PDA

View Full Version : Where to go to fix a bad haircut ... for a dog.

BebeAphrodite
11-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Okay, so the dog was looking a bit scruffy to me so I took the scissors to him to trim his fur a bit but then he started moving.
I started getting carried away and now his fur is broken. His fur takes a while to grow back.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a GOOD groomer who could fix this home made hair disaster? I don't want him to look any mangier than I have already made him.
It doesn't even look like my dog anymore.

http://members.shaw.ca/ladylovely/vixenkato.jpg
Dog in his former glory.

-edit-
http://members.shaw.ca/ladylovely/katohair.jpg
Kato missing his mane (see jagged hair cut)

EK 2.0
11-23-2005, 09:52 PM
poor Kato...:(

three33
11-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Mrs Beesley's Puppy Parlor
380 Canyonmeadows Drive Southeast 2106, Calgary, AB T2J7C3

(403) 278-2444

The best dog groomer in Calgary, IMO, I hope you can get your dogs hair fixed! Oh and don't feel bad, I once took a human hair shaver to our dog, and she had a bald spot on top of her head, and we couldn't fix that,lol.

tsi_neal
11-23-2005, 10:08 PM
the real question is who cuts their dogs hair in the first place...

(disclaimer: no i dont know you or your dog, and its merely a personal oppinion with no offence and some humor intended)

BerserkerCatSplat
11-23-2005, 10:16 PM
We've got the "before" image, where's the "After" one? :D

BebeAphrodite
11-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by tsi_neal

(disclaimer: no i dont know you or your dog, and its merely a personal oppinion with no offence and some humor intended)
I wasn't trying to give him a hair cut, he had this scruffy peice hanging off of the side of his head and I've trimmed that particular peice before so he looks round. You're not supposed to cut this breed's hair but I like him sort of rounded. But today he kept moving and moving and I tried to cut it well but then it was too late and I kept trying to even it out on both sides.. OooOo my.. my poor dog.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
We've got the "before" image, where's the "After" one? :D
It's too embarassing, he's got jagged peices all over his head ...

BebeAphrodite
11-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by three33
Mrs Beesley's Puppy Parlor
380 Canyonmeadows Drive Southeast 2106, Calgary, AB T2J7C3

(403) 278-2444

The best dog groomer in Calgary, IMO, I hope you can get your dogs hair fixed! Oh and don't feel bad, I once took a human hair shaver to our dog, and she had a bald spot on top of her head, and we couldn't fix that,lol.

Who do I ask for?

benyl
11-23-2005, 11:58 PM
HAHAHAHHA.

Do it yourself gone wrong.

Poor dog.

Hash_man
11-24-2005, 12:17 AM

Lol my family... my dad built a grooming table and we have only taken our dog to the groomers a couple times, they usually do a shit job.

Now, BebeAphrodite dont feel bad, i'm sure your dog doesnt look half as bad as mine did when she got into a bush full of burs, her face was covered, and the fact that she has hair instead of fur and doesnt shed sure didnt help.... Vet had to put her under and then shave her face/head hahah.

BebeAphrodite
11-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man

Lol my family... my dad built a grooming table and we have only taken our dog to the groomers a couple times, they usually do a shit job.

Now, BebeAphrodite dont feel bad, i'm sure your dog doesnt look half as bad as mine did when she got into a bush full of burs, her face was covered, and the fact that she has hair instead of fur and doesnt shed sure didnt help.... Vet had to put her under and then shave her face/head hahah.

he he he, oo my goodness, that musta looked silly, what breed is it?
Kato's hair takes about 2 months to grow back to normal length. He had the area under his neck completely shaved as well as one arm for surgery. Two weeks after, he ate my sim card and had to return to the vet where they shaved his other arm. So Kato ran around for 2 months with no fur under his neck and two bare arms.
Now his head is smaller than the rest of his body and he looks obese w/ jagged fur ...

dan_szymanski
11-24-2005, 12:49 AM
a barber

Lo)2enz0
11-24-2005, 01:03 AM
bring your dog to the girls in edgemont by superstore

my dog gets groomed every week there and they always do an awsome job

its called Kaynine country or something like that

treg50
11-24-2005, 02:44 PM
lol from picture perfect dog (your avatar) to mangy-mutt. Don't mess with nature, look what happened to New Orleans... and now your dog.

rockym20
11-25-2005, 09:55 AM
My wife is a dog groomer and has worked for quite a few different shops in the city. She has her own shop now, but only takes on her regular clients, so I won't try to get you to come to her shop. Based on her experience, I would definitely recommend Spiffy Dogs (Shannon is the owner), at 7742 Elbow Dr. SW. Its in the strip mall that is a few blocks south of Glenmore Trail on Elbow. While the shop itself is nothing special, she's an awesome groomer and a really nice lady.

BebeAphrodite
11-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by rockym20
My wife is a dog groomer and has worked for quite a few different shops in the city. She has her own shop now, but only takes on her regular clients, so I won't try to get you to come to her shop. Based on her experience, I would definitely recommend Spiffy Dogs (Shannon is the owner), at 7742 Elbow Dr. SW. Its in the strip mall that is a few blocks south of Glenmore Trail on Elbow. While the shop itself is nothing special, she's an awesome groomer and a really nice lady.

So should I get Shannon to fix Kato's fur? This place is much closer to me than the Canon Meadows location.
I dont want it any worse than it is now, hehe.

Rockski
11-25-2005, 03:50 PM
howabout one of those dog sweaters... and for the head..... ummm im sure you can find a dog touque some where

D. Dub
11-25-2005, 05:28 PM
There was a place on Bow Trail westbound called Doggie Style and they were supposed to be good!!!

:D

eb0i
11-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Hah girls and their dogs. They never seem to just let the dogs be dogs. Poor dog(s).

Hash_man
11-25-2005, 05:44 PM
he he he, oo my goodness, that musta looked silly, what breed is it?

Haha ya it was pretty funny... She's a soft coated weaton terrior.

cycosis
11-26-2005, 01:07 PM
lets see some after shots!

Zephyr
11-26-2005, 11:24 PM
hope your dog turns out well!

BebeAphrodite
11-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Updated top post w/ Kato image.

t-im
11-27-2005, 07:20 PM
ahh your dog is so cute regardless!!!!!!!!

ricefarmer
11-27-2005, 07:26 PM
hahaha, leave the dog alone, looks fine, the new doo gives him... character
:D

BerserkerCatSplat
11-27-2005, 07:34 PM
I think it looks OK! :D

rockym20
11-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

So should I get Shannon to fix Kato's fur? This place is much closer to me than the Canon Meadows location.
I dont want it any worse than it is now, hehe.

Definitely. You won't go wrong by her.