PDA

View Full Version : Idiot van from Banbury Crossroads School

Zero102
11-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Argh, time to rant.
I know the snow is falling, and sometimes you can't stop or whatever, but this was just sheer stupidity.
I was driving through the university today, and right out front of ICT there is a small parking lot with a stop sign at one end. As I approach the stop sign, a van comes flying up the road through the small parking lot, slows down a little bit, and blows right through the stop sign maybe 20 feet infront of me. Here's the kicker. Right at the corner is a crosswalk, with 2 people just over half-way across the road already. This is the only reason the van didn't nail me, since I had already slowed down for the pedestrians. However, he had to run over the curb just to miss them (by a matter of MAYBE 6 inches, it was damn close). One of the people crossing got so mad he threw his bag at the van (and hit it I might add), causing it to spread his lunch over that side of the road. Which of course made me wait longer, but I was just as mad as he was, so it was alright. The van tapped his brakes for a second, then continued on like nothing had even happened, at around 50-55kph (in a 40 zone!) on icy roads...

Worst part of all, it had a company logo on the back.
Banbury Crossroads School
270-7787

I tried to call the number to complain about his horrendous driving, and I get a 'this number is not in service' message, and yet according to 411.ca they have an address in calgary, along with this number and a fax number. I have some running around to do, maybe I'll complain in person.

I know people can be stupid, but this was just too far. This could seriously have killed somebody, and came within inches of it!!!! Besides, who is stupid enough to do something like that in a company vehicle!! I think they had just dropped somebody off at ICT, but I didn't see them do it, it's just a guess.
If anybody's interested, it was a gold late model ford windstar sport, license plate EAR-968 (incase anybody here knows somebody who works at the school perhaps)

[/RANT]

What amazed me was that the guy was crossing with what looked to be his wife, and all she did was help him pick up his lunch, and they carried on...
I rolled down my window and said 'Next time somebody does that, kick their car, that way you don't lose your lunch' and all he did was smile.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Zero102

What amazed me was that the guy was crossing with what looked to be his wife, and all she did was help him pick up his lunch, and they carried on...
I rolled down my window and said 'Next time somebody does that, kick their car, that way you don't lose your lunch' and all he did was smile.

:werd: to that.

There's a crosswalk in front of Rundle Hall that nobody ever seems to stop for. I had got a few feet across it when this lady comes flying around the near corner in her Caravan while digging in her purse while talking on her cell phone. I got the hell off the road, as she wasn't even slowing down. As she went by, I left a foot-shaped dent in the side of her van, and she didn't even notice. She nearly ran me down and sustained damage to her van, and she was so distracted that she was oblivious to it all. :banghead:

SilverBoost
11-30-2005, 12:57 PM
That's pretty crappy.

I'm not defending this guy because that area sounds like one where you should be driving half sensible anyhow, but I will say that the crosswalk situation in Calgary has some issues.

They have placed crosswalks in areas here in this town that you'd swear were set up as a form of population control vs. a safe road crossing. No lighting at night, or they put them over the crest of a hill so traffic on the other side can't see it... or they're unmarked on major roads like 16th ave or the top of 17th ave with no crossing lights and it's a 4 lane road. Every major crosswalk should have crossing lights. There aren't nearly enough.

Then you have some people who walk out in front of cars on those lane directional change signs, thinking that they're crosswalks. The Red X means you can't drive down that lane people... it doesn't mean pedestrian crossing.

Anyway, how many people are gonna have to get killed here before the city starts spendign all that photoradar cash on proper crosswalks?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. /rant. Again, not defending mad van guy. :) Just makig a related point.

Zero102
11-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Hahaha, it's just a thread for opinions on how to get a hold of the company, or other rants, so you can't really hijack it ;)

I understand some of the crosswalks are designed in a dangerous nature (like a crosswalk on barlow.....), but in this case, this crosswalk is perfectly sensible, it's almost straight across the road, at a corner, where 2 parking lot exits are controlled by stop signs, street lights at both ends of the crosswalk, etc. Yet it's one of the worst for this. I started walking to then ext one over when I was taking the bus, just so that I wouldn't have this happen to me. I have that nasty habit of kicking vehicles who try to hit me in a crosswalk. I've had 2 people stop, and for both of them, I said if they call the cops, I'll admit to hitting their car because they blew through the crosswalk when I had right of way. To what I strange look, and 2 'Okay's', of course I follow up with telling them that my punishment will be to pay for having the dent repaired (~$100, since it hasn't left any real paint damage, so paintless dent repair :) ), if they fess up to what they did $575 + 10% victim assistance fund charge + 3-4 demerits. Usually they leave after they realize that they are getting off easy...
Both people were hella pissed when they got out too.

turbo'dGSR
11-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Dont bother trying to complain to the school, their location has abruptly moved and that is probably why their # is no longer in service. I know those who run the school and will mention it to them next time we talk.

dufferson
11-30-2005, 03:34 PM
gah, the uofc students walk like lemmings until they get one of those security goons to make them look up and stop.

Supa Dexta
11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
was it maroon or brownish? I can't remember but there was one creamed today on glenmore, I thought it maybe said something of a school on the door, but I couldn't see it close enough..

Zero102
11-30-2005, 03:56 PM
This one was gold, and it's a really late model (most likely 03 - 06)
turbo'dGSR, if you know somebody there that would be the best, because that was extremely dangerous!!

cloud7
11-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Hahaha, it's just a thread for opinions on how to get a hold of the company, or other rants, so you can't really hijack it ;)

I understand some of the crosswalks are designed in a dangerous nature (like a crosswalk on barlow.....), but in this case, this crosswalk is perfectly sensible, it's almost straight across the road, at a corner, where 2 parking lot exits are controlled by stop signs, street lights at both ends of the crosswalk, etc. Yet it's one of the worst for this. I started walking to then ext one over when I was taking the bus, just so that I wouldn't have this happen to me. I have that nasty habit of kicking vehicles who try to hit me in a crosswalk. I've had 2 people stop, and for both of them, I said if they call the cops, I'll admit to hitting their car because they blew through the crosswalk when I had right of way. To what I strange look, and 2 'Okay's', of course I follow up with telling them that my punishment will be to pay for having the dent repaired (~$100, since it hasn't left any real paint damage, so paintless dent repair :) ), if they fess up to what they did $575 + 10% victim assistance fund charge + 3-4 demerits. Usually they leave after they realize that they are getting off easy...
Both people were hella pissed when they got out too.

Kicking vehicle and paying for the damage is fine until someone who reports you to the police for intentionally damaging other people's property... unfortunately that will likely get you a criminal record whereas the guy running the crosswalk will only get a hefty fine.

Zero102
11-30-2005, 07:49 PM
cloud7, let's see, if they report me, I pay $100 to pull a dent, they pay $600-something plus 4 points. Once this happens, I'll be registered as a witness for the crown, and can help make sure that the points and fine stick. Nobody in their right mind would do it.

cloud7
12-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Nobody in their right mind would do it.

yup, nobody in their right mind would but there are a lot of strange people in this town...

plus if they report you to the police, it is no longer a $100 to pull a dent on your part if they insist on being a witness and make sure charges on you stick.

handsomebassman
12-02-2005, 02:10 PM
man people dont know how to drive in the winter here.

FatboyTheHungry
12-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman
man people dont know how to drive in the winter here.

:werd:

SilverBoost
12-03-2005, 01:22 AM
The thing about kicking a car is that I think you can tell who is driving wreckless and who really just didn't see the crosswalk. As I said earlier, some crosswalks are practically invisible in this city, and I know if someone kicked my car because of an oversight I'd be pretty pissed, but yet I'd understand.... I think I'd be pissed if I almost got run down - which I have when I was younger - ended up on the hood of a car - but I wasn't hurt. But at the same time, I'm understanding if it looked as if it were truly a mistake.... unless of course they were talking on their cell phone. Then a kick is in total order.

dresden_k
12-11-2005, 04:51 AM
You're an exaggerating whore.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by dresden_k
You're an exaggerating whore.

Were you driving the van, or what? What are you on about? :dunno:

ex1z7
12-11-2005, 05:57 AM
Don't listen to him, he's a newbie - his oppinions don't matter. =)

Mm, I've been hit, and almost hit a few times.. Not fun at all, I don't know if I'd kick the car.. I'd run out of the way, and by the time you think to kick it, it's gone.. I'd be more concerned with my life then leaving a mark on some asshole.. I think you guys who kick cars are risk takers :p

dresden_k
12-11-2005, 06:45 AM
Just because I haven't posted ten thousand posts on this site doesn't mean that my opinions are unimportant.

I know the driver.

djayz
12-11-2005, 06:51 AM
thats society
you have those idiots who drive recklessly through intersections and crosswalks then you have those people who dont pay attention when crossing the road

it takes both the driver and the pedestrian to make a safe crossing SAFE. Theres no way to avoid this shit...only way to make it SAFER is for you to do your part when driving or crossing roads. Fuck others and what happens its their own fault just save your ass thats pretty much what this world has come to

Zero102
12-11-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm an exaggerating whore...
Thanks, but I'm a guy, and have had the same G/F for the past 6 3/4 years, and haven't slept with anybody else while I was with her...
And my story was 100% true, so I see no point to your comment. However, this reminds me to continue my rant. Thanks! :thumbsup:

The person driving the van came within INCHES of severely injuring somebody, and had to run over a curb not to, why? Because they are both a terrible driver, and in a huge hurry. 2 things you SHOULD NEVER BE in the winter. Tell the driver to get off the roads. That is the kind of person I do not want to share the roads with, especially not the SIDEWALKS!!!!! How can you possibly defend this person's driving?! Please, take their keys away. Nobody in their right mind, with half of a brain would have committed the move that this person did. If there had been no pedestrian, the van would have been T-boned by me, as it rounded the corner while running the stop sign (which by the way, the driver NEVER looked left, so they never saw me). If the pedestrians had stepped off the curb even 1 second earlier, or if the driver had hesitated one second longer, I don't even want to think about what would have happened.
I have not stretched one single piece of this story out of proportion AT ALL. Keep your comments factual. If I was one of the pedestrians, I would have interpreted this as a serious attempt on my life, as the driver clearly had no regard for their well-being.

Not to mention, this thread has been off the front page for quite a while now... why bring it back? I mean, it had been 8 days since the last post, get with the times if you want to throw out comments like that.

dresden_k
12-11-2005, 05:35 PM
You're exaggerating.

The van was stopped to let me out. It did not let me out going 55kmph. The parking lot is not very long, and even if she had not slowed one bit before the stop sign, she couldn't have been going more than 10kmph. You overestimate the power that a minivan has on ice to accelerate to 55kmph in 20ft of road. Secondly she did look left and right. She saw a vehicle coming. She didn't hit a curb. She saw the pedestrians. They had stepped off the far curb as the other car had come up to slow for them. Since she was already halfway out of the parking lot, she continued turning right knowing that her traction isn't 100% on icy roads. The pedestrians kept walking while she was going around, they didn't stop walking, and that's just irresponsible - be aware that on icy roads vehicles cannot stop on a dime.

The lunch thrown hit the rear of the vehicle from the driver's side, and of course she wouldn't stop - she's not about to get assaulted by a violent pedestrian. She was surprised that they didn't stop when they could see that she had already begun to make her right turn. The car was not in danger of hitting the van because it had stopped already because the driver of the car saw the people coming up to the crosswalk. The van had already begun to turn right before the pedestrians began to cross.

They were not inches from the van, they were six feet from the van. The pedestrian didn't think he would have gotten hit by the van seeing it was making it's right turn first, or he wouldn't have stepped into the road. Look both ways before crossing the street. She couldn't have stopped because the roads were not dry and clear. If you have a problem with this, contact the University regarding sanding or salting of the road.

In an ideal situation with dry pavement, she could have stopped halfway through her right turn for the pedestrians, but winter driving is not ideal and she made a decision based on information she had at the time. No one was hurt, except a bagged lunch. The other car had stopped already before she left the parking lot.

If you see someone making a right turn and the roads are icy, let them pass. Don't put yourself in danger.

Don't exaggerate either.

5hift
12-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Having not seen the incident and knowing every story always has two sides, I'll post what I see daily drivng to UofC. I always drive through university drive, entering near the arch, but parking near lot 21 usually.. meaning I have to weave around most the campus. Students never look when they are crossing (not saying this was the case here) and if they do see you coming, they will attempt to cross no matter how close you are to the them. This might be ok for summer, but in the winter with the either loose gravel or ice, on the road its hard to stop at the last second when some person walks in front of you. I've come close to hitting a student several times, and I've never been speeding or driving recklessly. As a pedestrian, you cant just assume because you should have the right away that a car driving on bad road conditions can stop and go as easily as you can on foot.

dresden_k
12-11-2005, 06:49 PM
It's a good point about pedestrians - by the C-Train station they have to hire people to keep the pedestrians off bumpers like a bunch of gradeschoolers who need crossing guards.

While we are addressing your issues, let’s look at this ridiculous habit of kicking cars when you judge them to have done something wrong. Firstly, how is doing something illegal in response to the perception of another’s illegal action constructive or helpful? The answer is that it isn’t, it’s foolish and selfish. Not to mention that if nothing else you are just encouraging that driver to disrespect pedestrians even more as you’ve now enraged them by costing them money. So now a driver that may have needed to be more aware of pedestrian activity has become aggravated with pedestrians and most likely will care less about them. Well done, you’ve made an already hard problem to affect change in even worse.

Secondly, what is all this nonsense about crown witnesses and demerits and telling them what’s for when they get out of their car because you are a big shot, eduamacated, high rolling street walker. Please, spare me. Spouting out the words crown, witness, and victim assistance surcharge do not mean you have a clue what you are talking about. Regurgitating phrases you’ve heard your friends say, or on T.V. is not a good way to go about proffering a strong argument. When you kick the side of a car and damage it you can immediately be charged with destruction of private property, along with the possibility of disturbing the peace, threat of violence and anything else they can attribute your disruptive and violent action to. Certainly you can serve as a witness to their traffic violation, but you better hope you have two or three more witnesses to corroborate your story, otherwise you lose. Because you are a no more reliable or truthful witness than the driver of the car, so one on one with your word against his you’ve got nothing. In fact you have less than nothing, because now you’ve gone and dented his car with your foot which means you’ve lost face in the eyes of the court. The driver can easily say you are exaggerating or just plain out lying, that they did nothing illegal and that you attacked their car with no provocation. So now you get charged and likely convicted. (and even if the justice department decides they believe your story about the driving transgression, the driver gets fined and you STILL get convicted of aggravated assault). Congratulations, you now have a criminal record. Have fun getting jobs and finding graduate schools.

Try kicking my door in when I accidentally roll through a cross walk and you get it in your head that you have a right to exact revenge for the slight on your honour (*shakes head* - pathetic). I won’t get out and make the mistake of caving your face in because then I get charged with assault too. No, I’ll happily ask for your I.D. and when you don’t provide it I will make a citizens arrest. Then you get to go to court and I probably don’t even get a fine for not stopping at a cross walk because you have no evidence that it happened, whereas I have your boot print and the damage you inflicted on my door.

Zero102
12-11-2005, 10:23 PM
You're exaggerating.

The van was stopped to let me out. It did not let me out going 55kmph. The parking lot is not very long, and even if she had not slowed one bit before the stop sign, she couldn't have been going more than 10kmph. You overestimate the power that a minivan has on ice to accelerate to 55kmph in 20ft of road. Secondly she did look left and right. She saw a vehicle coming. She didn't hit a curb. She saw the pedestrians. They had stepped off the far curb as the other car had come up to slow for them. Since she was already halfway out of the parking lot, she continued turning right knowing that her traction isn't 100% on icy roads. The pedestrians kept walking while she was going around, they didn't stop walking, and that's just irresponsible - be aware that on icy roads vehicles cannot stop on a dime.

Now, allow me to be VERY careful in my response, to explain how I did not twist a single fact in my story. It's funny, you PM me apologizing up and down, then come on here and post crap like this... you two-faced little boy. Go ahead, defend your mommy.

Okay, time to break it down for you.

I said I SUSPECTED that she had dropped somebody off, not that she dropped you off going 55kph. I did NOT say that she rounded the corner at 55, I was very careful in making sure that I did not. She rounded the corner at about 25kph, then accelerated to 50+kph going down the road, after the fellow threw his lunch at her van.
Why didn't she stop? If she had stopped and apologized, I'm 100% certain that this fellow would have understood, gauged by his reaction to my comments, I feel this is accurate.

You are SURPRISED THAT THEY DID NOT STOP WHEN THEY SAW SHE WAS TURNING?!?! Excuse me? THEY are in the wrong for not stopping to allow your mom to run a stop sign right infront of pedestrians in a crosswalk, who have right of way? Holy shit buddy, maybe they should take your license away too!

She didn't look left, because she never looked at me, I was watching her, and this surprised me very much. She obviously never looked right, or else she would have seen the pedestrians.
She went over the curb, because there was insufficient room between the pedestrians and the curb for the van to fit, and because she cut her corner so badly because it appeared that she was digging for something, not watching the road ahead. The pedestrians were just passing the yellow line in the middle of the road when your mom approached the stop sign.

The lunch thrown hit the rear of the vehicle from the driver's side, and of course she wouldn't stop - she's not about to get assaulted by a violent pedestrian. She was surprised that they didn't stop when they could see that she had already begun to make her right turn. The car was not in danger of hitting the van because it had stopped already because the driver of the car saw the people coming up to the crosswalk. The van had already begun to turn right before the pedestrians began to cross.

Yes, the lunch hit the rear of the van on the driver's side. Did I say otherwise? No. Thank you.
The car was not in danger of hitting the van? No, because I was slowing for the pedestrians, otherwise I DO EXPECT VEHICLES AT A STOP SIGN TO STOP, and would have proceeded infront of her at my 30kph I was travelling at, due to the poor road conditions. I had not stopped already. If she thought I was stopped, then she simply wasn't watching, I was still moving 10-15kph when she blew the stop sign in front of me. I was planning to stop right in front of her, about 5 feet from the crosswalk.
THE VAN HAD NOT BEGUN TO TURN BEFORE THE PEDESTRIANS BEGAN CROSSING. I already said this, and you already said otherwise. Thanks for contradicting yourself pal.

They were not inches from the van, they were six feet from the van. The pedestrian didn't think he would have gotten hit by the van seeing it was making it's right turn first, or he wouldn't have stepped into the road. Look both ways before crossing the street. She couldn't have stopped because the roads were not dry and clear. If you have a problem with this, contact the University regarding sanding or salting of the road.

They WERE inches from the van. If your mommy told you otherwise, she is doing so to save face, and is outright lying. This was the closest I have ever seen people come to getting hit, without getting hit. It was just wreckless. The roads at that intersection were fine for stopping, I had to go through that very same intersection not 30 minutes later, and stopped entirely without issues. The university had already both sanded and sprayed that intersection with that blue stuff they use on the sidewalks, that is why I had no problem stopping. So I see no need to contact the university.

In an ideal situation with dry pavement, she could have stopped halfway through her right turn for the pedestrians, but winter driving is not ideal and she made a decision based on information she had at the time. No one was hurt, except a bagged lunch. The other car had stopped already before she left the parking lot.

If she had stopped half-way through her turn, she would have been in the middle of the crosswalk, clearly displaying that she did not observe the road ahead before making her turn.
Again, I HAD NOT ALREADY STOPPED.

If you see someone making a right turn and the roads are icy, let them pass. Don't put yourself in danger.

You have this backwards.
Pedestrians have right of way in this situation. So, if you are a driver, WATCH FOR PEDESTRIANS before making your turn, not let every car who is on an icy road turn before you step off the curb. That is B.S., plain and simple.

Don't exaggerate either.

I think I just explained how I didn't.
Care to explain how I am a whore now? Or are we done...

Oh wait, then you followed up!! Time to keep going.

It's a good point about pedestrians - by the C-Train station they have to hire people to keep the pedestrians off bumpers like a bunch of gradeschoolers who need crossing guards.

Again, you have it backwards. The problem is actually the vehicles. Too many people get impatient and endanger pedestrian's lives. That is why there are crossing guards. A good friend of mine is one, and I can assure you that this is their purpose. They are there to protect pedestrians from people like your mother.

While we are addressing your issues, let’s look at this ridiculous habit of kicking cars when you judge them to have done something wrong. Firstly, how is doing something illegal in response to the perception of another’s illegal action constructive or helpful? The answer is that it isn’t, it’s foolish and selfish. Not to mention that if nothing else you are just encouraging that driver to disrespect pedestrians even more as you’ve now enraged them by costing them money. So now a driver that may have needed to be more aware of pedestrian activity has become aggravated with pedestrians and most likely will care less about them. Well done, you’ve made an already hard problem to affect change in even worse.

Ridiculous habit of kicking cars... really, somebody tries to severely injure me by not paying attention when driving, or not yielding right of way, and I'm ridiculous by taking action to ensure that they do not repeat their actions? Okay buddy... :rolleyes:
I never said it was constructive or helpful, but I assure you, that if you ran through a crosswalk, and ended up with a boot print in your car, you would think twice, no? It's not selfish however, it is self defense.

Secondly, what is all this nonsense about crown witnesses and demerits and telling them what’s for when they get out of their car because you are a big shot, eduamacated, high rolling street walker. Please, spare me. Spouting out the words crown, witness, and victim assistance surcharge do not mean you have a clue what you are talking about. Regurgitating phrases you’ve heard your friends say, or on T.V. is not a good way to go about proffering a strong argument.

This paragraph is long, I'll break it up.

I did not learn these words on T.V. I've been in court as a witness on several occasions, ensuring that people like your mother are held accountable for their actions. I encourage other people to do so as well. I have been called to witness in several cases, both in traffic and civil court.
I come from a family with some law background, and I assure you, that I know the full meaning of all of these words, along with the implications of using them. Really, using the correct words to describe the situation IS a good way to make a strong argument. Making unfounded statements like saying people only learned words on T.V. on the other hand, is a very poor way.

When you kick the side of a car and damage it you can immediately be charged with destruction of private property, along with the possibility of disturbing the peace, threat of violence and anything else they can attribute your disruptive and violent action to. Certainly you can serve as a witness to their traffic violation, but you better hope you have two or three more witnesses to corroborate your story, otherwise you lose. Because you are a no more reliable or truthful witness than the driver of the car, so one on one with your word against his you’ve got nothing. In fact you have less than nothing, because now you’ve gone and dented his car with your foot which means you’ve lost face in the eyes of the court. The driver can easily say you are exaggerating or just plain out lying, that they did nothing illegal and that you attacked their car with no provocation.

I can IMMEDIATELY be charged? Cool, does that mean the ticket will fall from the sky?
Have you ever called the cops saying that somebody kicked your car? I have once, it happened right out front of my house, it was parked, and some drunks were going down the street at 2AM on a saturday, one of them fell on my car, got mad at it, and booted my passenger side quarter-panel. I called the cops, it wasn't until 9PM that saturday night when the cops FINALLY showed up. Please don't exaggerate, because you keep telling me not to. It is not a threat of violence, nor is it disturbing the peace. Now who's using words they heard on T.V.? You are using both of those in completely the wrong context. Thanks for playing, but you lose.

It's nice, I serve as a witness, and the person driving has to explain how that dent came to be in their vehicle, I would really love to see them exclude the word crosswalk in their explanation...
Even without other witnesses, I still have more than nothing. I have my word. The driver can easily say that I am exaggerating or just plain out lying, you mean like you are saying? Funny, you explain how easy it is for somebody to twist the truth, as you are doing the same.

So now you get charged and likely convicted. (and even if the justice department decides they believe your story about the driving transgression, the driver gets fined and you STILL get convicted of aggravated assault). Congratulations, you now have a criminal record. Have fun getting jobs and finding graduate schools.

So now I get charged and likely convicted...
Okay, how did this progress to aggrevated assault? Explain that one mr exaggeration. It would be destruction of property, or public mischief. Again, thanks for playing, but you just keep picking the wrong words. Can't argue with aggrevated assault, because you can't possibly get charged with it for kicking a car.
Public mischief and destruction of property are not criminal charges. They are misdemeanors. No criminal record, just a fine.

Try kicking my door in when I accidentally roll through a cross walk and you get it in your head that you have a right to exact revenge for the slight on your honour (*shakes head* - pathetic). I won’t get out and make the mistake of caving your face in because then I get charged with assault too. No, I’ll happily ask for your I.D. and when you don’t provide it I will make a citizens arrest. Then you get to go to court and I probably don’t even get a fine for not stopping at a cross walk because you have no evidence that it happened, whereas I have your boot print and the damage you inflicted on my door.

You won't make the mistake of caving in my face? Big words for a little mommy's boy. Nice try. I am not going to go as far as saying there isn't a chance you could, because I am not going to let this devolve into a battle of egos.
You can go ahead and as for my I.D., however you are not a peace officer, and have no right to. Ontop of that, such an action could be construed into impersonating a police officer, which is a serious offense. You cannot make a citizens arrest over something like that... I'd bet you don't even know the meaning of the words. Don't spout stuff you heard on T.V., you said it yourself!!!

Okay, I am finally done disecting your responses.
Please, think more, and be more careful next time you respond. Let's keep this factual. Yes I lowered myself to name-calling at several points in this rant, but you just don't understand how far off base you are, and I doubt you ever will.
The rules of the road are serious. Yielding right-of-way to a pedestrian in a crosswalk is a very serious part of driving. You are in a big vehicle, this person is out there with no defense. They don't stand a chance against a car, this is why so much care must be taken. The victim's assistance fund surcharge is again not something I heard on T.V., but a 10% penalty assessed ontop of tickets of this nature. Taking the $575 fine up even higher. If this was not a serious offense, the ticket would not carry so many demerits. (4 I think, would have to check on that one).

Are you done turning this into a pissing match?
It's funny, in your first PM, you mention that the van is from your mom's school, that sure changed quick. Please, you are such a hipocrite. You do all of the things you tell me not to.

You wonder why i have devoted so much time to setting the record straight, and in responding to your commentary. The reason is simply that I take your earlier comment very seriously. You have made accusations regarding 2 of my values that I feel are very important.
I keep my statements factual, and my interpretations of the situation reasonable, and here you are saying I am exaggerating. I do not think I have once. I take great pride in being truthful whenever possible, and I do not appreciate anybody stating otherwise. Next, as I already stated, I have had a girlfriend for nearly 7 years. I have been explicitly monogamous in this relationshop, and do not appreciate your comment stating otherwise. That is, calling me a whore.

Now, I am about done arguing over this. I have made my point, I have done so in a perfectly reasonable manner, up until you came in here screaming and crying about how you have to defend your mother's honor, making piles of unfounded exaggerated statements in an attempt to outright discredit me.
I hope this serves to prove to other forum members that my there is credit to what I say, and that my recollection of events should be taken seriously.
What's really funny I suppose, is that you stated in a PM to me, that you weren't even there, you outright admitted that you saw nothing, and here you are telling ME what happened. Telling ME, the person who could have been involved in an accident with your mother, the person who nearly witnessed the severe injury/death of 2 pedestrians, what happened. Please.
Ontop of this, you make a big point of saying that protecting my honor is pathetic, and here you are...
You know what, I'm done. I am completely done. It's like arguing with a brick wall. Mods, please close this tread.
:closed:

Zero102
12-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Having not seen the incident and knowing every story always has two sides, I'll post what I see daily drivng to UofC. I always drive through university drive, entering near the arch, but parking near lot 21 usually.. meaning I have to weave around most the campus. Students never look when they are crossing (not saying this was the case here) and if they do see you coming, they will attempt to cross no matter how close you are to the them. This might be ok for summer, but in the winter with the either loose gravel or ice, on the road its hard to stop at the last second when some person walks in front of you. I've come close to hitting a student several times, and I've never been speeding or driving recklessly. As a pedestrian, you cant just assume because you should have the right away that a car driving on bad road conditions can stop and go as easily as you can on foot.

I agree with you, for the most part university students wander like sheep. It's terrible. However, in this case, it was an older man with who looked to be his wife, perhaps a professor, perhaps not, I have no idea, but he was carrying a lunch, so he was planning to be there a while, and I've seen him around before. The pedestrians were cautious, which is why they are still walking today, and they should be very thankful for that. I also agree with your warnings that pedestrians should be cautious, but again, I assure you that reckless pedestrians were not the cause of this near-disaster.
You have been very fair in your statements, with your disclaimer that you were not present, and expressing that your statements were only generalizations, and I respect that you kept your commentary in this manner.

lastprodigy
12-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Well this has turned into some thread. I believe Zero102, just becasue someone who was wrong would not nit-pick every little arguemnt to provehimself correct.. Good job Zero!

5hift
12-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
I believe Zero102, just becasue someone who was wrong would not nit-pick every little arguemnt to provehimself correct.. Good job Zero!

:rofl:

Yeah man, I know you gotta defend urself, but u went way too detailed, it was too much for me to handle.

Zero102
12-11-2005, 11:24 PM
I know, I over-did it, so I've asked for the mods to close this, I don't want to argue any more. I'm tired. This argument is getting stupid. I just couldn't stand the pile of mis-information that was being spewed.

As I mentioned earlier, he's said his part, 3 times, I have said mine. This conversation is done. Please close this.
:closed: