PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Bodyshops in Calgary Area

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Phuqu
12-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by forced_eg
does screamin do actuall body repairs?? or paint and panels and such

We are an AMVIC licensed collision repair facility.

We are equipped to handle all types of repairs including collision.

adidas
12-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Another one for Screamin Paintworks :thumbsup:

Did a great job on the repair and it was returned to me fairly quickly! :)

integra_xsi
12-19-2007, 08:10 PM
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW GOOD A BODY SHOP IS ASK THEM THESE QUESTIONS....

Body: What grade of sandpaper is the body work finished in?
If they are finishing it, less than 180 paper the scrathes will show up 6 months down the road when the paint is cured.

Ask if they use Lead to do repairs. Lead is used in many high end shops

Prepping: are they wetsanding it or just machine sanding the damaged area. if its not finished in 800 or higher the scratches will show up. Also is the primer checked for sandscratches before it is masked for paint. A high end shop wont leave sand scrathes in the primer.

Painting: Ask if the dust nibs are sanded out on the base coat before the clear coat is applied.

Detail: The detailer should also remove the dust nibs that are on the clearcoat before the customer picks up the car.

I Recommend: Maranello's, Contemporary Coachworks, Distinctive Autoworks, Exotic cars international, and Continental European Autobody

Redlyne_mr2
12-19-2007, 11:12 PM
1 more for screamin.. got me in and out.. flawless work.

Bimmer88
12-20-2007, 01:15 AM
I've gotta say Screamin is awesome for dealing with my BS, because I've been meaning to get my car in and out but don't have time and other people looked at it and trie to fix it but I guess it's the consequences I have to deal with by not bring it to the right people in the first place.

Cheers to Dan and Dave at Screamin. :clap:

9taccord
02-03-2008, 02:58 AM
Does Screamin deal with any cars (Honda/Acura)?

My rear A-Spec lip has some minor cosmetic damage on my 2006 TL and I'd like to get it taken care of this spring. As cheap as I can for good a "factory" look.

How about Refine Automotive... good place for an exterior detail? clay/polish/wax?

dragonone
02-21-2008, 08:58 PM
my vote goes to Screamin':thumbsup:
Dave drove me twice, and did an excellent job on my mugen grill, spoon spoiler, and oem lip kit

would go back again but gotta save up first:bigpimp:

w_man
02-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Calgary Coach Works :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

and :thumbsdow

:)

canadiandaytona
02-21-2008, 09:30 PM
If only screamin would get back to me :(

jdm_eg6
03-12-2008, 11:02 PM
+2 For Screamin :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
-1 for Contemporary Coach works (they doubled screamins quote!!!):thumbsdow

yella-dRAgon
03-12-2008, 11:10 PM
+1 screamin! waiting to get my car back!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kloubek
03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Gotta go with Screamin too. They gave me the 2nd lowest quote out of four, and were tied for friendliness.

Crymson
03-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by canadiandaytona
If only screamin would get back to me :(

agreed! I was down over 2 months ago, and i never got a quote back. I'm sure they're busy, or mabey it fell behind the desk or something.

dragonone
03-18-2008, 10:55 AM
did u actually go there to get a quote? i got mine on the spot with dave

Crymson
03-18-2008, 11:13 AM
naw. Dave said he'd call me, but never did.

SilverRex
03-18-2008, 12:36 PM
speaking of bodyshops

what is the best bodyshop if I wanted to install hood pins on my carbon fiber hood?

and also for removing door dents in the car frame? I checked out dent clinic but I think they charge 125.00 for the 1st dent and 25 each after but for one dent thats quite expensive. any other recommendations?

Mr_ET
03-18-2008, 01:14 PM
+1 For Screamin' from me too thx for the great work Dan!

adam c
03-25-2008, 04:18 PM
bump...

car hit me in a parking lot today.. need some work done, most likely rear quarter panel replacement. went to A1 autobody but they are booking april 20 just for estimates..

what is the best bodyshop recommended? also are there any adjustors/estimators on this board that could help me out?
I'm with TD Meloche Monnex

LLPP
03-31-2008, 01:45 PM
I had shoddy work done at Hallmark Autobody in Calgary and then was abused for pointing it out to them. I spoke with a rude gentleman named Joe Borrelli who is apparently the owner. I had my car fixed there after an accident and a year later the paint started to flake off the front bumper. Being as relatively unknowledgeable as I am about cars, I just figured someone had backed into me in a parking lot or something so I let it go until I took it in to my regular repairman for something else and asked him to repaint the bumper while he had it. He originally quoted me $300 for the job but called me a few days later to tell me he'd have to charge me $500 because the shop that had replaced my bumper had not put primer on and that's why it was flaking off!! It was a painstaking job for him because it was hard to remove the paint in some spots. When I called Joe he swore and told me it wasn't true that they'd not put primer on and that he couldn't help me and hung up in my face. I would like to add that Mr. Borelli also called into question the integrity of my mechanic and refused to speak with him, even though he says he's known him for more than 40 years! His name is Rob and he is with Stevo Auto Clinic which I note has a perfect rating with the BBB and, unlike Hallmark, has had zero complaints filed against them. Additionally he was recommended to me by a client who has used him for years and attests to the man's honest reputation...He did a super job and has very reasonable rates if you are looking for a good mechanic that specializes in German cars.
I have filed a complaint with the BBB and will take them to small claims court if they don't refund my money.

LLPP
03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
I had shoddy work done at Hallmark Autobody in Calgary and then was abused for pointing it out to them. I spoke with a rude gentleman named Joe Borrelli who is apparently the owner. I had my car fixed there after an accident and a year later the paint started to flake off the front bumper. Being as relatively unknowledgeable as I am about cars, I just figured someone had backed into me in a parking lot or something so I let it go until I took it in to my regular repairman for something else and asked him to repaint the bumper while he had it. He originally quoted me $300 for the job but called me a few days later to tell me he'd have to charge me $500 because the shop that had replaced my bumper had not put primer on and that's why it was flaking off!! It was a painstaking job for him because it was hard to remove the paint in some spots. When I called Joe he swore and told me it wasn't true that they'd not put primer on and that he couldn't help me and hung up in my face. I would like to add that Mr. Borelli also called into question the integrity of my mechanic and refused to speak with him, even though he says he's known him for more than 40 years! His name is Rob and he is with Stevo Auto Clinic which I note has a perfect rating with the BBB and, unlike Hallmark, has had zero complaints filed against them. Additionally he was recommended to me by a client who has used him for years and attests to the man's honest reputation...He did a super job and has very reasonable rates if you are looking for a good mechanic that specializes in German cars.
I have filed a complaint with the BBB and will take them to small claims court if they don't refund my money.

jdmSiR
03-31-2008, 11:25 PM
thumbs up for Screamin' Paintworks and the nice gun metal grey they hooked up on my sir./

Daan
04-01-2008, 06:47 PM
A1 Autobody
thumbs down from me

Paint is coming of a rear bumper painted by them half a year ago

Daan
04-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Screaming paintworks

Thumbs up for Dan for an amazing job done on my front bumper ground effects

joech
04-30-2008, 10:13 AM
A1 :thumbsdow

I had to go back there 4 time to fix the key scratch on the passenger side.

1. different color
2. primer on door jam.
3. line on rear door jam where they taped and painted. The painter have no idea or too lazy to blend the color in.
4. They finally fix it and I will never go there with a 10 foot pole.

Darkstar13
05-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi, has anyone heard anything good about Killer Kolours paintshop. They seem to do some high end custom work for a small company. I'm considering taking my girlfriend's car to get some small collision damage fixed. Any feedback would be appreciated.

88CRX
05-22-2008, 08:40 AM
You can add another :thumbsup: for Screamin' Paintworks.

They're fast, reasonably priced and their quality is still great.

G3500
05-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
You can add another :thumbsup: for Screamin' Paintworks.

They're fast, reasonably priced and their quality is still great.

+1 for Screamin' Paintworks

TurboD
07-19-2008, 04:24 PM
big :thumbsdow for Screamin' Paintworks

i went to screamin after reading all the thumbs up comments on beyond, they are close to home, so i had them refinish and paint my front end (fenders bumper hood) and wing, along with all my moldings painted black.

car was returned with an obscene amount of dust under the paint on both driver side and passenger side lower moldings.

took it back, he was good about fixing it quickly for me.

today i do the first wash since getting it back from the body shop, and there is overspray on:

3/4 RIMS all over the rims, lip, everywhere. and the rims have hex bolts around the lip, try getting overspray off of there!

all windows have various patches of overspray

BOTH front fenders have overspray

doors have light overspray.

and thats just what ive found so far.

they also didnt care about properly masking my tire when they painted my front fenders, so they got red paint on my tires that have less than 1000kms on them.

i dont know if i got the idiot newbie that just started or something, but i was given HALF ASSED work and some of the lowest quality body work.
i have never seen a body shop deliver a vehicle with so much lack of detail and carelessness.

now i have to spend my entire weekend with a clay bar and fix THEIR mistakes.

i will never give them any more business, and if anyone ever asks me for body shop advice i will tell them to stay away from screamin.

the service i got was some of the lowest quality i have ever seen or heard of.

R!zz0
07-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by TurboD
big :thumbsdow for Screamin' Paintworks

i went to screamin after reading all the thumbs up comments on beyond, they are close to home, so i had them refinish and paint my front end (fenders bumper hood) and wing, along with all my moldings painted black.

car was returned with an obscene amount of dust under the paint on both driver side and passenger side lower moldings.

took it back, he was good about fixing it quickly for me.

today i do the first wash since getting it back from the body shop, and there is overspray on:

3/4 RIMS all over the rims, lip, everywhere. and the rims have hex bolts around the lip, try getting overspray off of there!

all windows have various patches of overspray

BOTH front fenders have overspray

doors have light overspray.

and thats just what ive found so far.

they also didnt care about properly masking my tire when they painted my front fenders, so they got red paint on my tires that have less than 1000kms on them.

i dont know if i got the idiot newbie that just started or something, but i was given HALF ASSED work and some of the lowest quality body work.
i have never seen a body shop deliver a vehicle with so much lack of detail and carelessness.

now i have to spend my entire weekend with a clay bar and fix THEIR mistakes.

i will never give them any more business, and if anyone ever asks me for body shop advice i will tell them to stay away from screamin.

the service i got was some of the lowest quality i have ever seen or heard of.

I'm very shocked to hear this. So far, screaming has been the best for me and my friends. I'm assuming someone in their shop other then Dan or Dave has worked on your car.

TurboD
07-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0

I'm very shocked to hear this. So far, screaming has been the best for me and my friends. I'm assuming someone in their shop other then Dan or Dave has worked on your car.

i get the feeling it must have been someone else working on my car as well.

but this is important to know, because shops dont get a good name by having one person that does good work and one person that treats cars like garbage.

i think a bad review like this is something screamin' probably needs to ensure they continue to provide quality work so no one else goes to their shop like me with huge recommends and comes out upset.

Phuqu
07-19-2008, 11:00 PM

i get the feeling it must have been someone else working on my car as well.

but this is important to know, because shops dont get a good name by having one person that does good work and one person that treats cars like garbage.

i think a bad review like this is something screamin' probably needs to ensure they continue to provide quality work so no one else goes to their shop like me with huge recommends and comes out upset.

As an owner of Screamin' Paintworks I intend to correct any shortcomings that may have happened while your car was in our care.

Shops do not get a good name by having anyone treat a car like garbage. They earn that good name by taking care of customers, taking care of the products and services they offer and to take care of any concerns that a customer may have.

We appreciate feedback good or bad. We are not perfect. Sometimes items may get missed or we may not meet a customers expectations for whatever reason. We back what we do and given the chance to fix any concerns I assure you that any issues you have will be taken care of. Unfortunately these concerns can not be taken care of on an internet forum. Nor can they be taken care of if we are unaware of any shortcomings.

Screamin' Paintworks will happily handle your concerns in person in a timely manner. The issues you are having with your car is something that is not acceptable. We back what we do and appreciate the chance to rectify any shortcomings.

Please contact myself or Dave at your earliest convenience.

89s1
07-20-2008, 02:06 AM
I was at the pub with him tonight, he should be happy to see this reply.

TurboD
07-20-2008, 02:54 AM
the thing is, the car was brought back for the problems that are fixable.

but for paint on tires, and overspray covering the entire vehicle, this is something that i dont have time to waste with a body shop to make right.

my point is, before a car leaves your shop you should check it, and if you are missing major things like overspray and red paint on tires there is something wrong.

and its not about me wanting something fixed, screamin did a good job fixing the immediate problems, but when it comes to quality of work a public forum has a right to know that screamin' paint works is not what everyone on beyond cracks it up to be.

owner of screamin paintworks: would you agree that no customer of yours should have to bring overspray covering the entire vehicle to your attention? would you agree that as a company you are embarassed to hand over a car in that condition?

the work was completed, paid for and i dont need or want anything further from screamin' paintworks, i cannot afford to take anymore time off work to mess around with these issues.

i just want people to know that there is a chance you could have a similar situation as mine, and if you want to get your work done in one shot, maybe its worth checking out some other shop reviews.

the bottom line is, i needed this car for a beyond cruise this sunday, and when i find out sat afternoon that i have my entire car covered in overspray, its obvious that i dont have time to call up the shop and work something out. i took matters into my own hands, and i shouldn't have had to. i should have been able to wash the car today spend my day doing other things, but instead i had to pull out the clay bar and go over the entire vehicle and make sure there was no overspray left. which will take many more hours to remove all of it, as it is literally in every crevis of the car.

im just saying, get your quality control boots on and take some pride in your work, especially when its clear that the owner of the car takes pride in it.

i just can't say enough about quality of work, i would be embarassed as a shop to have a car delivered with overspray. like my car wasnt worth masking off.

i honestly wouldn't want to bring the car back to screamin' because i would be worried it would come back with even more overspray.

maybe im way off base though, maybe the customer has to stress to the body shop that they mask the rest of the car while its painted, maybe i just wasn't clear that i wanted you to care about my car. next time i go to a body shop ill have to sit down and make sure they understand that i wish to have the rest of the car masked while they paint near or on it?

the person to person service was amazing at screamin', some of the best customer service ive been given in calgary, but the quality of work was low, very low.

i wanted to add another thumbs up to the list for sreamin, and i was intending on after a couple mistakes that were fixed quickly, but this overspray thing cannot go without mentioning.

overspray for the most part can be corrected by the owner, especially if the owner knows a thing or two about caring for a vehicle. and im also the type of person that doesn't like to let a shop work on my car for me, i like to do my own work as much as possible. but if i dont have a paint booth i have no choice but to put the car in the hands of a pro. im willing to take the time to remove the overspray on my own time, im not complaining about my labour, i jump at the chance to work on my own car, even if it involves removing overspray....

when i brought my car to screamin' it was because the reviews said "this shop is the best, they pay attention to detail, they will take care of you"

what i found was "this shop can make major and very easily avoided errors, BUT they would love to have you bring these to their attention and have them fixed"

Phuqu
07-20-2008, 03:45 AM
TurboD

As my first post indicated that we are more than willing to rectify any issues you may have I do appreciate the comment about the customer service you received.

With not allowing us to rectify any issues with your car I feel I should no longer comment on this thread relating to our shortcomings on your car.

I offer a public apology from Screamin' Paintworks.

With feedback from customers whether good or bad we can use this feedback to tighten up quality control.

If there are any issues with our work we will take the steps to rectify any problem.

aznryguy
08-08-2008, 06:14 PM
thumbs up for dave at screamin looks real good got front bumper done today!

flipstah
08-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Hello everyone.

I'm just here to check out another potential bodyshop to do my paintjob as Screamin' Paintworks has really let me down.

Weeks ago, I talked to Dave who would agree upon checking out my car to see how much it would cost. He checked it out and gave us a fair quote, to which all parties agreed on. He had me scheduled in for August 11 (today) to bring the car in to get it started. I was quite happy.

Till today.

I call in just now to ask if I can bring in the car in early for I have lectures later and to my disappointment, he tells me that I needed to be rescheduled. I was disappointed and a little aggravated to hear this with no heads up whatsover, but I asked when is the earliest time to get it done, which was the 25th. I politely declined and here I am.

My complaint is not the rescheduling itself but rather the little warning he gave me. I do understand that they are quite busy (they are the popular place here in the forums,) but if you aren't able to get it done at the time agreed, at least give the customer some heads up. Two parties have mutually agreed to get something done and if one of them can't fulfill the agreement, that party should have done their best to mitigate the problem.

TurboD
08-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Hello everyone.

I'm just here to check out another potential bodyshop to do my paintjob as Screamin' Paintworks has really let me down.

Weeks ago, I talked to Dave who would agree upon checking out my car to see how much it would cost. He checked it out and gave us a fair quote, to which all parties agreed on. He had me scheduled in for August 11 (today) to bring the car in to get it started. I was quite happy.

Till today.

I call in just now to ask if I can bring in the car in early for I have lectures later and to my disappointment, he tells me that I needed to be rescheduled. I was disappointed and a little aggravated to hear this with no heads up whatsover, but I asked when is the earliest time to get it done, which was the 25th. I politely declined and here I am.

My complaint is not the rescheduling itself but rather the little warning he gave me. I do understand that they are quite busy (they are the popular place here in the forums,) but if you aren't able to get it done at the time agreed, at least give the customer some heads up. Two parties have mutually agreed to get something done and if one of them can't fulfill the agreement, that party should have done their best to mitigate the problem.

it might be a good thing you didnt get in, they might have rushed your job.
i removed my wing they painted and installed and i found that whoever painted it was so spun out that they painted the rubber pads that protect the paint on the hatch deck.
:nut: :thumbsdow

forget masking anything important, just paint the damn thing!

lol

flipstah
08-21-2008, 12:51 AM
According to everyone who posted, it's a thumbs down for AAA Auto Repair.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2559090#post2559090

:thumbsdow

TomcoPDR
09-10-2008, 01:45 PM

it might be a good thing you didnt get in, they might have rushed your job.
i removed my wing they painted and installed and i found that whoever painted it was so spun out that they painted the rubber pads that protect the paint on the hatch deck.
:nut: :thumbsdow

forget masking anything important, just paint the damn thing!

lol

Thumbs :thumbsup: for Dan @ Screamin' Paintworks... TurboD, why would you want the gasket area of the spoiler painted anyways?

Sorry I've never wrote a review since I didn't think Screamin' needed anymore backup... but anyways, so about 1 or 1.5 years ago my cousin called me "SCREAMING" (no pun) on the phone how [/b]SHE[/b] side swiped her door/side to a stationary parking post :nut:

SHE wanted me to do everything for her (first seeing if I could fix it using Paintless, but it's a bodyshop job for sure, for me to book it into a shop which the outcome I'll be liable for :banghead:, for me to take her vehicle in and probably even deliver to her door after, I live in deep South, she's in deep North, blah blah, maybe even pay for her repairs too :dunno: )

Anyhow, that year (I think end 2006, 2007), all the decent Calgary and surrounding (Red Deer, Medicine Hat, even High River) bodyshops were really really booked up (8-10 months)... Called Dan and explained the situation, then got my cousin to deal with him.

He was able to fit in her within reasonably. Explain everything to her that I already did, etc...

I saw the vehicle after the repair when I was back in Calgary, since I wanted a free lunch for hooking her up with a contact. So I saw Screamin' repair in person, the vehicle was like a 1995-96 Acura Integra, bright racing RED (no-metallic flakes), which is a really hard color to mix and blend in (not complete vehicle repaint), as this particular color on the Integras fade quickly over time.

But the color was really close to the other body panels that didn't needed painted, all the interior trim panels that were transfer to the new door replacement were perfectly aligned, no loose parts, etc..

She said the prices were clearly explained to her, her options for the repair (either repair, replace, etc...), she was going to U at the time too and she was posted along the way. (but she had other vehicles to drive)

Disclaimer: Anyways, I do NOT get paid by Screamin' for writing this, lol... We're in a different but yet similar "body - work" industry.

Crymson
09-18-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm looking for a fresh coat of paint on my Rx-7 and Maranello says' "they don't work on cars older than 2000".

I have to give a big thumbs down to them for that attitude.

Perceptionist
09-18-2008, 08:14 PM
:thumbsup: for A-1 Autobody, I've been there numerous times and no complaints

Toms-SC
09-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm sticking this thread. If there are any similar threads after this I will destroy that thread. :thumbsup: Carry on.

Aglaia
11-16-2008, 04:19 PM
My thumbs up go to Screamin' Paintworks. I went there based on the recommendation on this site and am very, very happy with the result. Of the places I shopped around at, they gave me the best offer, didn't seem to screw you over like so many places, and offer personal service. They even offered to be there on Remembrance Day so that I could take my car in on my day off and not have to take time off during a workday.

nighthawk2006
11-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Had lots of trouble with the workmanship and quality. Had to take it back 3 times and I'm sure in a couple years there'll be rust around that repair. Biggest issue was with the paint.

AliXJ
11-20-2008, 02:01 PM
A1 and Horton Autobody has done good work on my cars.

I stay away from Contemporary Coachworks, Had a friend get pushed and shoved of the the lot by the owner and a couple of big employees, he was not satisfied with the paint match on his Honda. He was even very polite and not wanting to cause a issue, he had to go back later to pick the car up with his dad and a cop on the street.

That.Guy.S30
11-26-2008, 12:54 AM
got my truck back from maranellos auto refinishing. and once again i am amazed at the quality of work they do. it looks better than the day i got it. AGAIN. would recommend to anyone without hesitation.

TomcoPDR
12-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Didn't wanted to add ANOTHER "bodyshop" thread so I'm just making this an official thread since it's pretty long running.

Screamin' Paintworks did a replica Civic FD2 Type-R spoiler install on an Acura CSX.

From coordination to final transformation, everything went smoothly. Complete vehicle wash when delivered.

The install was clean and crisp, due to the fact that it's a replica the quality and alignment WITHIN the actual spoiler wasn't quite 100% which isn't the jobber (shop)'s fault... Paint tone, sheen and shine matched up nicely. I've looked at it in the sun (photos taken at night)

I imformed Dave my biggest concern was cost on this project, because of the possibility that Type-R (new) spoiler might not cover factory 3rd brake lamp hole. (if not, then hole need to be welded and entire trunk repainted)... Then Dave assured that before any work or price changes he'll keep me posted. (original quote and job is just to paint new spoiler and install)

Anyways, the new spoiler covered all factory holes.

IMO sometimes it's just nice to know that the actual owners are doing the bitch work and care about the outcome since they probably don't wanna hear ppl bitchin'...

So all in all, smooth and easy transcation. Contact them here (still waiting to read something on this "under construction site" for years :rofl: ) http://www.screaminpaintworks.com/

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/Acura5.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/Acura6.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/Acura8.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/Acura7.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/Acura3.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/Acura.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/Acura1.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/Acura2.jpg

01RedDX
02-13-2009, 01:46 PM

Ukyo8
02-27-2009, 11:19 PM
:thumbsup: for Screamin Paintworks, they did a great job!

AllGoNoShow
03-01-2009, 02:35 AM
Updated

Originally posted by Toms-SC
I'm sticking this thread. If there are any similar threads after this I will destroy that thread. :thumbsup: Carry on.

civicluva
03-10-2009, 12:11 PM
I just had some work done at Telkor Collision and Refinishing and was very impressed with the quality and attention to detail.

Not too mention an excellent detail job when I picked the vehicle up :thumbsup:

veedub
03-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Screamin' Paintworks:thumbsup: thanks dan... i will get that jdm bumper somehow

will have pics up when the snow is gone

e36bmw///
03-23-2009, 06:48 PM
nm

sh0ko
05-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by AliXJ
Horton Autobody has done good work on my cars.

do NOT get me started on these guys

max_boost
05-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Figure I throw in my 0.02 with Screaming Paintworks. They've come through so well for me the previous 3X I dealt with them (2 aero kits plus 1 collision repair) that I am very disappointed how my latest experience went. I'm a repeat customer with money to spend, not some 18 year old wasting time.

I got an estimate done for minor collision repair for $2K about a month ago. Other party doesn't want to go through insurance etc. so I have to get him to OK things before proceeding.

Called Screaming and left a message on Wed 13th for Dan. No phone call back.

Called and left a message again on Tues 19th. No phone call back.

Called and left a message again on Mon 25th but this time I was told they would call me back between 12-1pm to book me in. Guess what? No phone call back.

Too busy to return a phone call? Must be. Still unacceptable though. Whatever, it's done with. I went over to National Collision down the street and Derrick hooked me up nicely.

With that said, it's business and nothing personal. I'm sure Screaming will continue to do a good job for its customers.

In short:

:thumbsup: National Collision
:thumbsdow Screaming Paintworks

/rant

Destinova403
05-27-2009, 01:45 AM
my experience with National Collision

all positive

thought i should add it to this thread

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/262681/national-collision/

SteeleMX3
01-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Domestic/Import Autobody kicks ass, awesome prices if your willing to give em a bit of a haggle...works every time:thumbsup:

G-ZUS
01-20-2010, 10:25 PM
There's a lebanese guy who works on a farm just east of the city, does wicked work for cheaper then you would pay at a shop...I just got a bumper and fender back from him can't even tell it was fixed. Don't know the exact address but pm me if you want directions to him.

01RedDX
01-21-2010, 12:01 AM

Phuqu
01-21-2010, 02:01 AM
At this time I can't offer an explanation as to why it was missed. I will try to figure out what/where it went wrong. If you are still interested in having the repairs done we can offer some sort of additional service as our apology. Of course we will need to know who and what vehicle it is as we don't request Beyond usernames when we book cars in.

There are times when customers leave messages on our answering machine and leave little information to go on. Some leave no number. Some leave first name only. Some speak so fast we can't understand the message.

Dave and I are brothers and we have customers mistake us for each other on the phone and in person

There are plenty of reasons why some customers may have delays in getting their vehicle booked in. None of them should be used as an excuse.

If this happens to a customer it is usually the exception and not the rule.

We have email address that is on our business cards and we have now included them on the estimates themselves.

We both have Blackberry phones with email so if in the future there are issues with a phone message not being returned in a timely manner please use the email address.

That way there can be less chance of a message being missed.

My address is dan (at) screaminpaintworks.com

Dave's is dave (at) screaminpaintworks.com

Rest assured we are working to improve every customers experience from the first phone call to final delivery.

If there is anything we can do please let us know.

It is your feedback that makes our service better.

Dan

Screamin' Paintworks Ltd.
2 4101 19 ST NE
403 291 3171

2EFNFAST
01-21-2010, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Phuqu

How about 50% discounts on paint&bodywork for LeMans car replicas .... I mean, what's the chance anybody would ever try to cash in on that deal :angel: :angel:

Mr_ET
01-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Phuqu
At this time I can't offer an explanation as to why it was missed. I will try to figure out what/where it went wrong. If you are still interested in having the repairs done we can offer some sort of additional service as our apology. Of course we will need to know who and what vehicle it is as we don't request Beyond usernames when we book cars in.

There are times when customers leave messages on our answering machine and leave little information to go on. Some leave no number. Some leave first name only. Some speak so fast we can't understand the message.

Dave and I are brothers and we have customers mistake us for each other on the phone and in person

There are plenty of reasons why some customers may have delays in getting their vehicle booked in. None of them should be used as an excuse.

If this happens to a customer it is usually the exception and not the rule.

We have email address that is on our business cards and we have now included them on the estimates themselves.

We both have Blackberry phones with email so if in the future there are issues with a phone message not being returned in a timely manner please use the email address.

That way there can be less chance of a message being missed.

My address is dan (at) screaminpaintworks.com

Dave's is dave (at) screaminpaintworks.com

Rest assured we are working to improve every customers experience from the first phone call to final delivery.

Dan

Screamin' Paintworks Ltd.
2 4101 19 ST NE
403 291 3171

emailed both addresses as I was also expecting a call back from Dave 2 weeks ago and have not gotten any yet.

This would also be the 3rd time I bring a car to you guys and have been very satisfied with both times prior to that so hopefully we can sort this all out:thumbsup:

AllGoNoShow
01-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Updated, thanks everyone keep them coming!

?????
03-11-2010, 05:19 PM
:thumbsdow for National.
Brought a car in for a new bumper and paint. Looked like they only fixed the old bumper and repainted it. My reason being the fitment and a slight bulge where the original bumper was damaged.

mybeyond
03-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Thanks you posts, learned a lot:thumbsup:

Teggy
03-19-2010, 08:23 AM
POWER CHIEF!!!14032773838

kbye
03-31-2010, 03:44 PM
:thumbsup: for Dan at screamin', did awesome job fixing my rocker panel on my CSX.

also since i was paying for rental out of my own pocket, Dan was considerate enough and stayed late to finish the job. In the end it was a 1-day turnaround. definitely recommend.

stevieo
03-31-2010, 05:32 PM
I just got my car back from Screamin' Paintworks on monday

thank you guys for a job well done on my accord. (got hit and run front end damage - bumper, hood, grill and fender and got hit on the side from someone who couldn't stop his car and spun out and dinged my driver side door/fender)

car looks great, paint is all glossy. i love it haha.

Khalil.e
05-07-2010, 11:22 AM
I have my TL booked in with Screamin' Paintworks on the 18th - and I'm fairly confident that they'll do a great job.
I'll be sure to post a review/pics when complete!

SpeedIllusion
05-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Does Maranello or Screamin' do cash money deals?

2EFNFAST
05-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Teggy
POWER CHIEF!!!14032773838

Say no to power chief :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

My friend had some work done there and it was the worst job I've ever seen.

Not only that, but they had to do some repairs from an accident and f'd everything up. For example, the somehow managed to install his radiator upside down, and when it wouldn't fit properly they took a sawzall/grinder to pieces of the chassis to make it fit! To their credit they made nice clean cuts, but damn.

GOnSHO
05-07-2010, 12:29 PM
had my vehicles at A-1 Autobody 3 times and always came out PERFECT!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: from me

NickGT
06-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Dave at Screamin did a great job on my new Shelby CS6 Hood just in time for Driven 2010! VERY happy customer!

http://members.shaw.ca/nickgt/profile/28.jpg

K3RMiTdot
08-14-2010, 11:33 PM
:thumbsup: for screamin!

ragu
08-15-2010, 12:20 AM
:thumbsup: for Screaming Paint works when I got my bike painted there and I was very satisfied since it got compliments all the time.

:thumbsup: for Contemporary Coachwork because I took my car to them twice in the same winter and the repairs were very good. I went through insurance so no expense was spared and car looked better than new with a complete wax and detail both times.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow for Maranellos, I got my G35 repaired there due to rear quarter panel damage, everything was dealt through insurance. They ensured me that car would look more than perfect and looking at their clientele, I thought so too. When I got my car back, it was only rinsed and even that looked like shit. I waxed the car next day and after a cruise I found that my alignment was way off and I could easily notice a camber in left rear wheel where the car had actually got hit.

So I call them and tell them about alignment and camber and the guy who worked on the car tells me that he would get back to me but never did. I've tried reaching them about 5 times but no use. I ended up getting the work done myself at Precision alignment. I highly regret not taking the car to Contemporary Coachwork

I'll put it this way. If I was getting work on insurance's dime, I'll take it to Contemporary Coachwork. If it was coming out of my pocket, Screamin' all the way.

krusso04
08-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Dan at screamin is awsome, i wouldnt go anywhere else :thumbsup:

prae
08-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Just wanted to add my thumbs up to dan & dave at Screamin. I just dealt with them to get a small bumper piece painted. The match to the factory paint is superb, and the service was both personal & professional.

thumbs up all the way

Redlyne_mr2
08-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Needed some work done on a clients BMW, they needed the car done within a day. Dan stepped up and pulled through. Myself and the client were amazed with how perfect the job was.

Thanks Screamin!

gyu
08-21-2010, 02:56 PM
How much should I be expecting if I were to get a lip painted from Screamin?

K3RMiTdot
08-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by gyu
How much should I be expecting if I were to get a lip painted from Screamin?

best bet would be to pm Phuqu

rollinv4l
09-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I am looking for a 2 tone on my truck what do you guys think a 2 tone paint job would be around.

dericer
09-22-2011, 03:34 PM
FYI

Boyds autobody has purchased Low Cost, and according to the receptionist, has new owners.

Skyline_Addict
09-23-2011, 10:51 PM
+1 Screamin' Paintworks and Dan

Just had my s2000 painted and completed. I am delighted with the outcome but there were definitely a few hurdles along the way. My project, in terms of time frames, results, etc. was not as straight forward as I, nor Dan would've liked.

However, Dan was able to accommodate or appropriately address any of those hurdles along the way to my satisfaction. Granted, I would like to think I am probably one of the more flexible customers he would deal with on average, so this worked for both of us. He went above and beyond in some cases to make my experience a happy one.

At the end of the day I am very happy with the end product and its associated costs (monetary and so forth), and Dan made sure of that.

I would definitely refer and bring back more business to Dan and Screamin' Paintworks. I (nor he) wouldn't be doing a project like this one again, though.

:D

SportEL
09-25-2011, 09:13 PM
^I dropped by there on Friday and saw your car parked out front. It looks real good.

It's funny because I was at the back of the shop with Dave a few weeks ago, and was thinking, is that the same s2000 still parked on the side because I was there about a month earlier too, and didn't think it would take that long to complete the car. Dave was joking that it was another car.

I've brought my car there multiple times to get a variety of different stuff done. I dealt with Dave each time and I am always impressed by his service and quality of work, and how accommodating he is. Customer service is top notch at Screamin'.

Skyline_Addict
09-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks.

The car was there a lot longer than it should've been, but again, Dan made appropriate accommodations for this.

max_boost
09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Pictures of S2K? Repainted same color or?

Skyline_Addict
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Pics will come. It's still a tri-stage pearl yellow, brighter than before though. Same as J's Racing s2000.

K3RMiTdot
09-26-2011, 09:31 PM
+1 for screamin

only place i go to get my stuff painted!

big A
11-19-2011, 10:54 PM
:thumbsdow for concours south. Two times to match my paint, both unsuccesfull.

M.alex
11-19-2011, 11:11 PM
+3 for screaming paintworks. I bring them all my carbon fiber goodness :D

redevil
01-20-2012, 05:06 PM
I hate Calgary drivers!!! My RDX was involved in a hit and run yesterday. Good thing is, major damage was only to the bumper.

I am now in search for a good body shop that can match Acura's Diamond White Pearl on a bumper since it will have to be replaced. Not sure how much damage was done behind the bumper but I am hoping that not much was affected. :banghead:

G-ZUS
02-29-2012, 06:45 PM
:thumbsdow for Zuly's

HNF88
03-08-2012, 06:37 PM
rear ended some guy who decided to stop on a merge when no cars were incoming. Luckily only had a minor dinger, but still, its annoying.

wondering if anyone knows which shop could best repair this?

K3RMiTdot
03-08-2012, 07:51 PM
^^^ screamin

Heru-Farukon
07-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Anyone recently got a paintjob? I know Dan and Screaming does a great job. But anyone have luck with diff shops and vouch for them?

Exploring options

woovic
10-05-2012, 05:24 PM
:thumbsdow Thumbs down for Confident PDR.

TomcoPDR
10-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by woovic
:thumbsdow Thumbs down for Confident PDR.

Why not talk to the company to get it resolved?

Maxt
10-06-2012, 11:59 AM
There is Dave's Collision and Frame near Okotoks. Just got my Jeep back from him after major hail damage repair, looks good.
He is a kind of a hybrid body guy, does PDR as well as paint, frame straightening and collision repair.

InRich
10-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Add me to A1 Autobody as a NEVER EVER EVER!!!! take your car there!!!!! :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

All_Euro
10-10-2012, 12:24 PM
:thumbsdow Calgary Coachworks :thumbsdow I wouldn't even recommend them to an enemy.

The work I've seen from Cosmos Collision has been top notch though :thumbsup: