dooman24
11-22-2005, 09:28 PM
ok..
i thought of this...
it might work
but i don't know...
simple plan
all we need is a cell phone and CPS coop

i know most people have old used fido or rogers phones around not doing anything
lets put them into use
register them as pay as you go or something and get like a 10$ card

set the phone as auto answer
stick it under the dash or something hide it very well
once the car's stolen or gone
call it..
the phone auto answers
and then all we need is the cps to trace it and get the car back and bust them in action

and for battery
wire a car charger to the car and just leave the phone plugged and keep it charged
i mean like it's a simple plan that'll work
I THINK

lastprodigy
11-22-2005, 09:31 PM
good idea, but there are better ways of doing it...like some sort of tracking device.....but you cant just do it like that...it would have to be a bait car

dooman24
11-22-2005, 09:34 PM
lol my car got broken into twice in less then 3 months
haha
haven't driven it since..
all i gotta go is play some subs loud again
park it somewher ein my neighbourhood and itll be gone again probably
mine was gone 2 days i installed my subs

Kobe
11-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
good idea, but there are better ways of doing it...like some sort of tracking device.....but you cant just do it like that...it would have to be a bait car

i remember watching videos of bait cars, anyone have the link...
was fucken halarious

Nova316
11-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Doesnt GPS do the same thing?
But its really expensive if im not mistaken

Oh man bait cars movies are funny as hell :D
someone should repost that

BerserkerCatSplat
11-22-2005, 09:37 PM
http://baitcar.com/videos

I just love the looks on their faces.

Dooms_Bane
11-22-2005, 09:38 PM
sounds good.. only problem is.. i bet he'd serach the damn car and find the cell phone when he stole the car.

dooman24
11-22-2005, 09:40 PM
all they want is the deck
after market parts
speakers
subs
why would they reach their hand somewhere like behind the passenger air bags to look for something
hwo would they know there's a cell phone there

unless you call.. set hte phone on speakers
and SCREAM you're busted FUCKERS
then they'll look for something LOL

AllGoNoShow
11-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Probably is tracking a cell phone. Don't know if CPS can do that accuratly enough.

3G
11-22-2005, 09:54 PM
or we set up a bait car @ UofC, like something flashy, wait in a nearby van with tinted windows, then all run out and curb stomp the scum :D

l8braker
11-22-2005, 09:58 PM
^ :werd: they need to set up a few bait cars around the uni campus

Phy
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Do we not have Lojack in Calgary? Or is it obsolete or something?

pyro
11-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by 3G
or we set up a bait car @ UofC, like something flashy, wait in a nearby van with tinted windows, then all run out and curb stomp the scum :D

haha thats a great idea:thumbsup:

AllGoNoShow
11-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Lojack?

spike98
11-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Viper has addon moduals for there alarms that does something like lojack. The CPS should be able to trace a cell within a few feet from the original signal BUT i doubt they would do it for something as low profile as a car theft. Now if it was a kidnapped girl or something then it would be easy as pie.....hmmmmm thinking about naming my car little sarah

ME: "911....OH MY GOD....LITTLE SARAH.....GONE!!!! SHE HAS MY CELLPHONE AND THERE IS ACTIVE CALL......ALL I HEAR IS DRIVING..."

911: "OMG we will trace that cellphone right away"

Is it illegal to refer to your car as little sarah?

dooman24
11-22-2005, 11:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
you're not reall lying to them.. lol

Phy
11-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Lojack. (http://www.lojack.com/what/index.cfm)

Edit: Checked their site, guess it's U.S. only. Boomerang appears to offer a similar service but I don't think they operate in Calgary yet.

rage2
11-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by dooman24
the phone auto answers
and then all we need is the cps to trace it and get the car back
Watching too many CSI's ;). Triangulation is not that accurate. Some phones have built in GPS but not cheap ones. And not sure if network supports it or not.

AllGoNoShow
11-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Easiest way is just to sit outside and watch the car, wait till someone who isnt supposed to be in it goes and opens the door, sits inside it, then when 10 guys all of the sudden appear all around the window, he gives up fairly quickly if he is smart.

QuasarCav
11-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Easiest way is just to sit outside and watch the car, wait till someone who isnt supposed to be in it goes and opens the door, sits inside it, then when 10 guys all of the sudden appear all around the window, he gives up fairly quickly if he is smart.

And while doing this the smart theives would ignore a heat bag car and steal your Civic hatchback.

infected
11-23-2005, 12:05 AM
I can just feel them on here reading this post as we speak...

Sharpie
11-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by infected
I can just feel them on here reading this post as we speak...
:werd:

We might have to start using code words....

AllGoNoShow
11-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

And while doing this the smart theives would ignore a heat bag car and steal your Civic hatchback.

Yah cause I drive a civic hatchback...

DannyO
11-23-2005, 01:00 AM
I say we do the steakout thing, we don't have the power of the Cops, but if we rushed the thieves and then beat them with clubs, if you hit them in the head enough times, they won't remember who did it, but it would make them think twice about stealing a car, I'll can do the beatings, I got an anger problem, just need to take it out on someone.

DC2
11-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by DannyO
I'll can do the beatings, I got an anger problem, just need to take it out on someone.

:rofl: :rofl: hahaha.. i think stake out is the best idea.
and MAYBE we can get away by calling 911 and telling them little sarah is gone. but im sure they'll ask for more info.
height: 4'3"
weight: 2529 lbs.

Hash_man
11-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Take it to one of the news companies or something like CFCN... I bet theyd help get a bait car going... you just have to get support from someone like that to get things underway, if the cops obviously arent doing a whole lot.

AllGoNoShow
11-23-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by DC2

:rofl: :rofl: hahaha.. i think stake out is the best idea.
and MAYBE we can get away by calling 911 and telling them little sarah is gone. but im sure they'll ask for more info.
height: 4'3"
weight: 2529 lbs.

BAHAH, i wonder what they would say to that :P

Z24_3.1.
11-23-2005, 01:34 AM
didnt read this all but i think we should put someones nice ass car with windows down and just wait for someone to come and take it follow them and kick the shit out of the punks then go to the cops?

Z24_3.1.
11-23-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by DannyO
I got an anger problem, just need to take it out on someone.

lol i got the same problem we can join as a team hhahahah and bash these guys :D

frostyda9
11-23-2005, 07:03 PM
You don't think that a bling car, just sitting there with the doors unlocked and windows down is going to seem slightly too good to be true for a thief? I like some of the ideas in this thread, but I have to wonder...if members do come up with any sort of creative plan, will it not be foiled just by being posted here, on a public forum? :dunno:

AllGoNoShow
11-23-2005, 07:44 PM
frostyda most of the talk on here is all just hypothetical, just like when people say they are going to goto the meets, how many actually go :P

Its all just sling around in the air right now.

JordanEG6
11-23-2005, 08:05 PM
wow, did i miss this thread?! hahhaa good idea dooman. :rofl:
i seriously need something OTHER than an alarm to prevent my car from getting jacked........for the third time. :guns:

dooman24
11-23-2005, 08:14 PM
HAHA i'm on my second time to..
didn't drive my baby since..
still fixing it up

CalgarySupra
11-24-2005, 07:10 PM
the problem even if u did that rogers /fido have a third world type network , your phone probably wouldnt have service.

Thats where telus Mike phones or aGPS(coming soon) will work or bell mobility has aGPS out. Same for verizon (coming soon)

lastprodigy
11-24-2005, 09:20 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that at least some of he recent thefts are people who at least read and/or are member on here. Simply because anyoe who knows anything about cars or imports would undoubtedly knwo about this site!