beat this GTi please?

buh_buh
02-23-2003, 02:57 PM
k, EVERYONE wins an award at WOW.
So no offense, but its not that impressive to win anything at WOW.

max_boost
02-23-2003, 03:00 PM
There are so many cars, and you can only place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd right?

So what happens when they forget about someone's car and they don't get an award? haha they just make up a new category! haha :D

Redlyne_mr2
02-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Light_Speed

thats an awsome integra
its the guys down at milleniem auto
they wanted to sell that before when it was blue and didnt have the wing doors for like $65,000
i wonder how much they would want for that thing now
That car was fucking gay...the onyl thing I appreciated about that car was the paint job, it was flawless

Impreza
02-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

That car was fucking gay...the onyl thing I appreciated about that car was the paint job, it was flawless

:werd: that car was the gayest thing ever....omg.....i have to agree with the flawless paint job....VERY NICE!

method
02-23-2003, 09:30 PM
as much as I like imports, none of the import cars hold a flame to the hot rods.

you can bolt on as much shit to your 300zx or whatever the hell you want... but the amount of creativity, effort, money, and time in those rods make your cars look like a weekend project.

Hollywood
02-23-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by method
as much as I like imports, none of the import cars hold a flame to the hot rods.

you can bolt on as much shit to your 300zx or whatever the hell you want... but the amount of creativity, effort, money, and time in those rods make your cars look like a weekend project.

Kinda, but Hot rods are usally in ASS condition to start with and need WAY more work to restore than making a 95 import look clean and new. Creativity? Hmm not sure if rods take the cake on that because many of them try to restore to factory condition which then there is absolutly no creativity at all.

How is ordering a Holly intake maifold with a bolt on carb considered creative compared to bulding your own turbo kit for your car....

Redlyne_mr2
02-23-2003, 10:53 PM
Hollywood dude I saw your car at wow it was looking so nice ...I wasn't sure what you looked like otherwise I would have come up and said hey...I tried thinking back to those pics you posted a while back of you and your buddies getting smashed but they still didnt help to jog my memory...nevertheless sweet ass car man:thumbsup:

GT2NV
02-23-2003, 11:05 PM
yeah i loved both cars in the speedville booth whose turbo integra was that??

Hollywood
02-23-2003, 11:07 PM
Hollywood dude I saw your car at wow it was looking so nice ...I wasn't sure what you looked like otherwise I would have come up and said hey...I tried thinking back to those pics you posted a while back of you and your buddies getting smashed but they still didnt help to jog my memory...nevertheless sweet ass car man:thumbsup:

You will have to catch me at a 403/beyond meet, I usally attend. Most people know me there so just ask around for someone to point me out.

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 11:09 PM

You will have to catch me at a 403/beyond meet, I usally attend. Most people know me there so just ask around for someone to point me out.

Hey dude, I saw your car. It was beautiful! I give it a 9.9/10 because I didnt like your CF gauges, it doesnt match/compliment your car. Other than that :bigpimp:

fcuk_it
02-23-2003, 11:14 PM
....was anyone there by the auto zeal booth where those nascars were when these 2 ummm....."hot" girls in bikini's were sitting on the hood and they dented it... haha.. OMG was it ever funny.... it was that car infront of allans type-r.... oh yeah hollywood your car is........ HOLY FCUKIN SHIET.... was KRAZY.... sr20det blacktop... are u running the s13, or 14 motor?????

bart
02-23-2003, 11:15 PM
i recieved the "outstanding car" award in the "compact custom" class. there were about 15 cars in that class i believe. ken's golf got "best car" in the same class as me.

so i feel pretty good about it, especially since i didnt pay for judging, lol.

only reason i entered was 2 things:

1) see what happens, never did anything like it before.
2) do some vw representation, too much rice there.

THREE40SEVEN
02-23-2003, 11:18 PM
She looked good hollywood!! I looked for ya, but you were never around....

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by suffeks
i recieved the "outstanding car" award in the "compact custom" class. there were about 15 cars in that class i believe. ken's golf got "best car" in the same class as me.

so i feel pretty good about it, especially since i didnt pay for judging, lol.

only reason i entered was 2 things:

1) see what happens, never did anything like it before.
2) do some vw representation, too much rice there.

Dude, dont use RICE as a term for imports. That's like me calling people who drive VW's nazis.

THREE40SEVEN
02-23-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk

Dude, dont use RICE as a term for imports. That's like me calling people who drive VW's nazis.
BUhahahahahahahahahahaha!
NO, its not.

James
02-23-2003, 11:20 PM

Kinda, but Hot rods are usally in ASS condition to start with and need WAY more work to restore than making a 95 import look clean and new. Creativity? Hmm not sure if rods take the cake on that because many of them try to restore to factory condition which then there is absolutly no creativity at all.

How is ordering a Holly intake maifold with a bolt on carb considered creative compared to bulding your own turbo kit for your car....

:werd:...there was some old '59 truck that had chipped paint all over the place. didnt really fit in.hmmmmm :confused:

Hollywood, the 240's lookin good man:thumbsup:

Some cars there wernt really my( and obviously alot of others) taste. But some of those people have put alot of time/money into thier car, and even if they dont seem to be "up to par" with some of the other cars in the show i dont that means that gives us the right to say they shouldnt have been there. If someones want to show off thier Precidia with chrome 16's,( sorry, but it was one of my least fav rides there) and the show organizers think its worthy, than all the power to them.
I have no clue where this would be possible in Calgary, but i think a bigger Venue should be used if there gonna overbook by 70 cars or whatever it was:thumbsdow....feel sorry for those who got cut at the last minute, not really fair at all

Hollywood
02-23-2003, 11:20 PM

Hey dude, I saw your car. It was beautiful! I give it a 9.9/10 because I didnt like your CF gauges, it doesnt match/compliment your car. Other than that :bigpimp:

Ya I ment to paint it..ran out of time. But the puppy is my g tech, if it's bobbing head leans fully to the left thats 1 g!!! Hehehe. He's guarding the spot for my electric fuel pressure guage which is 322.00 bucks that i dont feel like spending yet.

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN

BUhahahahahahahahahahaha!
NO, its not.

Yes it is. VW's were designed by Hitler. It would be narrow-minded to assume that all people who bought VW's are nazis. Much like it's narrow-minded to call imports 'ricers'.

Hollywood
02-23-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by James

:werd:...there was some old '59 truck that had chipped paint all over the place. didnt really fit in.hmmmmm :confused:

Hollywood, the 240's lookin good man:thumbsup:

Some cars there wernt really my( and obviously alot of others) taste. But some of those people have put alot of time/money into thier car, and even if they dont seem to be "up to par" with some of the other cars in the show i dont that means that gives us the right to say they shouldnt have been there. If someones want to show off thier Precidia with chrome 16's,( sorry, but it was one of my least fav rides there) and the show organizers think its worthy, than all the power to them.
I have no clue where this would be possible in Calgary, but i think a bigger Venue should be used if there gonna overbook by 70 cars or whatever it was:thumbsdow....feel sorry for those who got cut at the last minute, not really fair at all

Ya I will never go to a car show again as a displayed car, too annoying plus my car is not a show car. But the guys at V8less introduced themselves to me asking me to come to there drag events near edmonton...I like those. I had a bunch of fun at last years drag wars, but my car was still being built then.

THREE40SEVEN
02-24-2003, 12:00 AM
LOL, What does a ricer have to do with a murderous dictator?
I get the drift, but that is a terrible comparison.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-24-2003, 12:02 AM
i was plannin to go, but good thing i couldnt, guess i can use my $11 on the McDeals!

rx7_turbo2
02-24-2003, 12:16 AM

Second up was Shadowz orange prelude. It had a ton of show, but way more than enough of the go to go along with it.

As far as I could tell the turbo was not plumbed up to anything? I could be wrong but it looked like the turbo had been thrown in at the last minute just for the show. That car wasnt the only car with this type of thing, I counted no less than three cars with giant NOS bottles and absolutely no sign of NOS injection under the hood. Some didnt even have lines comming from the bottle. I know some will argue that it was like this because they had not gotten around to plumbing it in yet, that's all well and good but then don't list it on your mods sheet.

I got what I expected from the show. There were some nice cars that's for sure. For the life of me however I can't figure out why some sparkly paint and coloured hoses constitutes a show car:dunno:

That and I did have a good laugh at the stock TDI, not really sure why that was there, with that said there was some stock corvettes who should not have been there either. JMO

method
02-24-2003, 02:31 AM

Have you ever restored a car? It takes a huge amount of time.

Ordering a holley intake manifold? Do you even know what a hot rod is? Not a muscle car buddy, a hot rod. Did you see those completely custom cars or not?

Even that flat black 3 window coupe was some serious shit. Chopping the top on one of those cars is a more labour intensive process than installing a turbo.

hot rodding isnt even in the same class as tuning.. hot rodding is a bloody art form. every car is different...

method
02-24-2003, 02:38 AM

Yes it is. VW's were designed by Hitler. It would be narrow-minded to assume that all people who bought VW's are nazis. Much like it's narrow-minded to call imports 'ricers'.

hitler came up with the idea of an affordable car for everyone..

porsche designed the beetle... :eek:

5.9 R/T
02-24-2003, 03:12 AM

Ordering a holley intake manifold? Do you even know what a hot rod is? Not a muscle car buddy, a hot rod. Did you see those completely custom cars or not?

Even that flat black 3 window coupe was some serious shit. Chopping the top on one of those cars is a more labour intensive process than installing a turbo.

hot rodding isnt even in the same class as tuning.. hot rodding is a bloody art form. every car is different...

:werd:

A lot of time, effort, and especially money went into the better cars there. I think it's unfair to compare the so called three classes as they have been put into on this board however. I don't think anyone here can relate to a muscle car owner trying to track down a numbers matching 4spd tranny for his 440 powered charger, spending countless hours researching, sending letters to previous owners and dealerships. It can take years before the part is found, and can cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. IMO trying to restore a car, muscle car or otherwise, to it's original state is one of the hardest things to do to a car. Owning an import makes it a little easier since your buying all the parts new and it is essentially cut and paste when it comes to parts, of course the exterior and the interior call for a little more creativity when choosing color/graphics and a kit. Making it all flow together to represent a certian style, a reflection of the owners tastes, takes some trial and error, but for the most part the (import) cars at the show this year seemed to have it together fairly well. The hotrod is a special blend of creative design and performance from scratch. I can't really say much on this since it's mindboggling the amount of money and time that goes into building one. Just imagine designing and then building every aspect of a car. I can't, and probably never will be able to.

So, to make a long story short, you can't say that one car had any more right to be there then any other car because you don't understand how much time/money/effort when into making that car the way it is, and that doesn't just refer to looks.

girlRACER
02-24-2003, 03:14 AM

I love the L.V. paintjob! Makes me want to get one... hehe :D

Illusionsir
02-24-2003, 05:50 AM
well put 5.9 RT

Hollywood
02-24-2003, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

:werd:

A lot of time, effort, and especially money went into the better cars there. I think it's unfair to compare the so called three classes as they have been put into on this board however. I don't think anyone here can relate to a muscle car owner trying to track down a numbers matching 4spd tranny for his 440 powered charger, spending countless hours researching, sending letters to previous owners and dealerships. It can take years before the part is found, and can cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. IMO trying to restore a car, muscle car or otherwise, to it's original state is one of the hardest things to do to a car. Owning an import makes it a little easier since your buying all the parts new and it is essentially cut and paste when it comes to parts, of course the exterior and the interior call for a little more creativity when choosing color/graphics and a kit. Making it all flow together to represent a certian style, a reflection of the owners tastes, takes some trial and error, but for the most part the (import) cars at the show this year seemed to have it together fairly well. The hotrod is a special blend of creative design and performance from scratch. I can't really say much on this since it's mindboggling the amount of money and time that goes into building one. Just imagine designing and then building every aspect of a car. I can't, and probably never will be able to.

So, to make a long story short, you can't say that one car had any more right to be there then any other car because you don't understand how much time/money/effort when into making that car the way it is, and that doesn't just refer to looks.

My post does state that hotrods DO take longer to build and restore but what I was saying there is just as much creativity in imports than hot rods. BTW I had a 64 galaxie 500 convertible that I did some resoration on and it was much easier than working my 240, I sold my galaxy for 15,000. Working on those old engines is easy compared to my SR. And yes the hotrods there where nicer than any import there, I never said that there was'nt.

You can say that some guy looked for 6 months to find his tranny, but in respect I've been searching for my perfect turbo for over a year.

Speed_RaSiR
02-24-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Madspinner
I asked that guy how much is door conversion was and he said $6000 .I would like to do that to my car ,but thats a lot of cash,lol

What a waste of money... OMG

Speed_RaSiR
02-24-2003, 12:33 PM
List of cars I liked...

Allan's Turbo ITR
700 HP Supra!
Shadowz Lude
Civic_Rida's SiR
Lorne's B16 CRX
Teal Turbo GSR
240 With SR20DET!

Other then that just a bunch of vintage stuff and cars with 700lbs of body work :thumbsdow

special blend
02-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Illusionsir
well put 5.9 RT

AGREED!

90_Shelby
02-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
List of cars I liked...

Allan's Turbo ITR
700 HP Supra!
Shadowz Lude
Civic_Rida's SiR
Lorne's B16 CRX
Teal Turbo GSR
240 With SR20DET!

Other then that just a bunch of vintage stuff and cars with 700lbs of body work :thumbsdow

Which class do the 600+rwhp ZO6 and the Blown 383 convertible C5 fall under? Vintage? or Bodywork?

90_Shelby
02-24-2003, 04:24 PM
I also really liked the silver Turbo Gulf with big tires. NICE!

method
02-24-2003, 06:56 PM
You can say that some guy looked for 6 months to find his tranny, but in respect I've been searching for my perfect turbo for over a year.

for sure, no one is doubting your car in effort into it, but the guys who whine about how there wasnt enough imports there need to cram it. Wait for an import only show.

The orange chevelle at WOW has been in the restoration process for over 20 years, and has 120,000+ in it.

From my view, as far as the real world performance that I like, cars like hollywoods' appeal to me, but the sheer creativity behind some of those rods reserve them the top spot at car 'shows'

THREE40SEVEN
02-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby

Which class do the 600+rwhp ZO6 and the Blown 383 convertible C5 fall under? Vintage? or Bodywork?
Id have to say bodywork:nut: Corvettes are slow (poke, poke):D

Lorne@UrbanX
02-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Yo yo, this is my first reply i have ever made on my account!!
This is Lorne the one with the blue crx with the Cr4zy not needed stereo system.. Just wait like 1-2 months and you will see waht will be added to my B16a motor.. wink wink*

Chris Ng
02-24-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by sho&go CRX
This is Lorne the one with the blue crx with the Cr4zy not needed stereo system.. Just wait like 1-2 months and you will see waht will be added to my B16a motor.. wink wink*

Are you the guy who had the big NOS bottole sitting inbetween the seats and yet had no lines in the cabin to the bottle, nor any lines plumbed for it in the engine compartment?

Hmmm.. ShoNOGo....

ninjak84
02-24-2003, 09:56 PM

Good call with the rims
And I was loving the Mischief dvd in the passenger seat!:D

Hollywood
02-24-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby

ya that corvette was awesome!

rx7_turbo2
02-24-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ng

Are you the guy who had the big NOS bottole sitting inbetween the seats and yet had no lines in the cabin to the bottle, nor any lines plumbed for it in the engine compartment?

Hmmm.. ShoNOGo....

Hahaha

Ya there was alot of that.:thumbsdow

Lorne@UrbanX
02-25-2003, 01:51 AM
yeah ther was not eunnf time for me to hook up the Nos bottle, but you guys will wait and see....Allan's ideas is to hook up my nos to my intercooler, then put my turbo in so the nos will be cooling my intercooler. Dude I was rushed into putting my car into Wow. Trust me ppl think it takes like a day to do everything. Well Einstein, it takes a lot longer then you think. It took me over 6 months for me to do all i did to my car. That includes, interior, stereo, rear disc conversion, b16a swap, waiting for parts to do certains thing and there is a lot of reason that My car was not ready for world of wheels, but that is alright. Hey Chris Ng what kind of car you got?? Just wondering......Anyways I ran a 15.10 with that car!! That is not fast enuff for me, but just wait until summer time... I hope to be able to run at least 7-12 lbs of boost.. Allan HOOK ME up.....

James
02-25-2003, 07:05 AM
yeah ther was not eunnf time for me to hook up the Nos bottle, but you guys will wait and see....Allan's ideas is to hook up my nos to my intercooler, then put my turbo in so the nos will be cooling my intercooler. Dude I was rushed into putting my car into Wow. Trust me ppl think it takes like a day to do everything. Well Einstein, it takes a lot longer then you think. It took me over 6 months for me to do all i did to my car. That includes, interior, stereo, rear disc conversion, b16a swap, waiting for parts to do certains thing and there is a lot of reason that My car was not ready for world of wheels, but that is alright. Hey Chris Ng what kind of car you got?? Just wondering......Anyways I ran a 15.10 with that car!! That is not fast enuff for me, but just wait until summer time... I hope to be able to run at least 7-12 lbs of boost.. Allan HOOK ME up.....

:thumbsup:...nice car man, very well put together...I'm the Owner of the Black MR2 that Raced you a couple times at Race City when you were pullin off those low 15's....Damn was that embarrasing for me! good fun though.
:burnout:

Chris Ng
02-25-2003, 09:13 AM
I dont drive any particular car... I just comment on whar I see and don't see....

VWhooligan
02-25-2003, 09:35 AM
Anyways I ran a 15.10 with that car!! That is not fast enuff for me, but just wait until summer time... I hope to be able to run at least 7-12 lbs of boost..

15.1 aint fast enough for anyone :P

Speed_RaSiR
02-25-2003, 12:24 PM

15.1 aint fast enough for anyone :P

Thats damn fast for a CRX :thumbsup: Nice time

rx7_turbo2
02-25-2003, 12:51 PM
[B]Hey Chris Ng what kind of car you got?? Just wondering.B]

You missed the point I think.

I along with most others who go to car shows go to see completed cars. If I want to see half finished cars I can go and roam around the local shops. If the mod is not complete don't list it in your mods list, I can't remember if you did but I know others are guilty of this.

"Allans Ideas" what about your ideas? I'm not big on the whole drop the car off at a shop and throw them a wad of cash to build me a car. I would prefer to build it myself. I think a NOS mister is good idea but I don't know if you understand why.

2000impreza
02-25-2003, 01:10 PM
its not nos. its nitrous.......

LUDELVR
02-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

EXACTLY!!!! HAHAHAHA

Illusionsir
02-25-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

Sho&Go CRX is actually using the NOS system.

Lorne@UrbanX
02-25-2003, 03:26 PM
See ppl like me who have a money can just let other ppl do it for me... I like to watch what the shops do to my car.. trust me I put my sweat and some tears when I tore apart my car do do all my interior. I do the easy stuff by my self, I helped put my motor in. Dude a lot of what my car has I put my hands in there to throw a helping hand. I donlt know to much about how to install Nos and the turbo system like you mechanical boys do. I know all the basics, but I don;t know how to install them or fine tune my vechile. Dude and Chris Ng why are you such a CRAMPER, coming in here and start cussing on ppl's cars. Dude at least I have a CAr. I h8, and i use the word HATE ppl that are fukking critics of cars when they aint got one themselves. I respect all the tuners in Calgary. I know most the tuners in Calgary and I am pretty sure most the tuners know me. So to all CRITICS w/o car fukk you and go fukk yourselves. We put a lot of time and money into our cars and we all have our own taste. If you don't like it fukking keep it to your self... Owwww my Nos bottle is not hooked up.... Do i not get a fukking hero cookie for not having it hooked up...it doesn;t mean i aint gonna hook it up, it aint jsut gonna sit there and collect dust.. whatever...

Ps Rx7???? whatever your name is I didn;t have a mod list. I listed Nos Bottle. I didn't say Nitrous system....

~ends bitching
Sho&GO

THREE40SEVEN
02-25-2003, 03:36 PM
See ppl like me who have a money can just let other ppl do it for me... I like to watch what the shops do to my car.. trust me I put my sweat and some tears when I tore apart my car do do all my interior. I do the easy stuff by my self, I helped put my motor in. Dude a lot of what my car has I put my hands in there to throw a helping hand. I donlt know to much about how to install Nos and the turbo system like you mechanical boys do. I know all the basics, but I don;t know how to install them or fine tune my vechile. Dude and Chris Ng why are you such a CRAMPER, coming in here and start cussing on ppl's cars. Dude at least I have a CAr. I h8, and i use the word HATE ppl that are fukking critics of cars when they aint got one themselves. I respect all the tuners in Calgary. I know most the tuners in Calgary and I am pretty sure most the tuners know me. So to all CRITICS w/o car fukk you and go fukk yourselves. We put a lot of time and money into our cars and we all have our own taste. If you don't like it fukking keep it to your self... Owwww my Nos bottle is not hooked up.... Do i not get a fukking hero cookie for not having it hooked up...it doesn;t mean i aint gonna hook it up, it aint jsut gonna sit there and collect dust.. whatever...

Ps Rx7???? whatever your name is I didn;t have a mod list. I listed Nos Bottle. I didn't say Nitrous system....

~ends bitching
Sho&GO
So since i own a car i can make fun of yours?:dunno:
Lemme get this straight as your post isn't clear- you listed a nos(SYSTEM BRAND) bottle as a mod? Im confused.... First you say that you didnt make a mod list, but then right after you say "i listed NOS bottle". Clarify...

Lorne@UrbanX
02-25-2003, 03:41 PM
When I filled out he application for Wow they asked what I basically had for my interior. I listed nos Bottle.
When they asked for Motor Mods I listed B16a, Nitrous not hooked up... Are you fukking happy do you want a HERO cookie??/
i had no judges book I had to fill oput a application to enter my car into wow. Oh my GOD you guys are so immature... If I have a car can I make fun of your.. Since I own a Gun can I please shoot you in the HEAD!!! Does that answer you question???!!!
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

persid
02-25-2003, 03:56 PM
Maybe you should calm down a bit, flaming won't get you anywhere. You put your car up for the public to see it, not everyone will like it and even though saying something negative about it might not be great style, there's nothing wrong with criticism.

So either calm down and rationally answer questions that people might have, or don't answer them at all.

Lorne@UrbanX
02-25-2003, 04:03 PM
i aint flaming they are cussing out my NOS bottle. I am telling them what i am doing with it..
I didn't ask for any critism. I never knew ppl talked about my car on here until 95acc told me that there is some critism on my car on here.. So i like to bitch.. LOL
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

van
02-25-2003, 04:07 PM
regardless of what anyone says, I think your car is so farkin' pimp haha and hopefully my car can look good like yours one day soon =)

Lorne@UrbanX
02-25-2003, 04:09 PM
thanks dude a comment that is what i like to hear...If you need any parts stop by our shops, Impressions is where I work, Allan at Speedtech and Nick from AutoZeal. any one of us would be glad to help you!!
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

rx7_turbo2
02-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Chill out man.

You entered your car in a public show and are suprised and upset you're recieveing critisism? So your cars not my cup of tea, or others for that matter, no need to get all defensive. If you don't like the fact people will be judging your car then don't enter it in a public show, man I thought that made sense but I guess I was wrong.

Like I said before I go to shows to see finished cars. I never said you had a mod list, I said I could not remember if you did or not. Others did have a list of mods that were not done. As for the NOS vs Nitrous thing I said NOS as a generic term for the substance, next time I'll be more specific.

Now if you prefer to pay the money to have other people do the work that's fair enough I don't have that option and even if I did I would not take use, that's just me though. Lots of shops will do a better job than myself, some will do worse.

R-Audi
02-25-2003, 04:24 PM
sho&go CRX:
You fail english? Thats umpossible!
I am honestly having a hard time reading through some of these posts.

But as far as the car stuff: To each their own
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether others like it or not. Its not a big deal. So what if someone on a car forum doesn't like your car? Its YOURS, not theirs. As long as you like it, thats all that matters.

del-lude
02-25-2003, 04:36 PM
i aint flaming they are cussing out my NOS bottle. I am telling them what i am doing with it..
I didn't ask for any critism. I never knew ppl talked about my car on here until 95acc told me that there is some critism on my car on here.. So i like to bitch.. LOL
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

In my opinion, your car is tastefully done, clean looking on the outside and crazy on the inside. But with everything, there is gonna be critisism. Just ignore it and enjoy your ride for yourself and who cares what others think, you built the car for yourself and not for them....

van
02-25-2003, 04:52 PM
thanks dude a comment that is what i like to hear...If you need any parts stop by our shops, Impressions is where I work, Allan at Speedtech and Nick from AutoZeal. any one of us would be glad to help you!!
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

Cool.. be sure to stop by sometime soon.. I think my sis-in-law's friend owns AutoZeal?

Lorne@UrbanX
02-25-2003, 05:42 PM
taht is waht i said. EVERYONE has there own taste........
i just don;t like critic.. I say fukk them all.....i entered the car show to win some plaques .. oh yeah i got second place for Import Tunerz.. and 1st place for best interior.... um yeah
I hate critics. plain and simple.... I hate mustangs, but I don;t criticize them. It's their pride and joy.. Why criticize it right!!>>>??? Whatever......ppl are STOOOOOOPID who agrees/???
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

TypeRgurl
02-25-2003, 05:57 PM
Props to sho&go for a good looking car. so what if you don't like his car don't go fukken saying shit about it. a lot of hard work and money was put into that car and sho&go himself has put some sweat and hard work into it too...I've been a witness...so don't go dissin a nice car!! Boi-alien didn't get to show off his car and some ppl would have probably disliked that one too...who gives a fuk keep it to yourself.

Ppl take pride in their cars!! wouldn't you if it looked like this!!!

Lorne@UrbanX
02-25-2003, 06:02 PM
thanks for the backup typeRgirl...
I will take you and Pat out for dinner.. My treat... Lol
oh yeah all the ideas for my car are mine... just had a little helps from friends.....so WHAT???? Blow me!
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

max_boost
02-25-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by del-lude
But with everything, there is gonna be critisism. Just ignore it and enjoy your ride for yourself and who cares what others think, you built the car for yourself and not for them.... :werd: :werd: :werd:

Just relax people!

Lorne@UrbanX
02-25-2003, 06:08 PM
sure sure whatever.. that is not the way I take care of business.....
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

Illusionsir
02-25-2003, 06:09 PM
i agree with everyone but the haterz, sho&go CRX did a great job on his CRX lots of time and money and now it looks and goes the way he wants it to. Flaming his car isnt going to make anyone think your cooler..

Good job on the car lourne, it looked wicked at WOW.

Lorne@UrbanX
02-25-2003, 06:11 PM
thanks illsir. that is short for me aights... anywasy Lorne is spelt liek that, but is's all good/....
~end bitching
Sho&Go

max_boost
02-25-2003, 06:23 PM
Whether it is construtive criticism or not, if every car owner freaks out because his car is being talked about, god knows what all the car forums would be like.....

So best bet is to stick to a forum where your car dominates the board, then chances are, everything you do to your car will be considered "PIMP" lol

How do you think the Hyundai, Cavalier, Sunfire, Domestic owners feel on the board? They get cussed out on a daily basis......lol

Hollywood
02-25-2003, 06:26 PM
.. If i have a Gun can I please shoot you in the HEAD!!! Does that answer you question???!!!
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

Hollywood steps in.....

Man with that statement you have gone too far!! Your a newbie and your threatning people on this forum????

People might be doggin ya because when you are in a show it's kinda cheezy to put in mods that you do not have working, I realize you were busy getting ready I was the same. It's kinda a faux paux (not sure if I spelt that right) to do that kind of thing in a show, thus you will open yourself to these types of attacks. So really it's your fault these people are posting what they have seen. If you think about it if you never would have put the bottles in not hooked up this would not have happened.

But it does not bother me what so ever if you do the work yourself or not, I don't know why this is an issue.

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
Chill out man.

You entered your car in a public show and are suprised and upset you're recieveing critisism? So your cars not my cup of tea, or others for that matter, no need to get all defensive. If you don't like the fact people will be judging your car then don't enter it in a public show, man I thought that made sense but I guess I was wrong.

Like I said before I go to shows to see finished cars. I never said you had a mod list, I said I could not remember if you did or not. Others did have a list of mods that were not done.

Yup, I agree with RX-7 on this.

shadowz
02-25-2003, 06:27 PM
Plain and simple Lorne and everyone else has put lots of time into their cars, same with all the domestic guys, I have lots of respect for both parties. Those who hate waste their time. Just like Type R gurl said we put lots of time and money into our rides, and we are not going to build a car to your liking and some of us didnt have us didnt have enough time to finish, but its alright, we put an effort and thats what should count, meh thats my opinion.

2000impreza
02-25-2003, 06:28 PM
i'm sure we've all been in that situation one time or another. like when i wanted to get a ricer wing for my car everyone cussed me out......... hahaha. and i still want to get one :rofl:

Lorne@UrbanX
02-25-2003, 06:35 PM
~end bitching
Sho&Go