PDA

View Full Version : prelude or type R integra

pAuLiE J
02-23-2003, 05:13 PM
in your opinion, which car do you guys like better, a prelude or an acura integra type R? I'm in the process of looking for cars and want something different than the crowd since i dont know anyone with a prelude or type R. i would love to track down a type R since they are pretty rare. besides, everyone around here has civics or accords. also, which vehicle has more upgrade parts and better stock performance? thanks.

Superesc
02-23-2003, 05:15 PM
ITR!

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 05:16 PM
Prelude by far IMO. Assuming you are buying a gen 5.
400ml of extra displacement. The one prelude I got to T-drive I loved, handles so nice.

rsxrsx
02-23-2003, 05:17 PM
type r all the way...because that's my dream car a 1998 Integra Type r, as for parts i think it will be just as easy to get for either car...good luck in your choice...oh yeah did i mentian ITR:thumbsup:

buh_buh
02-23-2003, 05:18 PM
it totally depends on what you want.
If your looking for pure performance, and more of a race car, I'd go with the ITR.

The Prelude is heavier, more plush, and more of a cruising car than a race car. The seats are more comfortable, you get A/C and all the little things that make it a "nicer" car.

As far as stock performance goes, the Type-R will outperform the Prelude, and aftermarket support also supports the ITR more.

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
If your looking for pure performance, and more of a race car, I'd go with the ITR.

The Prelude is heavier, more plush, and more of a cruising car than a race car. The seats are more comfortable, you get A/C and all the little things that make it a "nicer" car.

I think the h22a has more potential than the b18c5, agree?
It's a larger engine displacement wise. Yes the Prelude is heavier than the ITR but nothing a S/C couldn't fix. Killer body kits for a Lude as well. The only ITR I ever saw was 26k for a 96. You could find a nice lude for 22k.

szw
02-23-2003, 05:20 PM
no

special blend
02-23-2003, 05:21 PM
I would go with the Type R. My bud has a new prelude and we switched vehicles for a week. Nice car but not enough head room for me;)

pAuLiE J
02-23-2003, 05:22 PM
both cars that i am looking at are "newer" such as a 1998-2000 prelude or a 1998 type R or something around there. also, will insurance be high on either car. after all they are 4 cylinder and naturally aspirated.

szw
02-23-2003, 05:24 PM
also, will insurance be high on either car. after all they are 4 cylinder and naturally aspirated.

Your pretty young? The insurance on both will be unbelievable!!!

Superesc
02-23-2003, 05:26 PM
More parts available / supported for the ITR :D

pAuLiE J
02-23-2003, 05:29 PM
yes i am 15 right now so i guess im pretty young. i know the insurance wont be as high as it is for a turbo charged car or something like an 8 cylinder. now back to the cars. i know honda makes a reliable car and since acura is owned but honda, they must be reliable too but are there any problem areas with either car?

szw
02-23-2003, 05:30 PM
yes i am 15 right now so i guess im pretty young. i know the insurance wont be as high as it is for a turbo charged car or something like an 8 cylinder. now back to the cars.

that doesn't have much to do with it. Insurance on those cars would probably be higher than most v8's or turbo cars.

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 05:33 PM
You know what?
Dont get either. If your first car is a ITR or a Prelude YOU WILL CRASH THEM. Get something cheaper and not as fast.

GTS Jeff
02-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk

It's a larger engine displacement wise. Yes the Prelude is heavier than the ITR but nothing a S/C couldn't fix. Killer body kits for a Lude as well. The only ITR I ever saw was 26k for a 96. You could find a nice lude for 22k. weight doesnt only affect acceleration. it also affects handling a great deal...and NOTHING can be done about that.

buh_buh
02-23-2003, 05:50 PM

It's a larger engine displacement wise. Yes the Prelude is heavier than the ITR but nothing a S/C couldn't fix.
It depends on what kind of build up you want to proceed with.
I believe the type-R would be easier to mod, and there are more parts available for the type-r. And how could you compare a S/C'd lude to a stock ITR?:rolleyes:

Weapon_R
02-23-2003, 06:01 PM
Is there any question about it? Type R man.

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
weight doesnt only affect acceleration. it also affects handling a great deal...and NOTHING can be done about that.

In 1/4 mile term. Accelaration is the only thing that matters. It's hard to say what is better, a light or a heavy car for handling. Not even going to argue.

And buh_buh I know the aftermarket S/C on the lude vs stock ITR is an unfair comparrison. I am just saying most people have this attitude that a prelude driver might as well pull over and give up if he sees an ITR (atleast in my circle of friends). For the price of a ITR, you could S/C a decent Lude which would be faster.

buh_buh
02-23-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Is there any question about it? Type R man.
its all about personal preference.
the cars are pretty similar in stock trim.
similar performance numbers (with the ITR getting the edge), the only difference being the Prelude is more lush and lavish.
so it just depends on what you want.

Superesc
02-23-2003, 06:06 PM
basically it comes down, if you want to be a Pimp? or not? BuhBuh choose the Pimp option. :D

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
basically it comes down, if you want to be a Pimp? or not? BuhBuh choose the Pimp option. :D

:werd: I am not a Honda fan, but there's something about that Gen 5 Lude. :bigpimp:

szw
02-23-2003, 06:38 PM
It's hard to say what is better, a light or a heavy car for handling. Not even going to argue.

Its not hard. There is pretty much no positive aspect of having more weight.

B18C
02-23-2003, 07:01 PM
Depends what you want.

ITR has more aftermarket support, better setup (for racing), better engine, better suspension - it is simple more like race car.

Prelude is more luxurious, rides better, and can be pimpin' (just look at buh_buh)

Phats
02-23-2003, 07:46 PM
man, i wish my parents would have bought me a 20,000 dollar car when I turned 16

GTS Jeff
02-23-2003, 08:17 PM

In 1/4 mile term. Accelaration is the only thing that matters. It's hard to say what is better, a light or a heavy car for handling. Not even going to argue.

And buh_buh I know the aftermarket S/C on the lude vs stock ITR is an unfair comparrison. I am just saying most people have this attitude that a prelude driver might as well pull over and give up if he sees an ITR (atleast in my circle of friends). For the price of a ITR, you could S/C a decent Lude which would be faster. im sorry matt, but that has to go in my sig.

buh_buh
02-23-2003, 08:34 PM
And buh_buh I know the aftermarket S/C on the lude vs stock ITR is an unfair comparrison. I am just saying most people have this attitude that a prelude driver might as well pull over and give up if he sees an ITR (atleast in my circle of friends). For the price of a ITR, you could S/C a decent Lude which would be faster.
I don't believe that's true. I've beaten some type-R's, and I've lost to some type-r's. Its definately a driver's race, with the edge going to the type-r. And supercharging a prelude isn't as simple as just bolting it on and you can start roasting type-r's.

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 08:36 PM

I don't believe that's true. I've beaten some type-R's, and I've lost to some type-r's. Its definately a driver's race, with the edge going to the type-r. And supercharging a prelude isn't as simple as just bolting it on and you can start roasting type-r's.

When I say supercharge I mean do all the other mods like I/H/E to take advantage of it. I am just trying to defend the lude guy. It's a nice car that is shadowed by the ITR.

Superesc
02-23-2003, 08:45 PM
hmm I don't think the lude was ever Shadowed by the ITR... And as of S/C on a lude, should ask MaxBoost about his "experience" hehe

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
hmm I don't think the lude was ever Shadowed by the ITR... And as of S/C on a lude, should ask MaxBoost about his "experience" hehe

I think it's just me, but whenever I mention how cool Preludes are I get the 'ITR is faster' response generally. Well I tried to bring up the good points of the Prelude but I am fighting an uphill battle.

max_boost
02-23-2003, 09:31 PM
3 years ago I was comparing the Prelude SH and the Yellow Integra Type-R, I picked the Prelude because I didn't want an Integra, everyone had them lol

BUt I didn't realize that the Type-R was no simple integra! It was a pure performance, adrenaline pumping track car.....

Anyway, at the time, there was a 10 car comparison and the Prelude came out on top, I think this was car and driver so I that is why I picked the Prelude lol

As for which car is quicker, man, like any car, driver dependenT!

I know the 350Z will own both stock for stock so thats all that counts for me! haha :D

boi-alien
02-23-2003, 09:54 PM
depending on what you want

you mentioned that you wanted to track your car,
in this case i would suggest the ITR, it's a track car right out of the box. with the ITR motor, tuned suspesion and all the ITR goodies, you'll be very happy with the car as a track car. i'm not saying the lude is not a track car, but you'd spend quite a bit more on the lude to get it as competitive as the ITR on the track.

2000impreza
02-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

I know the 350Z will own both stock for stock so thats all that counts for me! haha :D

you don't have to rub it in.... :guns: :banghead:

max_boost
02-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

you don't have to rub it in.... :guns: :banghead:

IS300 with rev hard turbo kit will leave me in the dust:nut: but thats ok......:thumbsup:

buh_buh
02-23-2003, 10:16 PM

IS300 with rev hard turbo kit will leave me in the dust:nut: but thats ok......:thumbsup:
i heard it puts down 500whp:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But a IS430 will put all of those in the dust haha.

redline_13000
02-23-2003, 10:19 PM
You know what?
Dont get either. If your first car is a ITR or a Prelude YOU WILL CRASH THEM. Get something cheaper and not as fast.

preludes and itr's arnt ferrari's:)

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000

preludes and itr's arnt ferrari's:)

When you got your license didn't you drive like an idiot?

Superesc
02-23-2003, 10:37 PM

Damn you 2 high rollers :D

2000impreza
02-23-2003, 10:42 PM

i'm not high roller enough for that :nut:
maybe a stock is300.... no turbo,... supercharger or anything :rofl:

with that siad... i found another kit. PFS stage 3 is suppose to give you 600whp on the is300.
http://www.pfsupercars.com/mods/lexus/mods_turbokit.htm

CRXguy
02-23-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
.....with that siad... i found another kit. PFS stage 3 is suppose to give you 600whp on the is300.
http://www.pfsupercars.com/mods/lexus/mods_turbokit.htm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

redline_13000
02-23-2003, 11:47 PM

my mistake, didnt notice he was 15:)

Weapon_R
02-24-2003, 01:16 AM

He still drives like an idiot :rofl:

mrmattyk
02-24-2003, 01:23 AM

After my first near-accident situation I stopped driving like an idiot. You have to admit that first month you got your license you were a nut. Without Mom or Dad nagging you for going 0.0000123 km's over the posted limit, you feel free. :D

redline_13000
02-24-2003, 02:57 AM

heheh:(

Voodoo Child
02-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Ok I'm going to throw in my 2 cents here.

I too was in the same situation over a year ago when I was looking to buy a new car.

I LOVE 5th gen preludes, they have a touch of class when you sit inside one (SH, SE) with the leather, heated seats, carbon fiber trim, sunroof, etc.
The ITR has the suede seats, but is loud due to the thin sheet metal used and lack of insulation (weight reduction). I have A/C, but most of them do not come with it. There is no cruise control, no sunroof, no heated seats, none of the luxury amenities.

If you are looking for a roomy interior, the ITR is NOT for you.
I'm 6'1" and I have little room to move around. You sit close to your passenger and the back seat might as well not even be there.

BUT, on the performance side, I have to side the R.

I have both cars sitting in the garage right now and when you go from one to the other, there is no comparison. The lude feels sluggish and heavy, while the ITR screams and handles like it was made in Germany.

The R engine is made with real precision and can be built up both N/A or Boosted for some amazing results. I've seen N/A engine with about 225whp in the US pull 12's in the 1/4 and I've seen boosted B18c5's with 300+whp pull the same results.
Even stock, there are few engines out there that can compare.

The H22a is also a great engine, provides a bit more displacement, and will really move if you Boost it. (NOT SC)
In stock format it provides some good low end torque but I find it lacks in the high RPM range.
The H22 is a popular swap engine for big time drag racers because of the boost potential that it provides.

Support for both cars is good, the lude being a little harder to find certain things due to the ATTS on the SH.
Since the ITR was used in many SCCA (?) races and GT-3 cups races, there is an abundance of aftermarket parts both on the USDM and JDM side. Mind you the $$ factor for JDM parts might turn you away, but it is well worth it let me tell you.

As for MSRP wise, I believe you will be able to find a 97 or 98 lude much cheaper than a 97 or 98 ITR will run you. Plus there is a shit load of them out there so finding one shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck, hope this helps.

VC

max_boost
02-24-2003, 11:16 AM
I forgot to add, exterior wise, no matter what kit the Prelude has.....it can not compare to the Type-R with JDM front end....right vooodoo? haha

Speed_RaSiR
02-24-2003, 12:17 PM
How can you even debate this? R all the way.

choweyt3t4
02-24-2003, 01:44 PM
id have to agree with speed rasir even though i have a prelude,if i had the chance to go back in time i would have gotten a type r instead of the lude.the type r hands down over the lude.more potiential for power and handling than the lude unless you got a cool 10g's to drop into the engine plus another 5g's for a decent turbokit,then thats a different story

cocoabrova
02-24-2003, 05:19 PM
When I was looking for a new car awhile ago, I chose the ITR, even though I was supposed to be buying a family car/SUV:banghead::nut: but I don't regret my decision:werd:

Integra Type R
02-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Well, after reading alot of what was said here, I as a type r owner, will always stick behind my car. I have herd different things about say performance when it come so forced induction. For example, installing a supercharger on a type r vs a gsr, both cars will be exactly the same in power due to you have to turn down the boost on the ITR because of high compression. But like I read, if you have 15g's you can make a ITR perform awsome. If anyone had a chance to look at that JDM ITR at WOW, look at the head gasket, cheap mans way of lowering compression. I am not condeming the guy at all, I thought about doin the same thing, but to do things proper with forced induction, you need the money to back you.

cocoabrova
02-24-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Integra Type R
Well, after reading alot of what was said here, I as a type r owner, will always stick behind my car. I have herd different things about say performance when it come so forced induction. For example, installing a supercharger on a type r vs a gsr, both cars will be exactly the same in power due to you have to turn down the boost on the ITR because of high compression. But like I read, if you have 15g's you can make a ITR perform awsome. If anyone had a chance to look at that JDM ITR at WOW, look at the head gasket, cheap mans way of lowering compression. I am not condeming the guy at all, I thought about doin the same thing, but to do things proper with forced induction, you need the money to back you.
Uhh, I thought the boost on the JRSC kit is pre-set unless you go with the pulley kit:dunno:If you read on h-T, guys have built custom home-made turbo kits making 7-8 lbs. of boost for roughly between $5k-$10k Canadian, but they can get up into the $15K range.... As for ls/vtec-crx's "cheap mans way of lowering compression," I'm sure he's got the $$ to do the internals, but replacing the stock HG with a thicker one DOES LOWER THE COMPRESSION, so why spend more $$ when he's achieved what he needed to which is LOWER COMPRESSION:rolleyes:I think ALOT of people on this board, INLCUDING ls/vtec-crx, know enough about "doing things proper with forced induction," AND have the $$ or means to "back" them:rolleyes:BTW didn't you blow up your STOCK engine last summer @ SS:banghead::banghead::thumbsdow

importadrenelin
02-25-2003, 01:44 AM

It's a larger engine displacement wise. Yes the Prelude is heavier than the ITR but nothing a S/C couldn't fix. Killer body kits for a Lude as well. The only ITR I ever saw was 26k for a 96.

Ok I'll throw in my limted honda knowledge for this one;)

H22A does not have more potential then the C5, both are as potent as each other. You can modify each of them in soo many ways, it just takes $$ and a good setup. The H22 has larger displacement but that doesn't help the Prelude enough to keep up with the Type R. In stock form with drivers of equal strength the Prelude will not take an ITR in the 1/4. Throw in crappy drivers then it's a different story that no one cares about.

ITR's were not made in 1996, 97+ only in North America, 1996 in Japan.
The Inntegra Type R is not a normal Integra. The actual frame is stiffer then all other integras and the car actually has a different floor pan as well. The Type R is not limited to just a better engine & suspension.
If your talking about daily drivability and reliability, assuming they are both stock engines, it is a Honda engine, so they'll both be fine. The thing with the prelude is the back seats are soo tiny you can barely fit people back there. Integra has more space for rear passengers then a Prelude.
There is also more aftermarket support for the B18C5 then there is the H22A.
Personally I think they are 2 different cars.
Prelude's are for :bigpimp: and Type R's are for true Drivers & Car enthusiasts. Not knocking prelude or their owners, just my take on it.

buh_buh
02-25-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by importadrenelin
Prelude's are for :bigpimp: and Type R's are for true Drivers & Car enthusiasts. Not knocking prelude or their owners, just my take on it.
Guess im not a true driver or enthusiast.:dunno: :rolleyes:

Since when did the car you drive determine whether your an enthusiast or not?

boi-alien
02-25-2003, 02:17 AM

nope you are not, look at your avatar!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

importadrenelin
02-25-2003, 10:43 AM

Since when did the car you drive determine whether your an enthusiast or not?

I didn't say you weren't a true driver or car enthusiast. I meant that more often then not a individual will choose the Type R for it's track record and better overall performance. The Type R is not for everyone, most people who own them are usually driver enthusiasts.
Like I said I am not knocking Preludes or their owners, so do not take it that way. I know you track your car and you are a car/driver enthusiast.

Voodoo Child
02-25-2003, 12:59 PM
If anyone had a chance to look at that JDM ITR at WOW, look at the head gasket, cheap mans way of lowering compression. I am not condeming the guy at all, I thought about doin the same thing, but to do things proper with forced induction, you need the money to back you.

You know the "cheap mans way" of talking trash is over the internet.
The "proper way" would be to back your shit up at the track.....oh wait...I don't remember you beating Al or I last year...hmmm.

Heaven forbid you lose to a guy with a thicker headgasket!

I'll say it over and over again, "Quit using your ass for a hat!"

VC

syeve
02-25-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo Child

oh wait...I don't remember you beating Al or I last year...hmmm.

VC

ouch...OWNED..muahaha.

thicker head gasket IS NOT the cheap mans way of lowering compression. Its actually a very effective way of lower the compression and not messing with perfectly good block.

sml
02-25-2003, 07:19 PM

As far as stock performance goes, the Type-R will outperform the Prelude, and aftermarket support also supports the ITR more.

:werd:

buh_buh
02-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by importadrenelin

I didn't say you weren't a true driver or car enthusiast. I meant that more often then not a individual will choose the Type R for it's track record and better overall performance. The Type R is not for everyone, most people who own them are usually driver enthusiasts.
Like I said I am not knocking Preludes or their owners, so do not take it that way. I know you track your car and you are a car/driver enthusiast.
I know you didnt' mean that, I was just trying to prove a point.:) But it IS true most ITR drivers are enthusiasts (with the oddball ricer who BELIEVES he's an enthusiast). But Preludes ARE very capable of outperforming many other cars (Including the ITR).

gpomp
02-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Ludes are slow, get an ITR.

buh_buh
02-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
Ludes are slow, get an ITR.
we've already determined that they are pretty close in performance stock vs stock.:rolleyes:

max_boost
02-26-2003, 12:09 AM

we've already determined that they are pretty close in performance stock vs stock.:rolleyes:

I dunno man....either that or the Speed Tech boys got some secrets up their sleeves.....I mean their times are quicker than sea level times I think!:confused:

syeve
02-26-2003, 12:46 AM
secrets....muahahaha..I'll never tell.

buh_buh
02-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by syeve
secrets....muahahaha..I'll never tell.
so there IS something!!:D

syeve
02-26-2003, 01:01 AM

so there IS something!!:D

:banghead: ...I though I was just saying that out loud...:banghead:

I guess we'll never know now though...*addition of spooling type devise*

eur0
02-26-2003, 01:01 AM
if i had to choose between an itr or buhbuhs lude i would definately go with buhbuhs :eek: :thumbsup: the ride is so sweet

gpomp
02-26-2003, 04:16 AM

Meh, never run into one but for some reason I still think ITR's are faster. Maybe one day... :dunno:

buh_buh
02-26-2003, 04:23 AM
they ARE faster, but its pretty close.
Just cuz one car is a little faster than the other, I wouldn't make my decision of which car to buy just based on that.

Voodoo Child
02-26-2003, 09:44 AM
they ARE faster, but its pretty close.
Just cuz one car is a little faster than the other...

Come on Buhbuh, you know as well as I do that is it not as close as you think.
I mean bobby's SC lude last year only ran a 14.9 or 14.8 at the track.
1/4 or Slalom course, the ITR would be well ahead of the lude. I dont' mean out of site, but a few car lengths forsure.

And we all know that "it doesn't matter if you win by and inch or a mile, winning is winning!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ls/vtec-crx
02-26-2003, 11:53 AM

And we all know that "it doesn't matter if you win by and inch or a mile, winning is winning!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ahahahahahaha. That's a good one.

max_boost
02-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Come on Buhbuh, you know as well as I do that is it not as close as you think.

Just hand his ass to him on a silver platter and he won't pursue the question any further:rofl: And if Voodoo can't take buh_buh N/A there is always LS/VTEC :rofl: You Type-R bullies!:devil: :rofl:

Can't wait for this summer!

ls/vtec-crx
02-26-2003, 02:02 PM

So are trying to that i'm a cheap ass. So what is your proper way of doing things with forced induction?

And what are you talking about that a supercharger on a type r vs a gsr are exactly the same. That's BS! If you run 7psi on the gsr, you can also run 7psi on the type r and it will make more power. there is no need to lower the compression it will handle the boost. there are lots of guys that i have found in the states that are running stock type r motors turbocharged.

I bought the head gasket as an insurance to be more safe. I have my JE pistons 9.0:1 compression but decided not to put them in because i would like to build everything else at the same time.

legendboy
02-26-2003, 02:25 PM
.....look at that JDM ITR at WOW, look at the head gasket, cheap mans way of lowering compression. I am not condeming the guy at all, I thought about doin the same thing, but to do things proper with forced induction, you need the money to back you.

What the hell is "proper"?

ls/vtec-crx
02-26-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

What the hell is "proper"?

Yes i would really like to know the proper way cause i guess i didn't do it right!

shadowz
02-26-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx

Yes i would really like to know the proper way cause i guess i didn't do it right! '

Hmm... lets kill kim!!! lol

ninjak84
02-26-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
'Hmm... lets kill kim!!! lol

Haha... the solution to everything

importadrenelin
02-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx

Yes i would really like to know the proper way cause i guess i didn't do it right!
I dunno who posted the info on your car, but they are whack.
In Al's defense tons of people in the states are running turbo's on stock Compression ITR's. I believe Al when he says he has JE pistons, but he is doing the same thing I would if I was going to build a bottom end. Add rods, polish the crank possibly and some other things rather then just pistons. Thats the proper way too build a block and he is going to do that.
Running the thicker headgasket is just a safety precaution to prevent detonation. You can run higher compression motors on boost but tuning must be precise to prevent the motor from going bye bye. Anyways props to AL and can't wait to see you bossting 15+ psi on a built bottom end!!!:thumbsup:

Lorne@UrbanX
02-26-2003, 06:26 PM
Uhhhh yeah... whatever ppl think they know so much.. I agree what is the PROPER WAY of doing that???
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

B18C
02-26-2003, 08:19 PM
I think that he means lowering compression with pistons instead of a headgasket.

Integra typeR isn't totally off the wall with the supercharger comment. JRSC'd ITR's make about the same power as a JRSC'd GSR, albeit with 0.5 psi less boost. JRSC'd ITR's are famous for fuel dump in the high rpm's. It's easily fixed though with the JR MAP controller or a standalone.