PDA

View Full Version : alignment problems

ziehr_ca
11-29-2005, 12:44 AM
back in april i lowered my civic with an eibach pro-kit spring set. i didnt buy or install a camber kit as i read i didnt need one with such a small drop
i took it to tirecraft on mcleod to get it aligned right after the install
now tonight i switched over my 17's to put on the winter tires and noticed the insides of my tires on all 4 corners were worn quite badly
i have had lowered trucks aligned at tirecraft in the past and have had no problems with their work
would this problem have been avoided by installing a camber kit or was this just an issue of a bad alignment job
if the latter is the case has anyone had experience in getting them to redo an alignment (especially this many months later). if memory serves me correctly they dont warranty lowered vehicle alignments like they would stock cars
any thoughts?

tirebob
11-29-2005, 11:10 AM
If you lower a car and don't do cambers kits, you are almost always going to get edge wear. Without the kit you will not be able to get everything fully within spec, so even if they were to set it up again, it still will end up wearing out the edges...

Zephyr
12-29-2005, 04:13 AM
camber kits is your friend if you have a lowered car. I did that mistake and my tires need replacing already.