PDA

View Full Version : wtb: ipod video 60gb

theken
11-22-2005, 08:31 PM
im looking to buy a brand new ipod video 60 gb in black for my lady, im looking for not 499.99 from best buy or futureshop, does anybody anywhere where they are cheaper, i dont wanna spend that much for christmas, im kinda cheap, and she wont buy me anything good

eblend
11-22-2005, 10:09 PM
those things have about 20 dollar markup on em, so you won't see it any cheaper anywhere soon

philipoo
11-23-2005, 07:01 AM
my girlfriend just got an ipod video 30gb two weeks ago and we couldn't figure out how to put videos inside, everything else is fine, (music, photos) It also kept on saying we needed Quicktime PRO... which is retarded if we only were able to put video files by paying 1.50$ per video.. -.-" just rumours though

eblend
11-23-2005, 10:28 AM
to put videos on an ipod video u need latest itunes, as for the files themselves yah they need to be converted to ipod friendly quicktime format and quicktime pro does that but i am sure there is another way thats free

sputnik
11-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Not going to find a video iPod for much cheaper than retail.

- They are the newest generation
- They have almost no markup
- They were just recently released
- People dont sell them unless they are upgrading to something newer.
- Dont be such a cheapass
- Do you really think your girlfriend wants a used iPod because you couldnt step up and pay the extra $50 for a new one?

Thaco
11-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Not going to find a video iPod for much cheaper than retail.

- They are the newest generation
- They have almost no markup
- They were just recently released
- People dont sell them unless they are upgrading to something newer.
- Do you really think your girlfriend wants a used iPod because you couldnt step up and pay the extra $50 for a new one?
- when you are buying gifts dont just think about what that person is going to give you in return, AKA dont be a dick.

Barlow
11-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

- when you are buying gifts dont just think about what that person is going to give you in return, AKA dont be a dick.

i ahve to disagree, if iknow the person I'm buying for only has 50 bones to spend on me I'm not spending more then 75 on them.... you might as well just burn yourself.

lint
11-23-2005, 04:23 PM
$475 with education discount at the apple store. Bout as good as it gets brand new. Free shipping and engraving.

There might be a problem if she wants a $500 present and won't get you anything good in return...

And what's wrong with the 30gb version if you don't want to spend the cash?

theken
11-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by theken
im looking to buy a brand new ipod

Originally posted by lint
$
There might be a problem if she wants a $500 present and won't get you anything good in return...

And what's wrong with the 30gb version if you don't want to spend the cash?

i am looking for new not used sputnik. i have a few unexpected bills and dont have all the money in the world, my car reapir bill for my winter beater is 1500 bucks which he did the work without giving me a quote, a failing to stop at a stop sign and a handicapped zone without permit (delivery related, loading zone and handicap zone real close and real small, half in loading half in handi got a ticket)

i am thinking i am getting a 30gb just to lighten the load on the wallet

QuasarCav
11-23-2005, 10:37 PM

Why would you be such a dick when he is just trying to save some cash on an already expensive item?

You do see a few ipods for sale in the forums but not alot of 60G videos. I would suggest looking in the bargain finder for an unopened one or step down to a lower model for alot cheaper.

Amnesia
11-25-2005, 10:02 AM
You will never find an iPod at a lower price anywhere. Apple set the prices on them.... If a store is caught selling an iPod cheaper than its RRP on the Apple website, Apple can refuse to supply them!

Thaco
11-25-2005, 07:15 PM
there is a used 30gb video on usedcalgary.com for like $350... killer price if you dont mind it used. (if he has the packaging you can clean it up with some plastic polish and she'll never know the difference. or you can go the dishonest rout and take it back to apple claiming a defective batter or somethign else that they cant verify instantly...)