PDA

View Full Version : Help with Compustar Alarm/Starter

Jynx
11-23-2005, 07:18 PM
I recently purchased a car which has a compustar alarm/starter and was wondering if their is any way to make the alarm more sensitive as well as change what each button does?

Also i would like to know if its possible to have both doors unlock when i disarm the car as oposed to just the drivers door?

arian_ma
11-23-2005, 07:43 PM
I think if you want to open both doors just press the open door button twice, don't know about compustar though

rc2002
11-23-2005, 08:25 PM
The shock sensor has a dial you can turn to make it more sensitive.

Buttons are hard programmed in. You can't change what any of them do. It should be easy to have both doors unlock - you probably just need to splice both unlock wires. Most cars usually only have one though.

DR.Gonzo
11-23-2005, 11:27 PM
what vehicle?

Jynx
11-24-2005, 02:45 AM
Sorry guys i dont know much about cars
what the hell is a shock sensor
its an 01 Prelude SE

Jynx
11-24-2005, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
I think if you want to open both doors just press the open door button twice, don't know about compustar though

Wish it was that easy.

rc2002
11-24-2005, 09:28 AM
On those 5th gen Preludes there's only one unlock wire. Both doors should be unlocking. The door that doesn't unlock - does it work when you use the power lock switch that's actually on the door? Maybe the fuse is blown?

The shock sensor is a small black box that's connected to the brain. There should be a sensitivity dial that you can turn on it. It says "shock sensor" right on it.

Jynx
11-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
On those 5th gen Preludes there's only one unlock wire. Both doors should be unlocking. The door that doesn't unlock - does it work when you use the power lock switch that's actually on the door? Maybe the fuse is blown?

The shock sensor is a small black box that's connected to the brain. There should be a sensitivity dial that you can turn on it. It says "shock sensor" right on it.

Yes the door does unlock when i use the power lock switch..

Any idea where this black box or brain is located?

Is it under the hood?

stevieo
11-24-2005, 03:08 PM
check your steering column

Mar
12-10-2005, 10:49 PM
My 2005 Civic has priority unlock on the factory keyfob but when I had the Compustar hooked up it unlocks both at once and I was told there was no other way to do it with the Compustar.

ninspeed
12-10-2005, 10:57 PM
compustar has the alarm from the factory to have once 0.8 sec pulse for door unlock.. you can change this to have 2 pulses, or one long pulse though the programing mode... check your manual, or visit their website to get the instructions.. (should be the 2 pulse mode to unlock both doors)

Strugari
12-13-2005, 07:52 AM
You would have to wire the driver door lock actuator (2 relays) to the unlock wire of the Compustar, then the "2nd unlock wire" would hook up to your unlock wire in the car.
Then you have to change the programming of the unit.