PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer thumps uncontrollably

Weapon_R
02-23-2003, 07:19 PM
I have a problem with my stereo,

The subwoofer will thump a continuous, repetitive thump 24/7. Regardless if i'm playing music (it will also hit the bass notes of the song, but still thud thud thud non-stop when there isn't any bass) and even if I am not playing any music.

CanadaCivicSIR
02-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Sounds like you have interference either inside your amplifier on in the RCA cables, How close did you run your RCA and power wire together, Normally, you run power wire down one side of your car RCA down the other. But, I thing maybe your amp is doing it, try hooking up a different amp and see if that corrects it.

bol
02-23-2003, 07:28 PM
sounds like a ground loop problem and you're getting engine feedback somehow

disconnect the rca's to the amp and see if it still does it to be sure, if it does, your amp is passing a real dirty signal to the sub. check your ground and power wires, be sure they're real secure to the chasis and battery. has it always done this? did you run the rca's next to the power cable when you ran the wiring?

Weapon_R
02-23-2003, 07:39 PM
The RCA's run on one side of the car, the Power and remote on the other.

It does it once in a while only. It's gotten worse when I bridged the amp. Now it does it continuously. If I raise the volume, and lower it again slowly, it sounds good for a few minutes, and then it starts the continuous thud again.

CanadaCivicSIR
02-23-2003, 07:41 PM
I say your amp is on the way out, but check your stereo with a buddies amp or something first, before you shell out the cash for a new amp.

12V
02-26-2003, 12:12 AM
let me look at it.

Weapon_R
02-26-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by 12V
let me look at it.

Sure man i'll swing by this weekend...it only does it when the sub is bridged. Otherwise, the amp and sub sound great when I am running off one channel (but it sucks since my sub is capable of 1000 watts handling, and i'm not feeding it anywhere near enough).