PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 Suckers

Pages : [1] 2

Toms-SC
11-22-2005, 09:14 PM
For those of you who don't know what I am talking about check out the 'For Sale' section here and on eBay.

With that being said I am able to conclude the world is full of morons who will pay anything to be 'the first' to own something. 2 to 3 thousand dollars were if you wait two weeks it will be $600 retail! But I can't possibly wait up to a month! :rolleyes:

Another thing, you nerds camping out for a system, pre-order it you fools.

Conclusion: Order 3 PS3 and start bids at $1500 each to take advantage of the fools on this planet.

/rant

camaro
11-22-2005, 09:19 PM
I was going to do this but hanging around the walmart at midnight with a bunch of video game nerds I was not willing to do.

lastprodigy
11-22-2005, 09:22 PM
^ If thats you in your sig I would call you a hypocrite.

Toms-SC
11-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by camaro
I was going to do this but hanging around the walmart at midnight with a bunch of video game nerds I was not willing to do.

Preorder three systems so all you have to do is walk in and pick them up.

I figured another way to take advantage of these assholes. Have a draw, $50 a ticket @ 100 tickets = $5000

camaro
11-22-2005, 09:24 PM
so what if that's me? Its not like I actually look like that everyday. That's the money shot pose :thumbsup:

lastprodigy
11-22-2005, 09:25 PM
I guess you match your car pretty well...

Word to the 360 losers though

camaro
11-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Preorder three systems so all you have to do is walk in and pick them up.

Yea but I didn't have 1500 bucks kicking around haha... nevertheless its a good idea. Hopefully PS3 will have a shortage.

Toms-SC
11-22-2005, 09:36 PM
5K for an xbox, good deal!

You sucker (http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-PLATINUM-Package-W-Bonus_W0QQitemZ8235999391QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

djayz
11-22-2005, 09:40 PM
its just hype i bet you half the people that bought the system after a month or so will be selling their USED systems for a lower price

mods should put a sticky so no one can CURB their sealed 360 on beyond

szw
11-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by djayz

Why?

Toms-SC
11-22-2005, 09:43 PM

Have you been to the For Sale section yet?
:eek:

djayz
11-22-2005, 09:43 PM
so there isnt members ripping off members
go sell it on ebay or the bargain finder

theres already 2 fs threads that are double the retail price here on beyond

Toms-SC
11-22-2005, 09:46 PM

theres already 2 fs threads that are double the retail price here on beyond

Yup :thumbsup: Nice and greasy

l8braker
11-22-2005, 09:48 PM
:werd: just as bad as the tools who camped out for months to see the star wars movie :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
11-22-2005, 09:50 PM
We've already gone through this.

Marking up an XBOX unit that is highly in demand is not illegal. Scalping tickets is. This does not make it right or appropriate, but if someone is desperate for one and is willing to pay that much, then by all means props to the seller.

The real idiots are the buyers who pay that much for a unit. It all comes down to supply and demand.

Toms-SC
11-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

The real idiots are the buyers who pay that much for a unit. It all comes down to supply and demand.

I might even consider getting beyond ad-space for my scheme :thumbsup:

SpeedStar
11-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Check it out.... $10100 for an xbox 360

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Game-console_W0QQitemZ8236196285QQcategoryZ62054QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OMG!
:banghead:

hondafetish
11-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Earlier today there was an ebay auction for a lot of 100 Xbox 360's starting at $40,000 USD. That's $400 per unit. You want to talk about an easy way to double your money in days? Show me an investment that will do the same.

I really wish that I had preordered 3-4 units months ago and cashed in on the demand. I sincerely hope that the same happens with the PS3.

If people are willing to pay, why not cash in ?

7thgenvic
11-22-2005, 11:11 PM
this is exactly the same as when the PS2 came out
I sold mine the NEXT day for 600US

DJ Lazy
11-22-2005, 11:12 PM
:zzz: Who gives a fuck... :zzz:

googe
11-22-2005, 11:17 PM
haha, toms-sc is such a crybaby :cry:

QuasarCav
11-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

:werd:

However, If I had an Xbox 360 for some odd reason I would sell it for the most money I could. Ebay makes it easy because you dont have to look at the sucker in the eyes.

eb0i
11-22-2005, 11:22 PM
damn, there were so many at the electronics store I was at (around 5pm). I should have bought one to get in on this!

googe
11-22-2005, 11:48 PM
i find that hard to believe, what store was that? they must have been cores...

Lexxan
11-22-2005, 11:51 PM
lol the bottom line is people who buy them now to resell them are bums and should get real jobs.

natejj
11-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Kudos to those who are smart, and bought them to resell them! Way to make some easy cash. :thumbsup:

Lexxan
11-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by natejj
Kudos to those who are smart, and bought them to resell them! Way to make some easy cash. :thumbsup:

yea they're called bottom feeders

BebeAphrodite
11-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Lexxan
lol the bottom line is people who buy them now to resell them are bums and should get real jobs.

Or they're people who know how to turn a quick profit. That doesn't make them a bum, most likely they already have jobs to be able to front $500.

QuasarCav
11-23-2005, 12:01 AM

yea they're called bottom feeders

Fuck that!

Millions of people make their daily living from reselling things when it is profitable. It's how you get rich.

If you had a 1987 Chevy Cavalier and a movie came out where the car was featured would you not take advantage and sell it while it's hot?

szw
11-23-2005, 12:03 AM
I guess people who buy property to sell at a higher price later on are also bottom feeders?

stevieo
11-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

I might even consider getting beyond ad-space for my scheme :thumbsup:

then fucking do it and shut the fuck up.

camaro
11-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by stevieo

damn stevieo that was pretty harsh

stevieo
11-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by camaro

damn stevieo that was pretty harsh :goflames: :goflames:

meh

camaro
11-23-2005, 12:16 AM
haha

DannyO
11-23-2005, 01:10 AM

I do, I seriously want to take advantage of these idiots and turn over some money.

If anyone knows anywhere that still have these consoles, let me know, as I will buy 3-4 of them.

Zephyr
11-23-2005, 01:13 AM
When PS3 is gonna be out I'm gonna preorder. Then I'm gonna turn around and resale it. Don't have time for games but I do have time to make a quick buck. A buddy of mine bought two PS2 on the day it came out, turned around sold it to a mom that would pay anything for one to give to her son. Ended up selling it for 2k US and kept the other one for himself.

DJ Lazy
11-23-2005, 01:22 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

Toms-SC
11-23-2005, 09:17 AM

Are you done? Good

Toms-SC
11-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by googe
haha, toms-sc is such a crybaby :cry:

Sorry, what am I crying about again?

Toms-SC
11-23-2005, 09:25 AM
e-thug alert! :rofl:

Oh wait! Now I get it.

'got it today. sealed, unopened, proof of purchase included.
premium version.

asking $1500. somewhat open to offers.

dont flame the price, cant blame a guy for trying. car dealers do it all the time. when something new is in high demand, they adjust for what people are willing to pay

if it doesnt sell at that price ill just keep it. no big deal!
'

googe's FS Thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109871)

googe
11-23-2005, 09:32 AM
yeah, youre exposing that like it isnt public and all of beyond hasnt seen it already?:confused:

DJ Lazy
11-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Tom, give it up already... :rolleyes:

khtm
Originally posted by hondafetish
Earlier today there was an ebay auction for a lot of 100 Xbox 360's starting at $40,000 USD. That's $400 per unit. You want to talk about an easy way to double your money in days? Show me an investment that will do the same.

I really wish that I had preordered 3-4 units months ago and cashed in on the demand. I sincerely hope that the same happens with the PS3.

If people are willing to pay, why not cash in ? Yeah and I'm sure the 100 360s went for only $40,000... :rolleyes:

Toms-SC
Originally posted by DannyO

I do, I seriously want to take advantage of these idiots and turn over some money.

If anyone knows anywhere that still have these consoles, let me know, as I will buy 3-4 of them.

Danny the problem is getting the units retail right now, you can't! Going to have to wait for the PS3. Make sure you get your pre-order in so you don't have to stand with the nerds over night.

Xtrema
11-23-2005, 09:55 AM
MS knows what they are doing. There are millions of these crap boxes in their warehouse ready for Christmas. How else can you buy free publicity with $10K ebay auctions and all the talks on these forums.

BTW, reports are coming in that games crashes and there are defective hardware.

I do admit I do envy the oppertunist making thousands on Ebay and such. But to me, the Xbox is worth may be $200, not $500. Console games are mostly lame and I probably won't get one til someone cracked it and do something else with it.

Toms-SC
11-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
MS knows what they are doing. There are millions of these crap boxes in their warehouse ready for Christmas. How else can you buy free publicity with $10K ebay auctions and all the talks on these forums.

BTW, reports are coming in that games crashes and there are defective hardware.

I do admit I do envy the oppertunist making thousands on Ebay and such. But to me, the Xbox is worth may be $200, not $500. Console games are mostly lame and I probably won't get one til someone cracked it and do something else with it.

Its Microsoft. I'll wait for a patch over to Linux :)
I never thought of the publicity thing.

Audio_Rookie
11-23-2005, 10:05 AM
If someone is willing to pay that much for an x-box then I say buy and sell to those idiots. I really would have got one if I knew I could turn over that much profit....

Well, lesson learned....

heavyD
11-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Console games are mostly lame and I probably won't get one til someone cracked it and do something else with it.

That is a lame statement. I prefer console games over PC games as really the PC only shines for FPS, Strategy, & MMOG. Sports, action, adventure, even some FPS games are all superior on consoles. Games like Shadow of the Colossas, God of War, Ninja Gaiden are some of the best games to come out ever and you won't find them on a PC where as even the PC's best games like Half Life 2 are available on consoles. You can say you prefer PC games but to say that console games are lame is ignorant.

stevieo
11-23-2005, 10:51 AM
you think just cause you preorder some shit you get it?

and for someone who looks like one of the faggoty fucks from n sync, i wouldn't be the one to make fun of guys who wait in line for a video game.

Toms-SC
11-23-2005, 10:58 AM

and for someone who looks like one of the faggoty fucks from n sync, i wouldn't be the one to make fun of guys who wait in line for a video game.

Just a little cranky that you waited in the Wal-Mart line up and didn't get your system?

tictactoe2004
11-23-2005, 10:59 AM

Call me what you want asshole. I didnt camp out, I have a real job, I make great money... I'm also the proud owner of _6_ XBOX 360's. I knew this was going to happen so I decided to take advantage of it. If you have a problem with me or the other people that are doing this I suggest you sit on a flag pole and spin... Either that or at least let me play the worlds smallest violin for you.

heavyD
11-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004

Call me what you want asshole. I didnt camp out, I have a real job, I make great money... I'm also the proud owner of _6_ XBOX 360's. I knew this was going to happen so I decided to take advantage of it. If you have a problem with me or the other people that are doing this I suggest you sit on a flag pole and spin... Either that or at least let me play the worlds smallest violin for you.

Business is business but tell me what is most people's opinion on scalpers? They are the greasy guys waiting outside the Saddledome asking for double or more the value of tickets. Most people consider them greasy bottomfeeders. What you are doing is the same. Are you a greasy guy? I don't know but what you are doing is greasy IMO.

Chester
11-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Anybody know when the Sony store is taking preorders for PS3?

Thaco
11-23-2005, 11:10 AM
lol, buy low sell high = bottom feeder... haha, i gues the entire economy revolves around bottom feeders... ever heard of the stock market?

tictactoe2004
11-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Chester
Anybody know when the Sony store is taking preorders for PS3?

:D I'll PM you when I get a lead heheheheh

edit - Don't forget a smart person can still get them no problem on release date. I didnt pre order, didnt camp out, didnt wait in a line for more than 10 minutes and ended up getting 6... just gotta play your cards right.

yeerj
11-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Can't believe how quickly the price dropped on eBay. Some of the Premium consoles are already selling for $500CAD - $800CAD.

I guess those people who paid 1000 - 2000 got ripped.

Pihsiak
11-23-2005, 11:14 AM
To think ppl thought I was price gouging when i sold my 360 for 800 bucks....

And no I did not camp out in front of Best buys.. I got there at 6, they handed out tickets at 7:00 for 40 premiums and said the doors would open at 8am.
Then I went back to my car in had some coffee at Tim Hortons.

With a big name store like Best Buy, when you order somthing, you do get it. Unless the shipment has been delayed
I went back at 8:30pm to pick up the performance plan and the couple next to me were pickup up their preorder.

I don;t think they would be selling any units over the counter until they filled up their preorder list.

googe
11-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Pihsiak
To think ppl thought I was price gouging when i sold my 360 for 800 bucks....

And no I did not camp out in front of Best buys.. I got there at 6, they handed out tickets at 7:00 for 40 premiums and said the doors would open at 8am.
Then I went back to my car in had some coffee at Tim Hortons.

With a big name store like Best Buy, when you order somthing, you do get it. Unless the shipment has been delayed
I went back at 8:30pm to pick up the performance plan and the couple next to me were pickup up their preorder.

I don;t think they would be selling any units over the counter until they filled up their preorder list.

actually best buy capped at 20 preorders. they didnt allow any after that.

people with EB preorders still dont have theirs and some wont until 2006.

googe
11-23-2005, 11:17 AM

:D I'll PM you when I get a lead heheheheh

edit - Don't forget a smart person can still get them no problem on release date. I didnt pre order, didnt camp out, didnt wait in a line for more than 10 minutes and ended up getting 6... just gotta play your cards right.

what store had no line?

heavyD
11-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
lol, buy low sell high = bottom feeder... haha, i gues the entire economy revolves around bottom feeders... ever heard of the stock market?

Selling consumer goods well above the msrp is not how the stock market revolves. You obviously heard about the stock market, you just don't know how it works.:rolleyes:

Ben
11-23-2005, 11:28 AM
So much hate and anger in this thread.

Talk about people who are one or more of the following:

a) on welfare and cant afford the systems, so they insult those who can.
b) upset that they didn't come up with the idea of "buying to flip".
c) already upset about their life in an unrelated mannor, but use this thread as a way to vent.
d) dont understand the elementary concept of supply and demand.
e) Waited in line and got the shaft.
f) didn't preorder, but expect to pay the same.

I mean how can ANYONE be upset at people making a smart business move on a low risk, high return, quick turnaround investment?

If people are willing to pay, why not take advantage of it.

Low Supply, High demand, price goes up. We witnessed this all summer with our massive fuel price increases. We see it all the time with people trying to sell their POS beat up 3000 dollar Skylines for 10 grand. It's a fact of life on commodities trading, coffee, sugar cane, gold, soft wood, labor shortages, water, the list is endless, Get the net.

Turning to personal attacks and insults because someone decided to ride microsofts money train is far more retarded and "scum of the earth" like, than inflating the price to reflect demand. Sure, it may not be all that kind, but thats the perks of a market economy. Why sell it for retail when you've got a line up up people willing and able to justify the inflated cost.

And the most important issue at hand... :whocares: ... In what way does them selling these xboxes for more than retail affect you? Does it add an extra hour onto your work day? Does it give your kids cancer? Does it cause extreme bowel constipation leaving you unable to mve, lying dorment on your couch? How does some auction on ebay or a car forum impact the way you live your life whatsoever. Who cares, there's people that are willing to pay, it may seem illogical and stupid, but what difference does it make. Dont like price gouging? Wait in line like everyone else, or be on the ball next time around. Stop trying to vent your own dis-satisfaction with your own shortcomings onto those who decided a long time ago to capitalize on a sure thing.

Boo Fucking Hoo!

:drama: :whocares: :rolleyes: :cry: :cry: :cry:

heavyD
11-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Ben

c) already upset about their life in an unrelated mannor, but use this thread as a way to vent.

I mean how can ANYONE be upset at people making a smart business move on a low risk, high return, quick turnaround investment?

Low Supply, High demand, price goes up. We witnessed this all summer with our massive fuel price increases. We see it all the time with people trying to sell their POS beat up 3000 dollar Skylines for 10 grand. It's a fact of life on commodities trading, coffee, sugar cane, gold, soft wood, labor shortages, water, the list is endless, Get the net.

Turning to personal attacks and insults because someone decided to ride microsofts money train is far more retarded and "scum of the earth" like, than inflating the price to reflect demand. Sure, it may not be all that kind, but thats the perks of a market economy. Why sell it for retail when you've got a line up up people willing and able to justify the inflated cost.

And the most important issue at hand... :whocares: ... In what way does them selling these xboxes for more than retail affect you? Does it add an extra hour onto your work day? Does it give your kids cancer? Does it cause extreme bowel constipation leaving you unable to mve, lying dorment on your couch? How does some auction on ebay or a car forum impact the way you live your life whatsoever. Who cares, there's people that are willing to pay, it may seem illogical and stupid, but what difference does it make. Dont like price gouging? Wait in line like everyone else, or be on the ball next time around. Stop trying to vent your own dis-satisfaction with your own shortcomings onto those who decided a long time ago to capitalize on a sure thing.

Boo Fucking Hoo!

The idiot of the day award goes to ..... DA DA.:rolleyes:

5hift
11-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
^ If thats you in your sig I would call you a hypocrite.

:rofl:

googe
11-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

here we have bens case in point :thumbsup:

brandon
11-23-2005, 11:39 AM

You are a fucking tool! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

stevieo
Originally posted by Ben

Boo Fucking Hoo!

hate me or whatever, but which one of the a-f are you ben?

heavyD

here we have bens case in point :thumbsup:

There are two sides for every argument but he stated the most "hateful" & "angered" post in the thread. That's why he's an idiot.

heavyD
11-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by brandon

You are a fucking tool! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sticks and stones.:rolleyes:

brandon
11-23-2005, 11:44 AM

Sticks and stones.:rolleyes:

Coming from the largest dickhead Ethug on this site?

O.K. :rolleyes:

tictactoe2004
11-23-2005, 11:44 AM

what store had no line?

i cant give out all my secrets... the same place that will get the PS3's and have no line. :)

Ben
11-23-2005, 11:46 AM

There are two sides for every argument but he stated the most "hateful" & "angered" post in the thread. That's why he's an idiot.

Yeah, the truth hurts sometimes.

tictactoe2004
11-23-2005, 11:46 AM

Business is business but tell me what is most people's opinion on scalpers? They are the greasy guys waiting outside the Saddledome asking for double or more the value of tickets. Most people consider them greasy bottomfeeders. What you are doing is the same. Are you a greasy guy? I don't know but what you are doing is greasy IMO.

Well, #1... Scalping tickets is different. That is for an event where you can buy tickets, then go to the event, and stand outside asking for more money that you paid. There is not only one place in the world to get an Xbox360... #2 I'm not standing on a corner yelling "Xbox's $1000, Come and get em" I'm have a few places where they're being "advertised" and thats it.

2000_SI
11-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Boo Fucking Hoo!

Good post... I couldnt agree more...

finboy
11-23-2005, 11:48 AM
wow, can't believe how many beyond regulars are PMS'ing in this thread, simmer down boys its only a game console :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

with that said, when is the ps2 out and when can i pre-order 4 of them? :rofl:

googe
11-23-2005, 11:48 AM

i cant give out all my secrets... the same place that will get the PS3's and have no line. :)

not looking for secrets, just having doubts that somewhere had no line and no per customer limit and 6 unclaimed xboxes :)

or were they just cores?

tictactoe2004
11-23-2005, 11:49 AM

not looking for secrets, just having doubts that somewhere had no line and no per customer limit and 6 unclaimed xboxes :)

I brought a friend with me, we each bought 2 from 3 different stores. One place had them for sale till almost 11AM :)

I got both cores and premiums

Ben
11-23-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by finboy
wow, can't believe how many beyond regulars are PMS'ing in this thread, simmer down boys its only a game console :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

THATS EXACTLY MY POINT!!!

hahahaha :whocares: :whocares: :whocares:

People seem so bent on calling people capitalizing on the situation bottom feeders and all this stuff, but what difference does it make, it's not like anyone works for the "Coalition Against The Inflated Pricing of Xboxes After First Release".

googe
11-23-2005, 11:51 AM

I brought a friend with me, we each bought 2 from 3 different stores. One place had them for sale till almost 11AM :)

I got both cores and premiums

uh, so you got 12 between the 2 of you?

Toms-SC
11-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Ben

THATS EXACTLY MY POINT!!!

hahahaha

:D A console some people are willing to pay big bucks for! Paaanic

heavyD
11-23-2005, 11:55 AM

Coming from the largest dickhead Ethug on this site?

O.K. :rolleyes:

Check my posts. I am civil. I don't call anyone "dickheads" just because I don't agree with them. Am I an Ethug? Maybe, maybe not. Ben's post was hypocrytical that's why he's the "idiot of the day" to make such a long winded post and like that about other peoples "shortcomings". Time for Ben to take a look in the mirror. If you look at what I said to the one seller, I said I thought what he was doing was greasy but stopped short of calling him greasy because it takes less thought and brains to fire off low brow insults like yourself. I argue my point without resorting to name calling unlike yourself. You are calling me names, I'm not calling you names. Who's the real Ethug?:rolleyes:

tictactoe2004
11-23-2005, 11:56 AM

uh, so you got 12 between the 2 of you?

lol, sorry I didnt get my starbucks this morning and had a busy day yesterday. We both went to the same 3 stores and each bought one.... He couldnt afford one, so I bought all 6.

heavyD
11-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Yeah, the truth hurts sometimes.

Yes it does. We agree on something.:thumbsup:

Ben
11-23-2005, 11:59 AM

Yes it does. We agree on something.:thumbsup:

Outstanding!:thumbsup:

As for my reply...

I sat back and watched 2 sides bicker back and fourth, back and fourth, and nothing coming out of it other than name calling and hate.

So, I stepped in, posted a big long rational, logical, factual, reply on what's really going on here, in order to simplfy what exactly it is you people are complaining about. I mean can you honestly tell me that I'm wrong, and that what I said is NOT true, and that people charging more than MSRP is not a result of hype and S&D? That these high prices for resold x-boxes are actually causing people pain and personal anguish other than that caused by them feeling mad at themselves for not doing the same?

I dont see this being the case.

It's like our marketplace rules. Dont like the price, leave it, if there is no interest, the thread will die, or the price will fall to reflect that. Obviously there's people willing to pay, even though you doubted that would be the case in that one x-box thread.

Such is life.

Toms-SC
11-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Outstanding!:thumbsup:

:rofl:

/////AMG
11-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by finboy

with that said, when is the ps2 out and when can i pre-order 4 of them? :rofl:

I think it was 5 years ago? :dunno: :rofl: :rofl:

PS. IBTL

brandon
11-23-2005, 12:03 PM

Check my posts. I am civil. I don't call anyone "dickheads" just because I don't agree with them. Am I an Ethug? Maybe, maybe not. Ben's post was hypocrytical that's why he's the "idiot of the day" to make such a long winded post and like that about other peoples "shortcomings". Time for Ben to take a look in the mirror. If you look at what I said to the one seller, I said I thought what he was doing was greasy but stopped short of calling him greasy because it takes less thought and brains to fire off low brow insults like yourself. I argue my point without resorting to name calling unlike yourself. You are calling me names, I'm not calling you names. Who's the real Ethug?:rolleyes:

I resorted to calling you a dickhead ethug because maybe, just maybe it might get through to you. In any thread that you have posted in all I get is that your a grumpy old man with nothing better to do then complain. If you read the comments on this thread it is to not get so over worked about a damn game console. Like Ben had posted, does people selling thier Xbox360's not make you sleep at night?

What the hell does it matter to you what they sell.

tictactoe2004
11-23-2005, 12:07 PM

Are you a greasy guy? I don't know but what you are doing is greasy IMO.

Call me what you want, but damn i sleep good on my brand new craftmatic that those xbox's bought me :D

Xtrema
11-23-2005, 12:17 PM

That is a lame statement. I prefer console games over PC games as really the PC only shines for FPS, Strategy, & MMOG. Sports, action, adventure, even some FPS games are all superior on consoles. Games like Shadow of the Colossas, God of War, Ninja Gaiden are some of the best games to come out ever and you won't find them on a PC where as even the PC's best games like Half Life 2 are available on consoles. You can say you prefer PC games but to say that console games are lame is ignorant.

I'll give you sports games but I played Ninja Gaiden and got bored after the 1st boss.

I havn't been addicted to any console games like I do with PC games. The last console game that actually played for hours is FFVII.

max_boost
11-23-2005, 12:18 PM
WTF?!!

Buy low, sell high is greasy? haha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can't believe you guys are bitching and whining about a game console. :cry:

tictactoe2004
11-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
WTF?!!

Buy low, sell high is greasy? haha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can't believe you guys are bitching and whining about a game console. :cry:

DJ Lazy
11-23-2005, 02:24 PM
So can I come on Beyond.ca when the next huge concert sells out of tickets and I am sitting at home with 4 of them and decide,

"Hey, Supply and Demand Baby!!! I'm gonna sell my tickets off for 2-3x the face value because its sold out and no one can get tickets anymore"...

That is the ONLY thing I see in this thread that doesn't make sense... People selling there Xbox's for 2-3x as much because there are none available right now and its being aloud, where as tickets for a concert or hockey game are outlawed... :dunno:

I don't care that someone is taking advantage of some dumbass that wants to pay the stupid prices (more power to them), I just think the same rules should apply in the Beyond Marketplace that apply to scalping tickets?

**This post is directed at the mods, not you bickering users**

Ben
11-23-2005, 02:25 PM
So can I come on Beyond.ca when the next huge concert sells out of tickets and I am sitting at home with 4 of them and decide,

"Hey, Supply and Demand Baby!!! I'm gonna sell my tickets off for 2-3x the face value because its sold out and no one can get tickets anymore"...

That is the ONLY thing I see in this thread that doesn't make sense... People selling there Xbox's for 2-3x as much because there are none available right now and its being aloud, where as tickets for a concert or hockey game are outlawed... :dunno:

I don't care that someone is taking advantage of some dumbass that wants to pay the stupid prices (more power to them), I just think the same rules should apply in the Beyond Marketplace that apply to scalping tickets?

Incase you missed it, scalping of event tickets is illegal....for the umpteenth time. :rolleyes:

brandon
11-23-2005, 02:26 PM

There is a difference, Scalping tickets is illegal!

Selling xbox's higher then msrp is not.

Talies R
11-23-2005, 02:29 PM
coles notes for the 92 posts above this one??

DJ Lazy
11-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Incase you missed it, scalping of event tickets is illegal....for the umpteenth time. :rolleyes:

Thanks Ben. I know that, but honestly, You have to admit this is the exact same thing as scalping off tickets. Its just not in the rule book of what is and isn't illegal in todays society. Anyways, Just pointing it out the similarity. ;)

Ben
11-23-2005, 02:38 PM

Thanks Ben. I know that, but honestly, You have to admit this is the exact same thing as scalping off tickets. Its just not in the rule book of what is and isn't illegal in todays society. Anyways, Just pointing it out the similarity. ;)

I understand that, I think We've all peiced together the similarity, however the fact of the matter is that one is deemed illegal by law, and one is not, no matter how similar it may seem.

Sucks, and it may be looked at as unfair, but hey, thems the brakes, lifes not fair. :goflames:

BerserkerCatSplat
11-23-2005, 02:47 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20051123l.jpg

Off topic, but I figured this thread could use some lightening up after all the bickering.

heavyD
11-23-2005, 02:50 PM
There is a difference, Scalping tickets is illegal!

Selling xbox's higher then msrp is not.

This thread has run its course. We have two sides of different opions. Some think its not ethical while the others realize that it isn't illegal and if people are stupid enough to pay that kind of money then why not take the money. I admit to getting a bit excited but now realize that it's really not worth it as people will do what they want to do.

I'm not upset because I didn't get one (mine is on the way) I just feel sorry for the lower income earners that maybe work for minimum wage that had to save for months just to get something they really want and being told they are sold out and to many just to flip it for profit. Those people are the biggest losers because they can't afford the artificial pricing so they end up with nothing. Rich people that won't even bat an eye at paying 200% or more get what they want which is why you see the crazy pricing on ebay. Rich people always get what they want. They don't care if we call them stupid for overpaying because they end up getting what they want. In this society the rich always get what they want.

DJ Lazy
11-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Sucks, and it may be looked at as unfair, but hey, thems the brakes, lifes not fair. :goflames:

And you know I wasn't trying to start an arguement with you Ben. :angel: I just had the itch to ask (and bored at work).. :rofl:

Ben
11-23-2005, 02:54 PM

This thread has run its course. We have two sides of different opions. Some think its not ethical while the others realize that it isn't illegal and if people are stupid enough to pay that kind of money then why not take the money. I admit to getting a bit excited but now realize that it's really not worth it as people will do what they want to do.

I'm not upset because I didn't get one (mine is on the way) I just feel sorry for the lower income earners that maybe work for minimum wage that had to save for months just to get something they really want and being told they are sold out and to many just to flip it for profit. Those people are the biggest losers because they can't afford the artificial pricing so they end up with nothing. Rich people that won't even bat an eye at paying 200% or more get what they want which is why you see the crazy pricing on ebay. Rich people always get what they want. They don't care if we call them stupid for overpaying because they end up getting what they want. In this society the rich always get what they want.

Pretty much. Life in the Free Market Economy.