PDA

View Full Version : Costa Rica/ Australia

codo
11-27-2005, 09:47 PM
okay so anyways this is how its going to be, I've paid for my tickets to both destination im going to costa rica for two weeks in decmber and then get back and head to asutralia for 5 months in january i have transportation up east coast in australia and was just wondering if any of you have gone to either places and what is really worthwhile doing. Any suggestions apreciated.

B20EF
11-27-2005, 10:37 PM
I would highly recommend going over to the west coast in Australia. You'll see when you get there it's really not a big deal to get there. The east coast is all the same - commercialized cities with bars, tourists, tourist shops - it's fun but all the same and not the REAL Australia. Go to Port Douglas just above Cairns to make some money and then head over to the west. Trust me it will be the best decision you make. I was planning on staying for 3 months and stayed for 11 1/2, came home two weeks before my visa expired. The guy I went with (turbo'd gsr) came home like two days before his visa expired. Enjoy the trip.

codo
11-27-2005, 10:40 PM
been on west coast before for a bit so now im doing east, and oh im also going on a tasmania tour and staying with a firend i have in christchurch for 3 weeks in new zealand so i have those flights as well.

mac_82
11-27-2005, 10:43 PM
I agree. Western Australia is amazing. Perth (Cottosloe) was by far one of my favourite places in oz, as well as Margaret River. On the east coast, spend some time in Byron Bay, Noosa, Frasier Island, Cape Tribulation, Whitsunday Islands, and Surfer's Paradise was ok too. Perth and Byron Bay are the best in my opinion. Have fun. :D

lint
11-28-2005, 12:07 AM
For costa rica, you have to do one of the canopy tours. I would recommend you go to Monteverde and go with Selvatura for the canopy tour. It's the biggest and best in the county. Monteverde is hard to get to. The roads aren't paved, so you will need to rent a 4x4. And when I say aren't paved, I'm not talking about a gravel alley not paved. These are seriously rough roads. Another must see is the Tabacon Hot Springs in LaFortuna. Pretty mugh anywhere on the west coast is good for surfing. Beaches in Montezuma and wildlife at Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio.

The locals are friendly, the food is great. Try "cass", it's a local beverage. A little different in everytown, but great on a hot day. Amazing country.