PDA

View Full Version : Good Place to do doughnuts in Calgary

CrazyDemon
11-30-2005, 12:24 AM
It's that time of the year again, we've just got a fresh layer of snow and it's time for some fun.

Me and my friends we out doing some doughnuts in local parking lots and just having a good time. Everything around here is rather narrow though, one false move and the side of your car is up against the curb.

What are some of the places in Calgary you guys go to when you want to have some fun? I'd really like to find a big open field somewhere to realy let loose.

Remember to drive safe :)

T-Dubbs
11-30-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by CrazyDemon

Me and my friends we out doing some doughnuts in local parking lots

Remember to drive safe :)
oxymoron?

CrazyDemon
11-30-2005, 12:26 AM
There aren't any cars there... Its late at night, seems pretty safe.

RickDaTuner
11-30-2005, 12:27 AM
at the Rally-X events held by the CSCC :drama:

Rav4Guy
11-30-2005, 12:33 AM
and if anyone goes "its not safe.. blah blah blah blah blah" and you've posted in a previous thread on beyond in regards to a video of someone doing donuts in a residential area.... :guns:

Orbie
11-30-2005, 12:33 AM
If you do find a spot, make sure it's not in a residential area, the last thing I want to hear waking me up light at night is some yokels with too much free time burning doughnuts.

Foz
11-30-2005, 12:34 AM
Prepare for stunting tickets for $5-0-0.. given by 5-0.

3G
11-30-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Foz
Prepare for stunting tickets for $5-0-0.. given by 5-0.

I dont think they can give tickets on private property.
Go to "Lovers lane" in the NE in marlbrough'

snowboard
11-30-2005, 12:42 AM
sigh last year, we found the dreamest place ever. its undustrial, pretty much 4 buildings, in the shape of L's with a space wide enough for 2 vehicles between them, then they open up into this masssssssssive open parking lot, thats not even a parking lot, super hard to explain, but no one can see you, adn there is no one around. so nice.

Raz2
11-30-2005, 12:44 AM
After everyone going nuts earlier about my super out of control crazy nutsy driving, I'm going to stick to driving a little sideways and not telling anyone about it :)

Also, you'll see me at all the CSCC events! :D

- Rasmus

Rav4Guy
11-30-2005, 12:44 AM
try the warehouses and stuff. They usually have wide parking lots in between buildings and situated away from the main roads.

Foz
11-30-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Raz2
After everyone going nuts earlier about my super out of control crazy nutsy driving, I'm going to stick to driving a little sideways and not telling anyone about it :)

Also, you'll see me at all the CSCC events! :D

- Rasmus

:werd: I'm going out myself. Drive safe.

KoukiS14
11-30-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy
try the warehouses and stuff. They usually have wide parking lots in between buildings and situated away from the main roads.

and mobile security patrols

7thgenvic
11-30-2005, 12:48 AM
i loveeee parking lot fun in this weather. Cops didn't reaaallly care when they came last year, they just said don't do it here, becuase there were noice compliaints, thats it.

have fun and be safe.

lastprodigy
11-30-2005, 12:50 AM
i can sense the beyond angel patrol coming over to bash this thread...

handsomebassman
11-30-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by KoukiS14

and mobile security patrols

yea, those security patrols are annoying. They are usually in cavs or neons, and have whistles and notepads to bust you with. But seriously, i believe they call the authorities...or just watch. Who knows.

retro-steve
11-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by handsomebassman

yea, those security patrols are annoying. They are usually in cavs or neons, and have whistles and notepads to bust you with. But seriously, i believe they call the authorities...or just watch. Who knows.

i work mobile for paladin and honestly the guys i work with are cool if you're nice to them. on the other hand companies like group 4 are such rent-a-cops (think they're real cops) and they'll try to fight you. they'll never call the cops unless you're really asking for it. if they're nice they'll ask you politely to leave (and please do) or if they're dicks they'll be pompus assholes and they'll take down your plates and start doing patrols there every 20 mins

handsomebassman
11-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by retro-steve

i work mobile for paladin and honestly the guys i work with are cool if you're nice to them. on the other hand companies like group 4 are such rent-a-cops (think they're real cops) and they'll try to fight you. they'll never call the cops unless you're really asking for it. if they're nice they'll ask you politely to leave (and please do) or if they're dicks they'll be pompus assholes and they'll take down your plates and start doing patrols there every 20 mins

I hope you didnt take offence in regards to my comment. We all know they are just doin their job, and i didnt mean for my comment to offend anyone. ;)

jaysas_63
11-30-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by handsomebassman

I hope you didnt take offence in regards to my comment. We all know they are just doin their job, and i didnt mean for my comment to offend anyone. ;)

hahah, its very refreshing to see beyond members with manners:thumbsup:

handsomebassman
11-30-2005, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

hahah, its very refreshing to see beyond members with manners:thumbsup:

haha, well thank you kindly good sir.

retro-steve
11-30-2005, 02:10 AM
no i didn't take offence at all! lol you wouldn't believe how many times/day (when i'm at work) that i get called "rent-a-cop" "bacon bits" or some thing to that extent. i just use observational humor to make fun of them. instance: little 14 year old skater punks downtown call me a rent-a-cop because i'm nicely asking them to leave a site that i'm doing a check at. my response: "once your voice cracks and your balls drop you can skate here any time"

i don't really take any thing seriously unless i'm physically threatened, otherwise it's just a job like working at macdonalds...it pays for my gas and beer and that's all that matters :thumbsup:

Zephyr
11-30-2005, 02:31 AM
I don't know about Canada, but I know donuts is illegal and is a type of stunting here in America and should be the same in Canada and a lot of countries. I also know that it's unsafe. Again, street racing and street stunting is illegal for a reason.

CLOSED