PDA

View Full Version : CFL finals

calgarygts
11-24-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm a little dissapointed nobody has started this thread yet....not really surprized though as all the calgary fans are pretty silent about it after being beat out by the eskimos.

So who are you cheering for and who's going to win? I say eskimos take it with Ricky Ray starting and actually finishing an entire game.

~Leah~
11-24-2005, 01:01 PM
I disagree... I hate both teams, but I think the Esks can do it, but they won't keep Ray in for the whole game, he hasn't been able to do much for his team lately. I think Maas is the go to man for this game. The only reason I want the Esks to win is to keep the cup in the west and because the Alouettes shitkicked my Riders last week. But I do hate both teams.

Also, the only reason I'm into this game much is because it happens to be played on my birthday, so I just wanted an excuse to have people over, get drunk and watch football to celebrate. hahaha

khtm
11-24-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm going to the Grey Cup but I really wanted BC (or Calgary) to be in it...

Gonna kinda suck having to root for a team I don't really like.

Dave P
11-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Esks will take it, but what the fuck is ray doing as starting qb? he hasnt thrown a td in 2 months. stupid cockfag

Thaco
11-24-2005, 01:36 PM
:goflames:

DelSoln
11-24-2005, 01:44 PM
The cup is coming home where it belongs. :D Hopefully Ray can prove that he deserves to be the highest paid player in the CFL without Maas coming in like a closer or else there will be some tough decisions during the off season.

gonefishing
11-24-2005, 01:48 PM
my prediction:

Edmonton 30

Montreal 24

GO ESK'S GO

duffspec
11-24-2005, 01:50 PM
:goflames: X2

Foz
11-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Isn't it obvious who I'm rooting for?? :D

I'm not sure what Danny Maciocia sees in starting Ray when it's obvious he hasn't performed well.

This is the GREY CUP final game we're talking about.

I'd personally rather see Jason Maas take control as he's already shown in the 2 crucial playoff games against Calgary and B.C.

Speaking of no interest, it was difficult for my friends and I finding a place in town that actually broadcasted the CFL playoffs (once the Stamps got punted) in pubs, bars and restaurants.

We drove around to several different places and they were all showing NFL games and bowling. WTF! :dunno: Finally found a Boston Pizza that did show it on their screens.

No wonder CFL is having problems with support in their league. Hell, I still watch the playoffs when the Esks aren't even in it. Same goes for the Oilers.

Eskimos and Alouettes matched each other in the finals twice already back to back season of 2002/2003.

Both won a cup. This will be the tiebreaker for that showdown.

It'd be interesting seeing Maas bringing a Grey Cup victory and then heading off to Hamiliton next season.

FINAL PREDICTION: EDMONTON ESKIMOS 2005 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS.

calgarygts
11-24-2005, 02:45 PM
I don't know why you're all so harsh towards ray right now - did you watch the last game? He had a great first half getting the eskimos to a 21-3 lead at half time. He was having some problems in the third quarter but you also have to look at what his team is doing for him, which at the time wasn't much. Maas did pull it off but a big part of that was the team actually getting into a position where he could have the throws to make.
I don't think it's a terrible idea to have Ray start, now we'll just see if I'm eating my words on sunday:)

2000_SI
11-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by khtm
I'm going to the Grey Cup but I really wanted BC (or Calgary) to be in it...

Gonna kinda suck having to root for a team I don't really like.
:werd:
Im going as well, and I was hoping that wouldnt have to cheer for the eskies.... but hell...anything is better than Montreal

calgarygts
11-24-2005, 02:51 PM
hahahaha, I love this hatred of the eastern teams! At least we can all agree on one thing!

Foz
11-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Can't wait to see Montford sack Calvillo!!!

Montford's on a tear. He had a great game against the Lions last week.

abyss
11-25-2005, 01:16 PM
GO ESKIES! I don't think putting Ray in to start is a bad idea, I think Maas works the best under pressure, so wait until things get messy before throwing him in. I say Eskimos take the cup.

Foz
11-26-2005, 02:46 AM
Wish I was in Vancouver now.. gearing up for the big game.

It's sold out; not surprised...otherwise I'd be packing my bags for a weekend trip!

Foz
11-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Edmonton party room is da bomb!

Foz
11-27-2005, 12:06 PM
BUMP for GREY CUP DAY!!

Let's go ESKIMOS!

:bigpimp: :D
:clap:
:thumbsup:

SneakyNeek
11-27-2005, 08:34 PM
OMG WUT an amazing gAMMMMME!!!!

SneakyNeek
11-27-2005, 08:48 PM
WEEEEEE ARRRE THE CHAMPIONNNS MAAA FRIIEEENNDSSS

heinz256
11-27-2005, 08:51 PM
wow, that has gotta be the best grey cup final i have ever seen in a long time.

Foz
11-27-2005, 09:12 PM
AWESOME!!! WHAT A GAME!!

YES BABY.. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!! ESKIMOS RULES!!

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Man, going into OT,everyone is on their edge of the seat.

Game would have been over in the 4th, when 2 Eskimos couldn't pick off the juggling ball.

But in OT and the rest of the game, Ray delivered. :thumbsup:

Calvillo with the 2 pass play?!?! :dunno:

Great game!! Alston with the big play in OT sacked Calvillo!!

AWESOME!!

ESKIMOS # 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: