PDA

View Full Version : hyundai club of alberta?!

Pages : [1] 2

GTS Jeff
02-23-2003, 11:42 PM
hahaha...i was sent this link from a chick who was like, "jeff are hyundai accents good cars? theres this jerk that wont stop bragging about his retarded souped up accent."

http://www.members.shaw.ca/bowrepublik/geninfo.htm

:D like 3/4 of their cars have underglow :D :D

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 11:44 PM
http://www.members.shaw.ca/bowrepublik/images/cruisnight02.jpg

Hey sml, here's a lineup of possible cars like you described. See that guy that you talked about in your street encounter?

THREE40SEVEN
02-23-2003, 11:51 PM
hyundai "tuners"
LOL, i doubt they've tuned a guitar, let alone an engine.

HK2NR
02-23-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN
hyundai "tuners"
LOL, i doubt they've tuned a guitar, let alone an engine.

:rofl:

ConVict
02-23-2003, 11:58 PM
Hey man , if you search really hard you can see that one of them has an AIR INTAKE... shit , better watch out :rolleyes:

ecstasyracer
02-24-2003, 12:02 AM
They should strap that neon sears sign under their tiburons and have free rice glow. :rofl:

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 12:02 AM
Model: 2000 Tiburon SE
Color: Cobalt Blue
Engine: 4 Cylinders
2.0L DOHC
Engine Code: G4FY
G=Gas, 4=4 Cylinders F=2.0L, 1975cc, Y=Year 2000
Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
Engine Mods: K&N Air Filter
Exterior Mods: Tinted Windows
2 Tiburon Shark decals for fenders
1 Big Tiburon Shark decal for rear window
1 Windshield banner “ AHTC Alberta Hyundai tuners club “

Interior Mods: 2 LiteGlow 15” Rods- Neon Blue. Hidden under dash
2 LiteGlow 10” Rods- Neon Blue. Hidden under seats
1 Laser Blue LED in compartment under stereo deck
2 Laser Blue LED’s for alarm system
Black Carbon-Fiber Razo racing pedals

Wheels & Tires: 17x7 Eagle Alloys Racing Series 160
GOODYEAR Eagle HP Ultras P215/R40/17
Transparent blue power coated wheel nuts & center caps
Audio Mods: Stock radio/ Clarion detachable CD deck 160w (standard on SE)
Future Mods: Custom TURBO

oh shit.. i'm scared now.. gonna get owned by a christmas tree

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 12:04 AM
and could someone make an owned picture out of this

http://www.members.shaw.ca/bowrepublik/images/TSR-Harnes2.JPG

Zephyr
02-24-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by HK2NR

Exterior Mods: Tinted Windows
2 Tiburon Shark decals for fenders
1 Big Tiburon Shark decal for rear window
1 Windshield banner “ AHTC Alberta Hyundai tuners club “

Interior Mods: 2 LiteGlow 15” Rods- Neon Blue. Hidden under dash
2 LiteGlow 10” Rods- Neon Blue. Hidden under seats
1 Laser Blue LED in compartment under stereo deck
2 Laser Blue LED’s for alarm system
Black Carbon-Fiber Razo racing pedals

oh shit.. i'm scared now.. gonna get owned by a christmas tree

oh man alll that junk must make it fast. especially the carbon fiber racing pedals!!! :rofl:

THREE40SEVEN
02-24-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by HK2NR
Transparent blue power coated wheel nuts
ROFL!!!!!:rofl: Buhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Oh my GOD!

ConVict
02-24-2003, 12:12 AM
What a joke... when you spend more on neon lights for your car then the car is worth... you know you need to get your ass kicked :rolleyes:

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 12:16 AM
There's too many pics to comment on (http://www.members.shaw.ca/bowrepublik/ride2.htm)

SoSlowDx
02-24-2003, 12:16 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ecstasyracer
02-24-2003, 12:19 AM
It must need that harness so you don't fly out the window with all the grip that thing has.

And whats with the "Accent GSI-R Speedville Edtition". I hope that thing doesn't pull up next to me at a stoplight.

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 12:25 AM
might as well post the other guys crap up too

Model: 2002 Accent GSI-R
Color: Black
Engine: 4 Cylinders
1.6L DOHC

Transmission: 5 speed manual
Engine Mods: - PK Design - Front-Mount Cold Ram air intake
- Speedville - 2.25" Custom Catback.

Exterior Mods: - Tinted Rear Quarter Windows
- Black Wiper Deflectors
- Kore Sticker on Fender wells both sides.
- "Alberta Hyundai Tuners Club" Side Body Wrap
With PK Media and Speedville.
- Ultra White Xenon H4 Headlight bulbs

Interior Mods: - Sony Explode Receiver
- Orian Cobalt series 5 Channel Amp 4x100 1x200
- Phenix Gold 4 channel Line driver 0-20+ volts
- 5 1/4 Rockford 2 way HP series speakers on four Corners
- 2x10" Rockford HP series Sub Woofers
- Indigo gauge Cluster
- TRS 2.5" 5 Point Racing Harnesses Driver + Passenger
- Carbon Fiber Vinyl in various places including the head
restraint posts and Cup Holder.
- Leather Wrapped steering wheel + shift knob and boot
- Bell 880 Radar Detector

Wheels & Tires: - 14" Stock 5 star wheels with Michelin Snow + Mud Tyres
and Summer Kumo 55 series Tyres
Future Mods: - 16" 5, 6 or 7 star GT Touring style Wheels
- 40 or 45 series reinforced side wall Tyres brand unknown
- PK Design Front Strut Tower Bar
- Big bore Throttle body. 2.5" to 3 "
- Port match the intake manifold to my BBTB
- 4-2-1 headers
- NX 35HP shot of Nitrous
- Apexi S-AFC Piggy back system
- Big Break Upgrade Drilled fronts and OEM Disc conversion
on the Rear
- Fiber Glass Hood with WRX Style Scoop
- ATH WRC Front Bumper

"Big Break Upgrade".. that's for sure, dude needs a big break get some cash get a real car

Redlyne_mr2
02-24-2003, 12:26 AM
:thumbsdow

Zephyr
02-24-2003, 12:27 AM
sadly this super pinto is cooler than their rides...

THREE40SEVEN
02-24-2003, 12:30 AM
"Recommended Cat-back size for the Accent GSI is 2" or 2.25" any
bigger on a naturally aspirated engine could be harmful. "says a Speedville mechanic"
Back Pressure is a must because if there is none you will harm your Exhaust Valves and burn
them up!"

Oh man.... you can make fun of EVERYTHING on that site.

THREE40SEVEN
02-24-2003, 12:31 AM
I just ordered my "reinforced sidewall tyres"

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 12:31 AM
haha.. i wonder if they are on beyond... hmmmmmmmmm lol

Pete92SL
02-24-2003, 12:35 AM
who gives a rats ass guys. Why do you modify the cars you drive? Because you like them. These people like their cars too.

sure, some of them don't really know what they are talking about, but still.

fuck, grow up.

Pete

finboy
02-24-2003, 12:36 AM
hahahhahahaa, there was a tiburon club meeting on crescent hill once, i hadn't laughed so hard since i saw the "fool injected" neon up there

ecstasyracer
02-24-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Pete92SL
who gives a rats ass guys. Why do you modify the cars you drive? Because you like them. These people like their cars too.

sure, some of them don't really know what they are talking about, but still.

fuck, grow up.

Pete

Its latenight on a sunday and were bored so don't read into it so much.

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer

Its latenight on a sunday and were bored so don't read into it so much.

:werd: this is helping me cheer up on a crummy day:thumbsup:

THREE40SEVEN
02-24-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Pete92SL

fuck, grow up.

Pete

If i were to modify a lada, im sure you'd have something to say.
The accent has, and never will, have any expandibility in the realm of performance. Why try.
Lets be realistic pete. Hyundais suck.

James
02-24-2003, 12:46 AM
Pete is right, we shouldnt really be making fun of these guys, atleast their trying...but come on, this picture is Fawkin Hilarious!:rofl: :rofl:

http://members.albertacars.net/james/arrowintakegrill.jpg

finboy
02-24-2003, 12:47 AM
didn't SCC have a twin engined hyundai?

that thing was DAMN fast

szw
02-24-2003, 12:52 AM
yup that thing was cool!

A quick check of their boards will show that the infamous maroon accent we all love isn't a member, but they've met him once!

Some of you guys are too mean! They are trying!

finboy
02-24-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by szw
yup that thing was cool!

A quick check of their boards will show that the infamous maroon accent we all love isn't a member, but they've met him once!

Some of you guys are too mean! They are trying!

... and failing :D

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 12:56 AM
:rofl: ouch

mrmattyk
02-24-2003, 12:58 AM
I wonder if they (the hyundai tuners) will ever know this thread exists.

GTS Jeff
02-24-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by mrmattyk
I wonder if they (the hyundai tuners) will ever know this thread exists. i told my friend to forward a link to beyond.ca to the guy with the "speedville edition" accent haha

James
02-24-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
i told my friend to forward a link to beyond.ca to the guy with the "speedville edition" accent haha

Now THAT is just damn Mean!! :rofl:.....im still Laughing at that picture! :rofl:

mrmattyk
02-24-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
i told my friend to forward a link to beyond.ca to the guy with the "speedville edition" accent haha

:rofl:

I cant wait to see the results!!

finboy
02-24-2003, 01:11 AM
LOL, they are becoming the next streetkiaz.com

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 01:13 AM
oh man.. there's a kia one as well?!

finboy
02-24-2003, 01:14 AM
not in alberta.

they got flamed by SOOOO many boards.

50% of the topics on THEIR board were bashing kias.

Impreza
02-24-2003, 01:43 AM
this is such a hurting group!! i see them by my house all the time on friday nights during the summer!!

three.eighteen.
02-24-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by szw
yup that thing was cool!

blast! i was keeping an eye out for him too...

Redlyne_mr2
02-24-2003, 02:32 AM
http://www.members.shaw.ca/bowrepublik/images/Cudakit.jpg

http://www.members.shaw.ca/bowrepublik/images/newgrill.JPG
Fuck what a bunch of losers

redline_13000
02-24-2003, 02:55 AM
ahahaha, lmao, im gonna show up at one of those meets one time :D

girlRACER
02-24-2003, 03:00 AM
Are Hyundai Tiburons really that bad? :dunno:
I think the new ones are pretty nice, exterior wise, for that price range of cars. I don't really see anything wrong for wanting to get together with other car hobbyists that have the same cars.

CLiVE
02-24-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
Are Hyundai Tiburons really that bad? :dunno:
I think the new ones are pretty nice, exterior wise, for that price range of cars. I don't really see anything wrong for wanting to get together with other car hobbyists that have the same cars.

:werd: I met a few members of that club at a meet once. Most were pretty cool. A little too much neon for my taste, but as someone said before at least they're trying.

I don't think the new tiburons are that bad either...???:dunno:

mwmhong
02-24-2003, 09:14 AM
That dark blue Tiburon with the body kit looks okay :bigpimp:

A 5-point racing harness can save your life. :)

*Edited due to clarification and subsequent retraction and apology*

GingeRRRBeef
02-24-2003, 09:46 AM
hahaha

what do you guys say we crash their party one nite??? hehehe

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
hahaha

what do you guys say we crash their party one nite??? hehehe

:werd:

T5_X
02-24-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
http://www.members.shaw.ca/bowrepublik/images/Cudakit.jpg

Well, order of mods is a personal thing, so I won't comment on that.... and some people think they need sooooo much downforce to those rear wheels in a 140 horse FWD car... but for god's sake, look at your car's paint code BEFORE you paint your body kit!!!:rofl:

oh, that chrome fender trim that ends at the body kit is pretty :bigpimp: :rolleyes:

Aleks
02-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31

but for god's sake, look at your car's paint code BEFORE you paint your body kit!!!:rofl:

szw
02-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Its KDM style.

mrmattyk
02-24-2003, 04:50 PM
I saw this GSI-R guy or something listed as our newest member. I think it might be a Hyundai guy from that club.

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 05:17 PM
LOL.. dude's gotta look into this thread!

GTS Jeff
02-24-2003, 05:25 PM
oooops, just found out that one of my buds is a founding member of this club :rofl: :rofl:

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 06:43 PM
ouch that's harsh :rofl:

three.eighteen.
02-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31

but for god's sake, look at your car's paint code BEFORE you paint your body kit!!!:rofl:

lol, i could so see the guy getting it installed, and the shop asking about the paint..."uhh, i dunno, its blue..."

Pete92SL
02-24-2003, 07:29 PM

If i were to modify a lada, im sure you'd have something to say.
The accent has, and never will, have any expandibility in the realm of performance. Why try.
Lets be realistic pete. Hyundais suck.

actually no I wouldn't. Try doing out a Saturn man. I had the first one done out in the city. I had no repsect in it's first year. After it proved it's self against some cars the second year was better.

It's harsh man, people don't enjoy being bashed for something they love.

Pete

No.not.again
02-24-2003, 07:47 PM
I saw these guys on 36st last summer cruising and they were pissin' me off cuz they were takin' up 2 lanes and driving slower then a motherfucker! :banghead: They wouldn't let anyone pass 'em! Even grandma in a 300M beside me was eager to pass. :D

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by No.not.again
I saw these guys on 36st last summer cruising and they were pissin' me off cuz they were takin' up 2 lanes and driving slower then a motherfucker! :banghead: They wouldn't let anyone pass 'em! Even grandma in a 300M beside me was eager to pass. :D

Zephyr
02-24-2003, 08:46 PM
HYUNDAI: Hope You Understand Nothing's Driveable And Inexpensive...

GSI-RGUY
02-24-2003, 08:46 PM
I'm sorry that I must inform you of a Copyright infringement Violation of your web site. It has come to my attention that members of your form have Posted Content from "Alberta Hyundai Tuners Club" On your site with out Prior written Consent. My lawyer was Contacted this afternoon and i've been Told that in order to serve you with these papers we have to give you 24hours Prior notice for you to Either Correct your website or begin the court process. with in 24 hours I must receive your Name, Address, Phone# for my lawyer to contact you and or your lawyer. My lawyer will also ask for pertinent information about your users as to Contact these Person's involved. I highly Recommend for you to place a Notice up on your site indicating Copyright infringement and Slander are Not aloud as these two subjects will be brought up in any Court Process that may happen.
Again you have 24 hours to Remove this Content off your website 02/24/03

Finely I'm Dismayed that your site will allow your users to Trash talk and slander members of our club. as well as other members of the public and car enthusiasts

Yours Truely

==============================================

Please be advised that any further Slander Toward our Members will not be Tolerated and the Court process will be short and Sweet.

PS our Member with the seat Belts has them for safety not because he has a fast car.

GTS Jeff
02-24-2003, 08:53 PM
for future reference when u are trying to sound official and whatnot..

its "allowed" not "aloud"

your spelling mistakes and blatant miseuse of capital letters prove that u are 15 and that your threats are useless. a big "ha-ha" to u.

ps. leave my girls alone

KoukiS14
02-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by GSI-RGUY
I'm sorry that I must inform you of a Copyright infringement Violation of your web site. It has come to my attention that members of your form have Posted Content from "Alberta Hyundai Tuners Club" On your site with out Prior written Consent. My lawyer was Contacted this afternoon and i've been Told that in order to serve you with these papers we have to give you 24hours Prior notice for you to Either Correct your website or begin the court process. with in 24 hours I must receive your Name, Address, Phone# for my lawyer to contact you and or your lawyer. My lawyer will also ask for pertinent information about your users as to Contact these Person's involved. I highly Recommend for you to place a Notice up on your site indicating Copyright infringement and Slander are Not aloud as these two subjects will be brought up in any Court Process that may happen.
Again you have 24 hours to Remove this Content off your website 02/24/03

Finely I'm Dismayed that your site will allow your users to Trash talk and slander members of our club. as well as other members of the public and car enthusiasts

Yours Truely

==============================================

Please be advised that any further Slander Toward our Members will not be Tolerated and the Court process will be short and Sweet.

PS our Member with the seat Belts has them for safety not because he has a fast car.

R U FOR REAL.....bwahahahaha :rofl:

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
ps. leave my girls alone

:rofl: :rofl:

Zephyr
02-24-2003, 08:59 PM
i thought copyright was that u use the material for advertising, using it to promote a site etc etc. but this is a form, basically a chat room with speech rights (which i'm protected as an american citizen and dont forget, big bad war dude Bush is my guardian). it be like me getting a nike add and altering it and posting it around buildings and stuff.... its just freedom of speech. if you can't take trash thats thrown at you, dont then drive your car outside.

btw. if u post on world wide forums like SRO, IM etc. u will get the same bashing cuz other hyundai lovers got the same treatment.

GSI-RGUY
02-24-2003, 09:01 PM
All Contents from AHTC are Owned by its members. any piece of Content must have Written Concent to be used in Public for promotion etc... my lawyer says we have an open and shut case.

KoukiS14
02-24-2003, 09:09 PM
All Contents from AHTC are Owned by its members. any piece of Content must have Written Concent to be used in Public for promotion etc... my lawyer says we have an open and shut case.

Who's your lawyer? Lionel Hutz??

THREE40SEVEN
02-24-2003, 09:14 PM
Its not called slander, its called defamation. Get your legal terms straight. How much are you sueing for? What losses will you be claiming in court.
Both you and i know that pursuing this would be futile. Have your lawyer look into past cases of internet "slander".
You may pursue copyright enfringement if someone has used content off your website and claimed it as their own. I fail to see anything of the sort on this forum.

We have the right to our own opinions.

Do you think im going to seek legal action because some people have said "mustangs suck"? I wouldn't waste my time.
So, you're telling me that you are going to spend thousands of dollars to contest defamation of hyundais on this site?
I dont fucking think so.

You have no case.

GSI-RGUY
02-24-2003, 09:18 PM
robert williamson is my lawer if you look at our "Terms of Use Policy" it says in Detail what is aloud and what is not. the reason why we have this is to stop stuff like this from Comming up. I must say thanks to the few ppl that were trying to back us up. we'er a small club with big hearts and has helped out Fellow Tuners on the side of the road. we dont think our cars are better than anyone else's we just think our cars are better priced :)

Zephyr
02-24-2003, 09:20 PM
we just think our cars are better priced :)

u guys get that 100,000 mile or 10 year warranty too?

GSI-RGUY
02-24-2003, 09:23 PM
Those pictures are from our site. they were not given out with permission. I also don't expect any money but our clubs lawyer expects an apology and for Beyond to have stricter policies on the use of this kind of material in the future.

GSI-RGUY
02-24-2003, 09:25 PM
you know what i have no idea what our warrenty is i have yet have any problems with my car. the service in Calgary sucks however the service in Lethbridge is great! + it's Cheeper and a great Highway drive.

THREE40SEVEN
02-24-2003, 09:25 PM
"3. Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use."

"Non commercial home use" Exactly what we are ALL using it for. No business or individual is making any sort of profit or personal gain from it.
You didn't answer my question. Are you going to spend (waste) thousands of dollars to fight this?

tulit
02-24-2003, 09:26 PM
haha this is great.

Hows it a copyright issue anyways? All those images are LINKED off of your own website.

And its only defamation (or what you insist on calling slander) if its not true ;)

THREE40SEVEN
02-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Those pictures are from our site. they were not given out with permission. I also don't expect any money but our clubs lawyer expects an apology and for Beyond to have stricter policies on the use of this kind of material in the future.
Good luck man!
The owners have nothing to do with it. If they cant take down kazaa for copyright, you cant take down a forum for posting pictures of your car.
:thumbsup: all the best to ya.

GTS Jeff
02-24-2003, 09:28 PM
robert williamson is my lawer if you look at our "Terms of Use Policy" it says in Detail what is aloud and what is not. the reason why we have this is to stop stuff like this from Comming up. I must say thanks to the few ppl that were trying to back us up. we'er a small club with big hearts and has helped out Fellow Tuners on the side of the road. we dont think our cars are better than anyone else's we just think our cars are better priced :) geez! its ALLOWED not ALOUD. wont your lawyer teach u to SPELL?!

As well,

I must inform you that legal action is being taken at this very moment due to your repeated flooding of my personal email accounts and Private Message account. My legal team has copies all of your spam attempts and any future attempts by you to spam me can be used against you in the court of law. You have 24 hours to desist and comply with my wishes or court action will be taken.

Finally, I am sincerely disappointed in the baseless threats and accusations that you have laid upon myself. This will not be tolerated as the court process will soon prove to you.

HK2NR

Good luck man!
The owners have nothing to do with it. If they cant take down kazaa for copyright, you cant take down a forum for posting pictures.
:thumbsup: all the best to ya.

:werd:

Zephyr
you know what i have no idea what our warrenty is i have yet have any problems with my car. the service in Calgary sucks however the service in Lethbridge is great! + it's Cheeper and a great Highway drive.

at a car show the stupid hyundai sales kept trying to convince me to buy a hyundai and he kept shoving that warranty deal in my face. otherwise he didn't impress me one bit, and those articles from newspaper "hyundais have less horsepower than advertised" kinda made me not like hyundais as much. i dunno, hyundais kept a bad record for a while, its still yet to impress me... only thing i like r the headlights on the elentra..:rofl:

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
geez! its ALLOWED not ALOUD. wont your lawyer teach u to SPELL?!

As well,

I must inform you that legal action is being taken at this very moment due to your repeated flooding of my personal email accounts and Private Message account. My legal team has copies all of your spam attempts and any future attempts by you to spam me can be used against you in the court of law. You have 24 hours to desist and comply with my wishes or court action will be taken.

Finally, I am sincerely disappointed in the baseless threats and accusations that you have laid upon myself. This will not be tolerated as the court process will soon prove to you.

uh oh.. now THAT deserves legal matters:thumbsup:

tulit
02-24-2003, 09:30 PM

Other than the fact that if he's in a front end collision, he'll slide right out from under them and under the dash. Or if he rolls tje car, the first thing to break will be his neck.

hmm safe!

FiveFreshFish
02-24-2003, 09:31 PM

It's on your website, so it is in the public domain. You've given implicit permission by offering it on your website. This is the same as clipping a picture from a newspaper article and posting it in the lunch room.

PS - Welcome to Beyond! :D

Zephyr
02-24-2003, 09:32 PM

i thought all stock seat belts meet the required safety standards, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed on the market. the only unsafe thing is probably his driving. and i read if u do those harnesses on a stock seat u r more likely to get killed then saved. i dunno just 4 tuner shops told me that...

GSI-RGUY
02-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Beyond.ca is a Comercial Business. how is it Personal in anyway? these pictures are being posted in public which is not for personal use. at least that's what Robert said this afternoon.

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

i thought all stock seat belts meet the required safety standards, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed on the market. the only unsafe thing is probably his driving. and i read if u do those harnesses on a stock seat u r more likely to get killed then saved. i dunno just 4 tuner shops told me that...

is it even legal to put harnesses on a stock seat.. don't you need approved bucket seats? or is there even such thing as an approved bucket seat?

Zephyr
02-24-2003, 09:38 PM
i heard its illegal in the states to alter the belts without altering the seat, i dunno about canada. and i do know u have a higher risk of injury on a stock seat w/ an altered belt

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Beyond.ca is a Comercial Business. how is it Personal in anyway? these pictures are being posted in public which is not for personal use. at least that's what Robert said this afternoon.

how is it a commercial business? define business for me .. i'm a little slow :nut:... How is it personal in anyway....well we dont' pay to be a member of this forum for one thing.. secondly.. we don't make profit from this site.. third you need a new lawyer.....

Zephyr

i dont see a shop selling stuff on beyond. but there is a classified section. which is FREE

THREE40SEVEN
Beyond.ca is a Comercial Business. how is it Personal in anyway? these pictures are being posted in public which is not for personal use. at least that's what Robert said this afternoon. Comon man. You're just digging a verbal hole. Im afriad that robert has to go back to school and re read the law.
You will just have to settle with the fact that hyundais are not viewed by 95% of the public as an "enthusiasts" car, and modifications like powdercoated lug nut WILL be made fun of.
Sorry if you're hurt.

FiveFreshFish
02-24-2003, 09:41 PM
i heard its illegal in the states to alter the belts without altering the seat, i dunno about canada. and i do know u have a higher risk of injury on a stock seat w/ an altered belt

A lot of the injuries likely result from improper mounting of the harness. Also, the stock seat is not designed to accommodate a 4-, 5-, or 6-point harness.

Zephyr
02-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

A lot of the injuries likely result from improper mounting of the harness. Also, the stock seat is not designed to accommodate a 4-, 5-, or 6-point harness.

yay 1 pt for zephyr:clap: :clap:

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

yeah exactly what i was thinking.. there's no place to PROPERLY secure a 4+ point harness on stock seat

GSI-RGUY
02-24-2003, 09:44 PM
I was involved in a high speed accident while a passenger in a 300zx twin turbo in august of 97 we had 5 point Simpson racing belts with Regular seats and rolled multiple times, finely when we stopped we were upside down hanging looked at eachother and both said at the same time are you okay? my dad and I had not one bruise and a few scratches from the flying Glass. This is the reason why I use these harnesses. I also had it checked out at the police station to see if they were legal. as long as the papers verifying that they are up to standard codes they are fine and legal

LowRiderHD2000
02-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Who the fuck is robert?

Robert E. Williamson (Called Bob by his real clients, with real issues) is a lawyer who's head office is in Vernon but also has a license to practice law in Alberta.

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 09:45 PM
WHAT THE HELL YOU DO TO THAT POOR 300zx!!! :cry:

Zephyr
02-24-2003, 09:46 PM
one time i wore a seat belt and i forgot i had it on and walked out (well tried to) and i was pulled back and hit my head hahaha ... good times good times

szw
02-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Good thing your roof didn't cave in.

GSI-RGUY
02-24-2003, 09:47 PM
The roof on my side did cave in about 3"

HK2NR
02-24-2003, 09:47 PM
one time i wore a seat belt and i forgot i had it on and walked out (well tried to) and i was pulled back and hit my head hahaha ... good times good times

:rofl: :rofl:

Zephyr
02-24-2003, 09:55 PM
so what were we talking about before we got side tracked to seat belts? :rofl:

KoukiS14
02-24-2003, 09:57 PM
On a more serious note..what the heck is a Hyundai Accent GSI-R?

Someone please elaborate.

Weapon_R
02-24-2003, 09:58 PM
robert williamson is my lawer if you look at our "Terms of Use Policy" it says in Detail what is aloud and what is not. the reason why we have this is to stop stuff like this from Comming up. I must say thanks to the few ppl that were trying to back us up. we'er a small club with big hearts and has helped out Fellow Tuners on the side of the road

Give it up man.

Stop trying to pursue your legal papers, documents, and your baseless threats toward beyond users for disliking your choice in vehicle.

Do you actually think anyone here is going to be held liable for defamation of your website for making a few jokes on your choice of vehicle? Further to that, this website is a public domain message board, and expresses the views and opinions of thousands of users, and not necessarily the views of the owners of this website.

It would be easier for you to sue someone for defamation for scribling a hate note on the bathroom wall of your schools toilet than it would be to hold everyone in this board accountable for not agreeing with your choice of vehicle. In comparison, correspondence in a bathroom stall could be compared to this message board.

Section 2b of the Charter allows for:

"Freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;" Find yourself a new lawyer, or ask your present one to review this document clearly as he must of skipped class that day.

Bottom line is, your arguments have no merit. They cannot be pursued. This message board represents the OPINIONS, BELIEFS, and FREEDOMS of the members of this board, and cannot be denied to anyone here. Secondly, the use of your pictures is entirely legal as they are not being promoted for profit or sold to anyone. The fact that you have placed them on your website makes them public domain and available for the entire public. Lastly, I find it hard to believe that you are going to pursue all of this money, time and effort in order to receive an apology from Beyond.ca.

Zephyr
02-24-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by NismoS14
On a more serious note..what the heck is a Hyundai Accent GSI-R?

Someone please elaborate.

i thought it was some cheezey bite off of GSR.... :dunno: