PDA

View Full Version : Ghost car (well truck actually)

SilverBoost
11-28-2005, 02:43 PM
GMC Canyon I believe,
WHITE
Plate EUV 341
has a small mesh rack behind the rear glass.

Saw it on 17th lit up like a christmas tree. Had a guy in a red teg pulled over. This looks nothing like a cop so I could see how it'd be easy to miss this one.

All in the pursuit of hitting their new quota of speeding tickets.

sputnik
11-28-2005, 02:51 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87376

SilverBoost
11-28-2005, 03:25 PM
never saw that.... well at least now you have the plate as well. :)

lastprodigy
11-28-2005, 03:27 PM
LOL old news

l8braker
11-28-2005, 03:31 PM
he tags drivers along 14th st. & 90th ave lately.. in and out before you know it.

2002civic
11-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
never saw that.... well at least now you have the plate as well. :)
do ppl actually remembe rplate numbers of cop cars? i just look and see if they have a black govt sticker if its something remotely close to looking like a undercover cop car

Rav4Guy
11-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic

do ppl actually remembe rplate numbers of cop cars? i just look and see if they have a black govt sticker if its something remotely close to looking like a undercover cop car

black fleet registration sticker. black doesn't mean government, black means fleet. just a little FYI.

CivicDXR
11-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic

I look for that too, but sometimes it throws you off because the black sticker is a fleet sticker... all of our company vehicles (Xerox) are mostly new Dodge Caravans with heavy tint, and all have the same black fleet tag on the license plate...

7thgenvic
11-28-2005, 05:03 PM
i've seen that bitch a couple of times! good thing i wasn't speeding, he was just raking in the money

Nissanaddict
11-28-2005, 05:15 PM
In the linked thread wasn't it said that he did NOT have a fleet sticker? It works VERY well in construction zone speed traps. Blends in with trucks there very well. If I were going the other way on 14th I woulda been busted probly (seen him twice on the median 14th st. sw coming off of glenmore)

Rav4Guy
11-28-2005, 05:19 PM
I think it has to have a black fleet sticker as the province owns the truck. (federal government does not control the municipal police.)

Supa Dexta
11-28-2005, 05:34 PM
yep, he's on deerfoot alot and around the glenmore construction too.... he's a sneaky one, we came up on him quite fast one time, but he already had someone pulled over...

:poosie:

SilverBoost
11-28-2005, 05:42 PM
To be honest I never noticed if it had the black sticker or not? I think I would have if it was, but I was just trying to get a good look at the truck more than anything so I could do a mental memory burn. Hopefully brain will recognize it again next time before my eyes do... or before he recognizes me. :D

Supa Dexta
11-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Only thing is, rental cars, company cars etc.. all have the black stickers, I'd rather be picking out the hidden lights they have... that silver durango is a sneaky one too....

FiveFreshFish
11-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy
I think it has to have a black fleet sticker as the province owns the truck. (federal government does not control the municipal police.)

The city owns the cop cars, not the province.

l8braker
11-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Only thing is, rental cars, company cars etc.. all have the black stickers, I'd rather be picking out the hidden lights they have... that silver durango is a sneaky one too....

:werd: red/blue lights in the back window/front grille, red lights on the mirrors, grey speaker on the front for siren, cage/plexiglass in the back, rims, more than one antenna.. (edit: sometimes on the antenna there willl be red tape tied around)

on the new gold unmarked explorer's the only quick way to tell if its a cop is the grey speaker for the siren mounted on the front bumper.

retro-steve
11-28-2005, 06:10 PM
they all have a fleet sticker since they are a fleet car...having regular plates would be so expensive as they would have to insure EVERY officer that drives it and if they didn't it would be insurance fraud.

Goblin
11-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
LOL old news

cops are now using cars without lights on top and markings... :nut:

Foz
11-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Yeah, they're getting more sneaky. Saw an oldsmobile or something along that line as a photo radar.

SilverBoost
11-30-2005, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Foz
Yeah, they're getting more sneaky. Saw an oldsmobile or something along that line as a photo radar.

Yeah contrary to some opinions I've read my radar detector picks up all photo radar in Calgary. It's a weaker signal, but I get it every time, so hopefully when they move outside using the minivans I won't get caught in the transition.

And before someone says I shouldn't be speeding, my G/F got one for being only 11 over.... that's not a safty issue, its a money grab. I think half the reason there is so much congestion here is because everyone is so scared to go even 10 over the limit.... every time someone sees a minivan parked on the side of a street they slam on the damn brakes.

However, one thing I did notice today is that now that the raods are actually crappy and ice covered, people seem to want to drive faster. :dunno: Guess that explains the 150 accidents I've heard reported here over a weekend last year on one of the first snowfalls.

2002civic
11-30-2005, 10:55 AM
^11 over could be a safety issue, if she got a ticket for 5 over id be pissed but 11 over is justified imo, photo radar pegs i believe 7 over and higher now in lethbridge i believe

SilverBoost
11-30-2005, 10:48 PM
20 over is justified. 11 over is a joke. 5 over would be absolutely retarded.

At 5 over your still in the +/- accuracy of the radar equipment and/or your own speedo.

kiwi
11-30-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm always cautious of the cars that are parked on the side of the road, even if it's not a minivan... just in case... hee hee hee

& are they gonna put cameras in garbage cans now too? Or is that just a hoax that people send around in emails? lol

2002civic
12-01-2005, 10:13 AM
^^in lethbridge they have a photo radar box they move around that look sliek an electrical box

JordanEG6
12-01-2005, 10:22 AM
^^ haha ive seen that...some very obvious tho...ive seen a "transformer" box where its no where near any power lines, so it gives it away its not a real transformer, more likely a camera.

Evo prec
12-01-2005, 10:31 AM
just to let you guys know when i was going for lunch downtown i saw a ford expedition full size i think. it was the longer looking one i think maybe not sure, but it was an expedition, well i saw a detective or something driving it, but wow never seen a cop car like that one, one thing that is noticable to the cage in the back, which could be used for anything dogs and all that shit, but the one other thing is that there are lights in the front of the grill part of the truck. those are the only 2 things, oops third is the laptop. you could see that pretty clearly. so yeah just thought i would post that on here just in case anybody cared.

l8braker
12-01-2005, 12:38 PM
^ the canine unit uses the white excursions when they move the dogs and shit. the blacked out ones are tactical.:guns: