PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Rates

dodad
11-25-2005, 03:11 PM
I thought in alberta insurance rates were all on a chart so the prices would be all the same. I went and got an estimate and the prices change big time between companies

core_upt
11-25-2005, 04:04 PM
yes, yes they do, welcome to privatized insurance. It's a lot like privatized liquor stores and all part of the free market, where prices and rates of service will vary between privately owned companies based on market demands, competition and other factors.

shop around for the best rates but be wary of the service that comes with them; for example, I am with ING thru a broker and am still paying insurance on a car I not only do not drive, but SOLD to another person over 6 fucking months ago because they're system is that slow to update.:bullshit:

hockeybronx
11-25-2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah there are a ton of things that will throw the rates off from company to company.

For me, I was offered the best rate with the same company that my dad has insured all our other family vehicles at. You might want to try that company first, then work your way through the list.

vietdood
11-25-2005, 09:25 PM
isn't PLPD the same for all insurance companies? it's when you get comprehensive insurance it varies from company to company

rith
11-25-2005, 11:38 PM
No! I was getting screwed by the cooperators for $1400+/year for JUST PLPD on a 11 year old SUV!
I then went to royalbank and got PLPD with them for $780/year!
My 350z is going to cost me $1390/year through TD
Provincial insurance companies are all blood sucking leeches.

Originally posted by vietdood
isn't PLPD the same for all insurance companies? it's when you get comprehensive insurance it varies from company to company

Speed_69
11-26-2005, 12:59 AM
yes PLPD should be the same for almost every insurance company. when you only get PLPD coverage, it doesn't matter what car you drive because they will not have to cover you for your own damages. only when you get into collision and comprehensive coverage, then the rates will varie

FiveFreshFish
11-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by rith

My 350z is going to cost me $1390/year through TD

:thumbsup: for TD!

GTS Jeff
11-26-2005, 12:00 PM
WTF, I pay $1300/yr for liability+comprehensive on my Corolla...TD