PDA

View Full Version : Fs- Honda Winter Car

Bigchuckers
11-30-2005, 08:33 PM
I have just noticed I have a PM box full of people interested in this car. I apologize for my absence, I have been working out of town and just forgot all about the original post. The car is still available.

First to show me $600 cash can have the car, I want it gone by Sunday so best offer by then takes It.

Before anybody asks I do NOT have pictures. But, your here looking for a winter car not a beauty queen.

What I have is a 1988 Honda Accord EXi 4-door 5-speed (standard).

The quick overview:
- 2-liter fuel injected gas sipper
- new parts such as brakes, timing belt, clutch, battery etc.
- never crashed and no liens
- power windows, locks, mirrors and sunroof (all working)
- air conditioning
- dark charcoal on tan
- 300,000 maintained miles
- BBS style rims (black with polished lip)

What makes it a good winter beater?

In the last year and a half it has received new (not junkyard) alternator, starter and battery ('04). It has been used solely as a winter beater for the last 2 seasons. At the end of last winter it got a new clutch, timing belt and I replaced a cracking CV boot. In May I put on new front brake discs and pads. The rears are up to spec as are the tires. Mechanically this thing has been very well taken care of. I have service records on this car dating back to 1997 as proof. The car is also parked at a mechanics shop and by all means you may speak with them. I can give you a copy of a mechanical inspection the car past this last May. If you need a trouble free winter car, this is your chance! I have not driven this car since then. If you want to know if it leaks oil you can look underneath, it hasn’t moved in a while. It was to be my winter car but I have decided to just buy a newer car. I bought this car from a lady who had owned it since the car was 4 years old. It may need a new muffler depending if you don’t mind the sound. It is quieter than most tipped Civics’ out there. It has a working A/C though it could use a recharge for next summer. Heater blows nice warm air.

Why so cheap?

Surface rust. As I said this is no prom queen, but your just looking for cheap insurance, good gas mileage and a car that will start and drive in winter so you have a winner. Besides, summer will be here before you know it and you can go back to showing off your nice ride or the project you had been labouring over all winter long. The only place where rust has penetrated is the rear fenders. I replaced a door and trunk to better things.

Email me at [email protected] and we can further discuss viewing and driving the car.

Z24_3.1.
12-01-2005, 01:29 AM
if u can try pics it would be better

Bigchuckers
12-01-2005, 04:27 PM
I have no camera, so its a no go. Besides, its a winter car, whats the need for style? I can promise no snow will blow up through the floor if that helps.

s3vy
12-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Interested pm sent

snatch
12-01-2005, 06:34 PM
can u pm me a number?