PDA

View Full Version : Official Toronto Raptors Thread

urbannomad
11-26-2005, 05:19 PM
I was surprised! are there no Basketball fans on Beyond?? or are you all embarrassed to show that you love the raps??? c'mon guys, we got a great future ahead of us. look at hoffa hes been playing great since the MIA game, Bosh is the man, but too many turnovers, jalen jacks up like nothing, and mo sucks now for some reason. MIKE JAMES! is a streaky scorer, Jose Calderon, THE MVP... if he could only start:rolleyes: matt bonner-never liked the guy.C-villa an animal for the offensive rebound, and joey Graham is a monster like the hulk. Be optomistic guys, this season will suck, but think of it this way, we'd get the first pick next year and get Rudy Gay! And what i like most is that we are losing really close games, not just blowout games. This is because if we are playing like that right now, and we get deeper with the draft next year, and our guys would've gelled by then we might be unstoppable next year. BUT, one thing of concern of coaching is sam mitchell-the man isnt X's and O's. Phil, Larry, and all the other great coaches are X's and O's type of guys. we need one of those as well.

So dont make this thread a :whocares: :drama: or :zzz:

Support Canadas team cuz Vancouver got fucked over! i wouldnt wanna lose TO aswell.

GO RAPTORS!

Give me your thoughts!

saiyajin
11-26-2005, 05:22 PM
i lost hope in the Raps after they traded Vince Carter for absolutely nothign i mean come on!! an allstar for bench warmers?? shiet the management needs to get their shit together

habsfan
11-26-2005, 05:42 PM
:werd: rob babcock is a joke, he's slowly killing the team with shitty trades and poor decision making.

crazyning
11-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Unstoppable next year? Not likely. How many teams are there that will go from worst team in the NBA one year, to unstoppable the next based on just a number one draft pick?

Besides, I'd say the Raptors are second worst to the Hawks.

paramedic
11-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Jalen Rose sucks, he's being paid too much for the shit he does. I know he's a veteran and all but Mike James is better and the guy was never drafted.

toyboy88
11-26-2005, 06:42 PM
1-12 record....says it all:dunno:

RiCE-DaDDy
11-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Mike James is alright, he is playing pretty good right now and sometimes he has amazing games but the dude is a straight up chucker. Many times this season he would jack up some stupid shit instead of giving it to Bosh or passing for a better play during crunch time. Anytime u got a a guy like mopete starting, u know u are a bad team.

babcock still sucks but this year he made a huge improvment draftin cv, graham and gettin calderon.

If you've been following raptors it seems they always have a chance to win. i.e the pheonix game they were tied till like half way thru the 4th. They just need to learn to play better d and close it out.

And Rudy is no lock for first overall but we'll see, college just started.

00Celica
11-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Raptors will never be good until the draft or get ahold of a center,bosh is not a center, he is a PF, raptors get killed inside the paint every game cuz theres no presence in the paint, they should suck until 2007 and pick up Greg Oden, that guys a beast. raps have good young players but no one that will make a huge impact as of yet, in 5 years i see them makin the playoffs.

Anyways, lets talk about surprises so far. Charlotte and NO/OK are HUGE surprises, most people predicted for them to win 10 games each but i think each are at 6 already. The biggest surprise has to be the clips, 9-2 :O best start in franchise history.

Then there are the usuals, Dallas :D my favorite team mostly becasue of the best player in the L aka Disco Dirk, the guy is insane.

All i have to say is in your face houston fans, you added alston and swift and you still suck.

gerrycurl21
11-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Bosh looks like a dinosaur and Villaneuva looks like a caveman.

I guess we're gon have to wait to these young guys gain experience and one establishes themself as a teamleader that takes control. No leader they can goto since they lost T-Mac and Carter

bigboom
11-27-2005, 04:39 PM
their biggest problem is no decent ball rotation...and when they try to move the ball around it gets stolen. they need to watch their passes, in games when they have done that they have done decently but because they are so young their experience is lacking. they also need to pick up a good swingman, rose is not cutting it and neither is mo pete. babcock should have spent the money to bring magloire in as well. we need a new gm is all i can say...charlie v was a good pick but Hoffa? he shoulda been fired when he made that pick.

PGTze
11-27-2005, 05:02 PM
I am cheering for the first overall pick at this point.

gerrycurl21
11-27-2005, 06:59 PM
i laugh everytime they refer to Bonner as "red rocket"