PDA

View Full Version : Re-felting pool table

BloNdie
11-25-2005, 02:36 PM
We have an older pool table, with horrible brown felt, but it is still in good shape.
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with re-felting a pool table?
Where would you reccomment? and does anyone have any idea about how much it will cost?

Thanks alot!

l8braker
11-25-2005, 02:38 PM
calgary billiards is doing ours. it is hella expensive to do. we're thiniking either grey or black :bigpimp:

BerserkerCatSplat
11-25-2005, 03:07 PM
It's expensive, but it's worth it. You might also have them check/replace your rail cushions, as they tend to go "dead' on older tables. New felt and cusions can make your old table feel like a brand new one! :thumbsup:

Gspotracer
11-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Get it done by Aqua Fun, they have redone mine twice and do a great job, I don't think it was too expensive either.:thumbsup:

AllGoNoShow
11-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Its not expensive if you find the right person ;)

$160 for my guy to come in, level the table, remove old felt, couple other thigns and put on new felt.

For a normal size pool table its around $160 for the felt so your looking at $300ish overall, not bad for A+ work.

Let me know if you want his number or anything, he doesn't order the felt in you have to pick that up but he can tell u where to go for the best stuff around then you pick it up and he installs it. He is doing my buddies pool table within the next little bit as well.

l8braker
11-25-2005, 03:21 PM
$300ish is more like it!!!! Heh

BloNdie
11-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Okay, so about 300$ is a good guess?
If anyone knows anywhere any cheaper, I'd really appriciate it.
we're not pool sharks or anything, just play for fun here and there, so it doesnt have to be to to top of the line.

I'm doing it for my parents for christmas, and am thinking of giving a catologe of some sort for them to pick the colour and what not and get in done in the new year. Anywhere where I can grab a cataloge of different felt colours?

l8braker
11-25-2005, 03:27 PM
300 is the lowest i've heard. We paid almost twice that.:(

badseed
11-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Gspotracer
Get it done by Aqua Fun, they have redone mine twice and do a great job, I don't think it was too expensive either.:thumbsup:

^Agreed I've had my pool table done by them as well, excellent job, very reasonable price.