PDA

View Full Version : My Civic = PWN3D today at the University (Stolen gear)

Weapon_R
11-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Somewhere between 9:00am and 4:00pm today at the University, someone decided that they liked my stereo system more than I and decided to take it.

In the process, they managed to break off my window visor, scratch the roof of the car, damage the interior, and steal
several things from the car.

When I got there, I noticed that the gas cap was open and think i know what had happened. I think that the fucks broke my visor to get at the window, opened the door and thought the gas release was the trunk release.

Anyways, interior is all messed up, they threw everything around (including my floor mats for reasons unknown). They managed to leave deep scratches on my roof, likely from placing the deck on there before making off with everything and removing it in a panic. They were able to disable my alarm siren.

Anyways, its a long shot, but if anyone sees the products below shoot me an anonymous PM. I have the boxes and serial #s if needed. I'm not going to file a claim, simply because I can probably get a good deck from the marketplace for a few dollars and much less than my deductible

Parts stolen (pics not of actual items, but close enough to identify):

Pioneer DEH-P80MP MP3 stereo
10" 2005 Kicker Comp VR subwoofer with sealed box
Power Inverter (no pics, I don't remember the model #)

They also jacked the little pocket in the dash where you can store a wallet or other small things.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/6981/6981322_sa.jpg
http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/4f/eb/65_1_b.JPG

$500 REWARD TO ANYONE WHO HELPS ME FIND OUT WHO DID IT

snow_daniel
11-22-2005, 06:07 PM
OMG....thats a bad news man.....
sorry to hear it
I will keep my eye on it

lastprodigy
11-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Fucking sucks, if it was me I would rather they jsut take the whole car

Ekliptix
11-22-2005, 06:09 PM
That blows dude. Nice deck too.
I'll keep my eye out for that stuff.

I think we should do a group buy on these:
http://www.wieland-security.de/Equipment/Weapons/auto-tazer.jpg

Dooms_Bane
11-22-2005, 06:11 PM
fuck man... everyones stealing systems/cars from teh university parking lot...
they need to like beef up the security there... your paying crap loads to park there and stuff still goes wrong... wtf...

man... and thats a damn nice system to.

Geeman
11-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Any alarm?

3G
11-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Geeman
Any alarm?

Originally posted by Weapon_R
They were able to disable my alarm siren.

[/B]

grocko
11-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss man, whereabouts where you parked at the University?

Weapon_R
11-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Scurfield

PGTze
11-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Wow right in the middle of the day too, that's brutal :guns:

dodad
11-22-2005, 06:33 PM
West edmonton mall used to sell electric clubs....those things were brutal.

Weapon_R
11-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by PGTze
Wow right in the middle of the day too, that's brutal :guns:

That's what messes with my head. Very busy parking lot, in the middle of daylight, and nothing stopped these guys.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Man, that's fucking brutal. :banghead:

Edit: "brutal" does seem to be a popular word in this thread... :rofl:

nismodrifter
11-22-2005, 06:35 PM
This shit is f'd up and the whole U of C parking jack m0ves going on is just insane.

dkny_stylez
11-22-2005, 06:35 PM
sorry to hear man

Karma always wins in the end.

ricosuave
11-22-2005, 06:36 PM
pricks should hung up by their balls

7thgenvic
11-22-2005, 06:39 PM
fuck im sorry to hear that! and when my civic got broken into last year it was pretty much the same deal! plain day light in lot 32! YOU reallly hvae to watch where you park!

i see nice cars parked out the outsides of that lot and i just quiver when i drive by, NEVVVER park on the outside of that lot

NEVER, always park and wait for a good close spot,

Team_Mclaren
11-22-2005, 08:14 PM
HOLY FUCK another one!!!

sorry to hear, my car is still there right now... kinda makes me wanna run over there and check if its ok.

frozenrice
11-22-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if there is a bigger picture to all this crap that's been happening at the U. I'm thinking it's the same group of people involved in all this.

Thaco
11-22-2005, 08:20 PM
if you're not goign to file a claim at lease call the cops and give them a reort including all serial numbers, that way if these idiots ever try to pawn the stuff you'll get it back, that happened to me, someone ripped of my $40 deck, i reported the serial to the cops, they called me 2 days later, the idiot pawned it at cash converters like 3 blocks from my house 2 hours after i had reported it

Bill Cosby
11-22-2005, 08:21 PM
sorry to hear about that weapon.. ill make sure no one is placing those items in the bargainfinder...

WWJAI
11-22-2005, 08:25 PM
^yah sounds like it....and they have one thing in common...they like Civic HB's

nismodrifter
11-22-2005, 08:45 PM
This is messed up. From another thread...

someone's after all the hatches....:eek:

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

hopefully you wont be next...

Really need to setup the bait car to own the would be pwnerz.

403Gemini
11-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
This is messed up. From another thread...

Really need to setup the bait car to own the would be pwnerz.

haha 6 beyond members sitting 50 feet away with baseball bats keeping a watchful eye haha

the beyond ninja's attack!!!!!! ;)

sorry to hear the bad luck weapon_r :( that really blows

One8Evo
11-22-2005, 09:11 PM
r civics easy to break into or something?
i've seen like so many of these threads on here about civics and the UC parking
maybe the security has something to do with it haha
or there just useless
but im pretty sure one of those guys that are stealing that stuff are reading these forums
so about the bait car thing pm it haha
remember to pm me
alwayz be there;)

A_3
11-22-2005, 11:38 PM
O.K. this is getting stupid. My buddies car got hit for the second time in as many weeks at Mcmahon today. We think the thieves got scared away because they cut his alarm wire but never actually broke into the car. Something seriously needs to be done about these thieves, they keep hitting the same types of cars in the same area's, one well place bait care and bam! we got the theives terrorizing the U of C.

DonJuan
11-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

haha 6 beyond members sitting 50 feet away with baseball bats keeping a watchful eye haha
the beyond ninja's attack!!!!!! ;)
sorry to hear the bad luck weapon_r :( that really blows
Isn't 50 feet a little far? How about 5? I don't wanna run too much...

Khalil.e
11-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Dont they have cameras near scurf though?

arian_ma
11-23-2005, 12:20 AM
The UofC needs to fucking step up
What is this? The 10th car this year?
That is complete BS.

steelo
11-23-2005, 12:22 AM
That sucks man - I'll bet it was someone on Beyond.

DelSoln
11-23-2005, 12:39 AM
I'd be worried that someone from U of C is on the inside. Maybe a younger security guard. He/she would know where the cars are parked and would have time to scout out things like nice stereo equipment and mods. They would also have time to see your daily routine over a week and plan the best time for all this crap.

dj_honda
11-23-2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by DelSoln
I'd be worried that someone from U of C is on the inside. Maybe a younger security guard. He/she would know where the cars are parked and would have time to scout out things like nice stereo equipment and mods. They would also have time to see your daily routine over a week and plan the best time for all this crap.

Me and a few friends were discussing this last month. I think this is probably the case because its insane how many cars are being stolen from there without there EVER being any witnesses at least from what I hear on beyond and from fellow students.

403Gemini
11-23-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by DonJuan

Isn't 50 feet a little far? How about 5? I don't wanna run too much...

a true ninja can cover 50 ft in 1 step ;)

NightRyder
11-23-2005, 01:34 AM
its not just civics, and not just UofC... same deal with my teg about a month ago from MRC...

in broad daylight too!! busy parking lot, between 2 and 4pm but apparently no witnesses? Man, my sub box was the size of my freakin trunk, how does nobody see that shit?

bloody thieves :banghead: :banghead: :guns:

Gondi Stylez
11-23-2005, 01:41 AM
:guns:

SoSlowDx
11-23-2005, 01:47 AM
sorry to hear that man:guns:

Weapon_R
11-23-2005, 01:52 AM
It's not that people don't see, it's that they don't care. They broke my visor and threw it about 15 feet from the car. They also flung all of my floormats and books all over the place. They went through my door pockets etc and looked in there, and I don't believe that no one saw what was going on.

Mosquito_R
11-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by DelSoln

If this is the case, and there is reason to suspect it due to the number of jacked Hondas in the past few months, I think it's time to bring in media attention.

I think it would be good to contact local TV stations and get them to do an "awareness" spot on the evening news, similar to certain community residents concerned about people speeding in front of their lawns, etc. I think this would be a good theft deterrent.

I'm sick and tired of hearing people getting their stuff/cars jacked in broad daylight. U of C better smarten up or get rid of the rotten apple within your parking/security groups. And install some bloody cameras instead of doing stupid renos! Better yet, stop printing the Gauntlet and OnCampus; nobody reads them anyway!

It's not that people don't see, it's that they don't care. They broke my visor and threw it about 15 feet from the car. They also flung all of my floormats and books all over the place. They went through my door pockets etc and looked in there, and I don't believe that no one saw what was going on.

And yes,if you do see something going on, pick up the phone and report it!! Most people (on Beyond anyway) got cell phones and aren't afraid to use them, so if you see something weird happen, do something! I know for a fact that Campus Security actually responds because I called in a medical emergency before and they came quite quickly.

Weapon_R, I feel sorry for you man.

Weapon_R
11-23-2005, 01:57 AM
U of C warns that they are not responsible for thefts or damage incurred. This is bullshit, because the University has become a good recruitment camp for thieves.

The one camera they have per parking lot (which never faces the direction you park at, for some strange reason
:rolleyes: ) needs to be expanded so that each parking lot has some real surveillence.

Mosquito_R
11-23-2005, 02:07 AM
Exactly. The token camera ain't worth much... they seem to catch all the indecent exposure cases though! While legally they can't take liability for your car or what's inside it, it is their job to provide adequate security services. They obviously aren't! Then why the heck is tuition going up like nuts? There's increased class sizes, crowding, more parking issues, what's wrong with the picture?

Oh... may I suggest alternate parking at Brentwood and using your UPass... would that be a safer option? I suppose security is better there as it appears that some non-transit users who park there get owned regularly with tickets on their windshields.

Z24_3.1.
11-23-2005, 02:16 AM
i think its the ppl that let u park like the guys that sit there u know what im talkin about? or they let there buddys go in and get shit out i saywe for real go and have a bait car weapon bro sorry to hear

ex1z7
11-23-2005, 02:43 AM
they broke your window to get in.. or.. how'd it happen? Can't you fingerprint anything?

every couple days there seems to be another "stolen :" thread.. I really do think there needs to be some survelence put out by some Beyonders - how many times have people said "Beyond Tac Squad" or "Super Ultra Ninja Beyond Tactical Team of Ninja's" or whatever.. Alot of people here have digital camera's which can take video's - theres also a few around who have video camera's, and everyone has a cell phone nowadays .. Set up something over a week and let it get hit..

Advertise stereo equipment on the window or something so they know theres something worth stealing.. Then have 3 or 4 diff cars parked around that you can jump out of and /bam/ baseball bat to the knees.

And proceed to stick face on the cat converter =)

Sorry to hear Weap.. =(

philipoo
11-23-2005, 06:05 AM
It's time for everyone to buy a small camera and stuff it ontop of your ceiling :) Sorry to hear that man, so much theft in such little time, almost seems like vancouver :( but yea, cameras work like charms!@@:whipped:

/////AMG
11-23-2005, 06:23 AM
Sorry to man but it was coming to someone on here sooner or later. Hope you get it sorte dout.

No doubt that they browse the forums aswell.

DonJuan
11-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Mosquito_R
Better yet, stop printing the Gauntlet and OnCampus; nobody reads them anyway!
Obviously your an avid OUTLOOKS reader.:rofl: J/K

Seriously though, parking at brentwood is worse, #1 parking ticket ownings, and #2 walking when its -30. That bridge is the coldest place on earth. The only solution it seems is to drive sumthin crappy... the U isn't gonna do anything about it, except charge more for parking. Does that one camera even record? I bet all it's used for is thong spotting.

Mosquito_R
11-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Of course I didn't mean to just park the car at Brentwood then walk to school. I meant using the UPass and taking the train one stop to University so you're a legit CTrain customer. If I were a student and have a UPass, I won't feel bad utilizing it this way. Yeah, it's fricken cold around that area, but for somewhat better security and huge savings in parking fees, it's worth it IMO.

The camera is probably used only for thong or indecent exposure spottings.

BTW, that's OUTLOOKS? I only read beyond.ca for the latest news! :thumbsup:

khtm
11-23-2005, 10:41 AM
What the heck is wrong with U of C...I parked my old Accord around UVic for 5 years and never had any problems...and I could break into it myself just by pulling the windows down.

Man the Uni Admin needs to do something about the break-ins/thefts. That's pathetic that they just turn a shoulder.

403Gemini
11-23-2005, 12:37 PM
I suppose thats one of the joys of driving a saturn, ive left my wallet in my car over night about... 100 times, my laptop sitting in plain view in the passenger seat a couple times while at school, few other things, and never had my car touched.

why do i want a honda again?

so weapon_r, any leads? need the beyond.ca ninja tac team? lol

statick
11-23-2005, 01:20 PM
sorry to hear about this man...hope you get it sorted.

if there is a stake out or nethng of any kind...i'm down.

AcuraTl
11-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by statick
sorry to hear about this man...hope you get it sorted.

if there is a stake out or nethng of any kind...i'm down.

^ lol werd

shit my car is parked at lot 11 right now...fuckin pisses me off, they rape us with these parking fees and offer no protection :( this is like the 5th guy this year on beyond alone? brentwood has better protection and if i come before 8am i usually park there or at dalhousie...but after that its IMPOSSIBLE to find parking :(

streetarab
11-23-2005, 02:46 PM
finally, theres an upside to owning a pile of shit :thumbsup: :clap:

R-Audi
11-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Instead of trying to take Street Justice, why doesnt somone compile a list/amount of cars with location that has been broken into and send a mass email to everyone you know??. You can do the same with flyers around campus.
The more people that are aware of the problem, the more likely it is going to be fixed, or someone will see. If more people bring it to securities/teachers/boardmembers attention, the more likely that something will happen

frostyda9
11-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by ex1z7
they broke your window to get in.. or.. how'd it happen? Can't you fingerprint anything?

Cops can't be bothered to print cars unless the car is suspected to be one in a string of thefts, or used temporarily in part of a more serious crime. Sad, but true.

Sorry about your luck Weapon_R, unfortunately most of us know what it's like :(

Weapon_R
11-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Cops don't care man. I called them and they told me it would be a 20 min - 5 hr wait for one to respond. I said fuck it and just went to the station and filled out the report with the serials and all the info I could provide. I'm not counting on their help for anything.

AcuraTl
11-23-2005, 07:33 PM
wow suprised u have all the serial #'s!

arian_ma
11-23-2005, 07:40 PM
WHo's down for going to UofC admin and protesting?
I'm sure if 40-50 people show up they will give it some attention...no?

Police
11-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
WHo's down for going to UofC admin and protesting?
I'm sure if 40-50 people show up they will give it some attention...no?

i'm actually down for some face smashing anytime, pm me if anything is going on.:devil:

403Gemini
11-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Police

i'm actually down for some face smashing anytime, pm me if anything is going on.:devil:

im pretty sure thats not what adrian meant.... lol