PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace Changes!!?

shakalaka
11-26-2005, 02:51 PM
I dont know, I was just browsing Howardforums and I sorta like their idea of For Sale sections. So I am just suggesting it over here, it might be good...??!
Anyways, here's what it is...
Just like hofo, Admins can make that no one else can reply in the For Sale thread of other people. And plus, the seller can only bump the thread once after every 2 days or something like that. By doing that we ensure that no random people are replying into one particular for sale thread and whoring it, and increasing the work for the mods, since they go through and delete those lines anyways. All the deal can be left to PM's. If someone is interested they wont be able to post in the thread, but they can PM the seller and talk through that.

Dont know what you guys think of this, but I personally think it would save a lot of headache for a lot of people.:dunno: :dunno:

googe
11-26-2005, 03:21 PM
i dunno if the forum software alows for it, but it would be handy if people could have moderator privs for their own thread in the marketplace

Ben
11-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Though it sounds like an interesting Idea...I like the fact of being able to ask legitimate questions about the sellers item. Taking everything to PM isnt always good, because often people ask a question, that there are others wondering the same thing.

People just need to learn how to read the rules.

FiveFreshFish
11-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Just like hofo, Admins can make that no one else can reply in the For Sale thread of other people.

I think it's a good idea. The reply restriction is currently in effect in the "rides" section.

http://forums.beyond.ca/forumdisplay.php?forumid=48

shakalaka
11-26-2005, 04:31 PM
^Yeap!! Exactly like that.

I understand what Ben is saying, but that could still be kept to pm's. Plus if a moderator is suspicious about the authenticity or legitimacy of the item, they can always edit/change the thread according to their wishes, since they have the powers.

benyl
11-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Taking everything to PM isnt always good, because often people ask a question, that there are others wondering the same thing.

Simple fix for that.

If the seller doesn't want to answer the question over and over again, he can edit his post and add the information to the thread.

googe
11-26-2005, 05:05 PM
nah, i think it would be a PITA to not be able to reply in threads at all. maybe less tolerance for retarded comments/thread hijacking so people get the point.

FiveFreshFish
11-26-2005, 05:09 PM
User Rating adjustments should be made to those who post stupid shit, especially in the marketplace.

shakalaka
11-26-2005, 05:30 PM
^Or that. I mean we have those rules and stuff, but how many people actually follow them? For example, my last FS: Nokia 7280 thread, some user kept on coming in and kept on making comments on my price being really high. Where the marketplace rules clearly state that, "if the price is too high, let the thread die." His posts weren't edited, nor did his user rating or anything came down. I am not blaming the mods or anyone else, because I obviously know its not easy to manage all the posts and it is quite easy to miss a thread or two. So with the new rules in affect, it would be so much easier from that point of view.