PDA

View Full Version : Over the Counter Performance Enhancers

Hakkola
11-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey guys, with all the pro sports media attention on performance enhancing drugs, I'm just wondering what everybody's opinion is on Over the counter drugs, and what you know about them.

I pretty much have no knowledge on the subject whatsoever. I have friends who've used steriods and friends who are planning on using them, I've even been tempted, so what I'm wondering is what other options there are.

Ohh, and don't say just eat healthy and take supplements, I know in the long run that's probably the best choice.

hockeybronx
11-25-2005, 08:38 PM
I myself have never and will never take a "steroid". In the past it's just been a fear of "the worst" that could happen. I never have researched a particular steroid enough to make generalizations.

Now that I am awaiting to start my training with the Calgary Fire Department, it's best to stay clear of them. In the personal history statement they ask you if you have ever taken any type of steroid.

You are doing the right thing in just trying to learn off others experiences, it's can be a touchy subject at times, but I know there are guys on Beyond that have used or currently use steroids. I'm not going to point them out, I'll let them come forward and talk to you if they want to, and that'll likely be through PM.

I do know that with most types of steroids that alter your hormones it is ESSENTIAL to maintain an almost flawless way of living. Everything from drinking water, to eating right and frequently, to getting enough sleep can all alter effects steroids can have on the body.

1-Cent
11-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

You are doing the right thing in just trying to learn off others experiences, it's can be a touchy subject at times, but I know there are guys on Beyond that have used or currently use steroids. I'm not going to point them out, I'll let them come forward and talk to you if they want to, and that'll likely be through PM.

I do know that with most types of steroids that alter your hormones it is ESSENTIAL to maintain an almost flawless way of living. Everything from drinking water, to eating right and frequently, to getting enough sleep can all alter effects steroids can have on the body.

Very true bud, if anyone thinks its the easy/faster way out they're kidding themselves and will be VERY let down if they get into it with those expectations, nothing is magic.

If you're looking into the real deal you have to realise it will consume your life, instead of planning your workouts and eating routines around work and socializing it goes the other way and you soon find yourself carrying a lunch box where ever you go, asking your boss if its ok to eat every couple hours and putting off other things so you can get a full workout in that day...

Shoot me a PM if you've got questions Hakkola

Wildcat
11-28-2005, 10:18 PM
i know you want to get big fast or whatever for the military but honestly steroids are not the way togo. Its a life choice, not a get big quick scheme and its not without its consequences and sacrifices of course. Nothings free, such is life. I dont think anyone who doesnt have at least and i mean at least 2 years of experianced training and dieting should even consider steroids. And i dont mean 2 years of screwing around and experimenting with your routine and diet but 2 structured dedicated years of sweat and pain.

its my personal opinion that you shouldnt jump into that world without giving it some more thought. like i said its not the easy route, youll probly be doing more harm than good and youll probly hate yourself for it later down the road.