PDA

View Full Version : Need some wheel info for my Acura?

Rembrant
02-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Hello Folks,
I'm want to buy a set of alloys for my '98 Acura 2.3 CL, but I'm not sure what the rim width, and or offset and backspacing is? It now has the factory 16" alloys on it, but they need to be refinished, so I want to just keep those for the winter tires and find a new set for my summers. Does anybody know what the measurements are? Or where I can find them without pulling a wheel off the car and actually measuring it.
I could also be interested in buying a wider alloy, and buying another set of tires too, so if anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I don't want anything too flashy.
Thanks for any info or website links you can give me.

Rembrant:rolleyes:

GTS Jeff
02-23-2003, 01:06 PM
geeez dude, use a ruler!!

theres a way to calculate offset, and im sure u can find that formula with a search engine.

Rembrant
02-23-2003, 01:12 PM
I know how to do it, I'm just trying to find out if anybody knows so I don't have to go out and take the wheel off the car to actually measure it, and you can't measure the width of the rim with the tire on it. Thanks.

Rembrant

szw
02-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Ask the same questions on a CL forum.

I think tire/wheel sites like tirerack.com might even have all the information on your vehicle...not sure though.

Light_Speed
02-23-2003, 01:14 PM
if your looking for new rims to can just go into any car store and they will tell you the bolt pattern and the offset

lilboykorea
02-23-2003, 03:26 PM
acuraworld.com
acura-cl.com
tirerack.com

there are TONS of places on the net to get info on ur cl
check out and join acura-cl.com, they mostly have the 2nd generations but there are a few 1st gen. members!

Ferio_vti
02-23-2003, 04:02 PM
Your owner's manual will have data on the wheel/tire sizes.