PDA

View Full Version : Converting ID3 tags for MP3's on itunes

jaysas_63
11-30-2005, 01:24 AM
hey, so i have an album, and when i try converting the artist name on the mp3 tag (on itunes), it says that i can't due to copyright protection, or wrong file type.....well i just want to edit the title so that it matches with the rest of the albums i have of the same artist.....so is there any way that i can edit the tags of these songs, or am i SOL???

thanks a lot guys

GTS Jeff
11-30-2005, 02:25 AM
I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but try downloading MP3 Tag Tools and make sure the mp3s aren't read-only.

jaysas_63
11-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but try downloading MP3 Tag Tools and make sure the mp3s aren't read-only.

well normally in itunes, i just select any song i want, right click to get info, and i am able to change the ID tag of the song...which includes the artist, track name, almbum, genre etc. but this one album i have has some sort of protection on it, which isn't allowing me to edit the tag (at least using itunes) i have also tried using WMP, and WINAMP,

so what i really want to know i guess is some sort of software as you were talking about that will let me change the ID tages of protected songs.

EDIT: THANK YOU JEFF, mp3 tag tools worked perfectly, i really appreciate the help:thumbsup:

sl888
07-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Can anyone recommend one that does mass converting?

Grogador
07-28-2008, 07:33 AM
MP3 Tag Studio, Tag & Rename