PDA

View Full Version : partial songs on ipod (nano)

hjr
11-23-2005, 12:19 AM
so i have a nano. its pretty shnazzy and all that. kinda hyped, but meh. anyways, ive been having an odd odd problem with it. It seems that random songs only get partially transfered to the nano. at first it didnt do it at all, then one song, and today i ran across 2 songs in my list that stopped more than a minute before the song was done. Its pretty anoying to get into a track and all of a sudden its over half way or so though. And if its getting worse i want to find out whats going on here. its less than a month old.

has anyone else had this problem with their ipod or nano specifically, and if so, how do i stop it?

Davetronz
11-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Have you tried updating to the latest firmware version, and version of ITunes?
Are you sure the songs are good and not "corrupt" tracks?
Have you tried transferring songs from another computer?

Pee_Sack
11-23-2005, 10:12 AM
are these purchased songs from itunes?

if they were "found" somewhere else, then you might be SOL

do they play fully on your computer?

need more info dood

hjr
11-23-2005, 10:57 AM
I have the latest verson of itunes, and as for firmware on the ipod i dont know how to reflash it. as for the songs, no i dont buy my songs. they work on my computer and they normally work on the ipod. the songs that are partial transfers have changed each time i update the songs on the ipod. They intially all worked, then on was cut down, then a different one, now a pair of different ones, and the ones cut down before it are no longer cut down.

GTS Jeff
11-23-2005, 12:12 PM
So you actually got one eh? Upgrade the firmware as people have mentioned...

Digital_7
11-23-2005, 12:39 PM
FIRMWARE upgrade is simple... just go here http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/
and d/l the lastest software.. Run it on your computer and follow the step by step, and presto. New firmware

hjr
11-24-2005, 11:21 AM
cool, so i did that, but i already have the most current firmware.

hjr
11-25-2005, 10:24 AM
well i fully reset the ipod, and reloaded all the songs. well its still doing it, though on different songs again. is this an ipod flaw, or an itunes flaw?

hjr
11-28-2005, 05:12 PM
well, i exchanged it for a new one. Its charging up right now.