PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Feeler Gauge

AllGoNoShow
11-28-2005, 11:56 AM
As the topic says I need a feeler guage or gauge or whatever it is.

I mainly need 0.30mm - 0.35mm so 0.012 to 0.014 inches.
But would like them all to be there in a set as I may use them on other cars.

Let me know whatcha got!

78si
11-28-2005, 01:59 PM
They are aproximately $10 at any parts store.

CRX-R
11-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Auto Value $10
or...
I'll sell you mine and deliver for $50

:D

white rice
11-28-2005, 02:33 PM
man, go to princess auto. SHIT

P.S: CRX-R i love you twisted sence of humor.

AllGoNoShow
11-28-2005, 03:58 PM
oh shit thats it?

How accurate are they or they the cheap ones?

white rice
11-28-2005, 08:34 PM
what do you need them for???????

sluggish
11-28-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm guesing that if you have to ask how accurate feeler gauges are, They're probably more accurate than you're qualified to use. :rolleyes:

Honda_002
11-28-2005, 09:31 PM
just curious what's a feeler guage?

AllGoNoShow
11-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by sluggish
I'm guesing that if you have to ask how accurate feeler gauges are, They're probably more accurate than you're qualified to use. :rolleyes:

Well considering there is different tolerances different machine shops use, I have the right to ask how accurate they are. Working in a factory with a machine shop, shit can go crazy if its out 10th of a thousandth. If all you have is smart comments, keep them to yourself.

AllGoNoShow
11-28-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Honda_002

Thin pieces of metal with certin thinknesses, used for setting valves in my case, used for many other things.

AllGoNoShow
11-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by white rice
what do you need them for??????? Setting valves on my BMW and doing them on a couple of honda engines aswell to see if it helps with their valve tick.

QuasarCav
11-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Honda_002

It can take various forms, some look like a swiss army knife with lots of thin pieces of metal. They vary in thickness and you use it for valve adjustments. Also the metal loop type for gapping your spark plugs.

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

Well considering there is different tolerances different machine shops use, I have the right to ask how accurate they are. Working in a factory with a machine shop, shit can go crazy if its out 10th of a thousandth. If all you have is smart comments, keep them to yourself.

So you want to feeler gauge to recheck their work?

AllGoNoShow
11-28-2005, 10:50 PM
No i want a feeler guage to redo my valves. The part about the accuracy was whats his face attacking me saying if I don't trust the accuracy I shouldn't be using one. Well when it is a cheaply build feeler guage shit isn't what it says it is, which is what I am trying to avoid. Last thing anyone wants is their cam being worn down prematurly because some $10 feeler guage said it was accurate and ends up costing over $1,500.

sluggish
11-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Don't get your panties in a knot. I'm just kidding around.:D

white rice
11-29-2005, 12:30 PM
listen, if your valvetrain is worth over 1500 bucks, and you are not comfortable buy guages from princess auto, them spend the extra money and buy a snap on brand or some shit.

but before you do, let me ask you this, you go into superstore to buy some cereal, you find the cherios and a big yellow box called Mr. O's. Mr. O's are 4 bcks cheaper, buy do you think that They'll taste 4 buck less. NO. probably not, they were probably made by the same manufacturer, and labeled differently.

also these are feeler guages, these were made for accurate measuring of mechanical parts. you need to remember this. if you are still pariniod about the thicknesses of feeler guages, i'd be more than happy to whip out the digital caliper and micrometer to verify the thicknesses so it will make you sleep well at night.

AllGoNoShow
11-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Actually it would and now that you bring it up my dad has one sititng downstairs, should get it recalibrated since it probably hasnt been used in awhile and check out the one I'm going to be using.

And yes I would go for the 4$ more cherrios.

Have you bought Special K? Now have you bought Special K with freeze dried raspberrys? Now have you had special K with REAL reaspberrys?

The one with the real raspberrys may have cost you more but they taste real, they are better for you, they are worth the money. Same thing with cherrios and Mr O's or feeler guages.

jayd
12-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Get a "Go-No-Go" Feeler Guage .. Go to the parts store and ask for one, very accurate. I got mine at House of tools 20 bucks.

Hope that helps