PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN: 2.5L MX3 modded!

anyone
12-01-2005, 03:54 PM
This is a rough day...

Stolen in Edmonton, but said he was driving to Calgary today.. (dec 1)

I have my car listed in the autotrader... http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=16006593&pgno=1&srt=1 I recieved a call about it, and I agreed to meet a guy. I took him for a ride in my car and he said that he'd buy it, but he had to go to a dinner with his work friends. I went home, cleaned out the car and got it ready. I waited for him to get to me, he gave me a TD money draft, and then I signed the pinkslip saying its sold, and he could fill out the rest.

I went to the bank and the draft was FRAUDULENT! It fooled the bank employees for a few minutes before a few bells started to go off, and then closer inspection yeilded slight visual and construcive differences.

I thought I had comprehensive (fire, theft and water (?) damage...) anyway, apparently I don't. So you all know what that means. I am certian I have comprehensive, so I have to find the paper that I signed that says that. I've ripped apart my house, and my insurance agency is going to find their copy, but its off site. So they'll have it in a few days.

So I am really hoping I am not screwed out of a car and the money. I am a student and I am too poor to replace my car, so if I can even afford another car, it'll be a big drop in quality and speed.

Any help you can offer, please tell me. I hope this can be a lesson to everyone atleast. Make sure your bank draft will clear before handing over the keys!

My car is noticeable, I think its Mazda 3 grey, so its probably the only MX3 that color, and it has a rollcage. If you have any info or see the car, call the cops please! The car could still be in Edmonton, but it was mentioned they were going to Calgary. I have the best car crowd in Alberta through Beyond so hopefully someone will notice. My best guess is that they're going to take out all the parts. So if you know of somone selling anything in my car, please help me out!

Licence plate might be EBX 829...

Picture...

Sorath
12-01-2005, 03:57 PM
perhaps do a history check on the car,if the car is registered to him already.. take that bring it to the cops and showthem the fake bank draft?

i dunno if it works, but fuck dude that sucks

tapout
12-01-2005, 03:58 PM
very sorry to hear that stupid dirty crooks we will keep a look out but keep us posted:whipped:

anyone
12-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah, thanks.

The cops know all what's gone down, and they're on it. I honestly don't know how effective they'll be catching the guy/s. They've obviously taken good efforts to cover themselves... I really don't want this to happen to anyone else.

Thanks for the empathy! =-)

rc2002
12-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Well you must've got the guy's phone number right? Did you get his license plate and year/make/model of his car when he came to see your car?

That's pretty daring. I sure hope they catch that guy. :guns:

b_t
12-01-2005, 04:44 PM
I can't possibly see how they could get away this... the car sticks out a LOT, there are very few rollcaged cars in Alberta, let alone MX-3s with a cage, the car is in great shape, the engine is uncommon... plus you know exactly what the guy looks like.
but man, that SUCKS!

403Gemini
12-01-2005, 05:26 PM
shiet buddy sorry to hear that :(

hope they get the car back! its one thing to have your car jacked but to have met the guy, rode around with him, thats fucking low.

:guns: fucking thieves

snowboard
12-01-2005, 05:30 PM
yah man you didnt grab a plate number or anything like that?

lastprodigy
12-01-2005, 05:34 PM
HOLY SHIT :eek: You must have something on him...

infected
12-01-2005, 05:46 PM
That sucks, he must have a lot of balls to have people know what he looks like, hope you nail the bastard. :guns:

anyone
12-01-2005, 06:01 PM
yeah, this blows.

I am certian that I have comprehensive insurance, but I can't find that piece of paper. I don't mean to be a prick, but insurance companies aren't known for their empathy, and if I can't produce this document, if they modify theirs I can't prove anything.

I do have his cell, its with Rogers, and its off. I didn't catch his licence plate, but he was driving a black MX3 with a body kit and gunmetal rims. As I said this was all in Edmonton, but obviously every word and action was well planned, but its my job to find any evidence that he doesn't know he left behind, to be smarter than he is.

Thanks for the posts though! He's probably done this before as the same bank had a similar thing happen in that they had another fraudulent bank draft, but that's all I know.

I agree, I'll give him props for having big balls. He fooled me. It felt shady the whole time, but I just figured he was into something shady and its none of my business. Apparently it was my business...

camaro
12-01-2005, 06:36 PM
ripping off a student..... he has some mad balls. :thumbsdow

thats like stealing food from the poor.

SteveMo600
12-01-2005, 07:20 PM
That's very shaddy and low man. I am going to school in E-Town so I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for a couple distinct MX-3s.

That's really tough man. I can't believe a tool would do that to you. How do people sleep at night...

kerry
12-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey guys,

I'm good friends with anyone.
That car meant alot to him and it was a sweet car.

Please help him out and if you see anything, call the police.
Call them and try to keep close to the car so he doesn't get
away again. This guy is a fucking low life. He thinks he's got
balls for STEALING a car. It doesn't take balls to do that.
It would take balls to fess up like a real man, not a bitch.

So please if you have any info, please please please help him out.

I can't believe what people think they can get away with these
days. Fuck this is bullshit.

skyline19
12-01-2005, 10:50 PM
wow that fuckin sucks man. i will definity be on the lookout bro

dooman24
12-01-2005, 10:53 PM
lol
today in the sun..
this guy got beat up pretty bad by a cop dog..
lol and they said it was a car theft
haha he got what he deserved
but i don'tknow if it's your guy
haha there's a picture on the calgary sun
white
short hair
maybe around 6 feet
lol

JordanEG6
12-01-2005, 10:57 PM
DUDE..im so sorry to read that. thats BS...thats the sickest way to ever steal a car. i hoep you get it back in one piece and i hope it all works out well for you. ill keep an eye out. :thumbsup:

f*cking theives, this is as low as it gets :guns:

anyone
12-01-2005, 11:36 PM
I wonder if that is my car, sounds like the guy... do you have a link maybe for the sun article?

anyone
12-02-2005, 11:57 PM
I couldn't find that article in the sun to see if its the same guy, but the impound in Calgary doesn't have my car. Neither does the inpound here in Edmonton.

Thankfully I have highly intelligent friends that help me out. I have a few more tricks up my sleve that I'm going to try. I also have family friends that are high up the totem pole in the police, so they can get shit done.

This is the first time the bank has heard of anything like this, and same with the police.

If anyone can anonymously help me out, I will commit to keeping their anonymity. If anyone does know anything, they should come forward.

This isn't fair, and the gain this person will be less in comparison to what I am losing. Like many members of beyond, cars is a lifestyle and obsession. Not only was this obsession and lifestyle stolen from me, but so was my entire financial capital. I have a whopping 3 digit bank account and my relatively small material posessions that are commonplace.

JordanEG6
12-03-2005, 12:00 AM
^ hey read your PM :thumbsup:

dufferson
12-03-2005, 12:07 AM
describe the guy in detail.

gen2teggy
12-03-2005, 12:08 AM
hope u get ur car back
good luck

Kobe
12-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by dufferson
describe the guy in detail.
Only saw it for a minute
Remember he had blue jeans, white guy, some facial hair...

JordanEG6
12-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by anyone

This isn't fair, and the gain this person will be less in comparison to what I am losing. Like many members of beyond, cars is a lifestyle and obsession. Not only was this obsession and lifestyle stolen from me, but so was my entire financial capital. I have a whopping 3 digit bank account and my relatively small material posessions that are commonplace.

i felt that way too...all my money went to the car and it was taken just like that. and i felt that i basically had nothing else to show for my hard earned money.

gen2teggy
12-03-2005, 12:12 AM
jordan im ur angle! muhahha im just bored

guessboi
12-03-2005, 12:15 AM
hey just to let you know, there is an agreement under every auto insurance policy for section C that theft is not covered if you voluntary part the title before registration is signed over and released.

that means never part your car until you get the money everyone!!!...hopefully your insurance company will cover your loss for whatever happens to your car.

I hope all thing goes well for you and find your car soon. nice looking car.

anyone
12-03-2005, 12:16 AM
The guy said his name was Chris.

White male, 20-25, 160lbs, both eyes had broken blood vessels, blonde hair, short all over, except longer bangs, 2PAC hat on (I think it was white) at one point, mostly black clothes. As I remember it looked like he hadn't shaved in like 4ish days, and didn't have great skin, Bryan Adams like just not as bad.

JordanEG6
12-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by gen2teggy
jordan im ur angle! muhahha im just bored

damn right you are :rofl:

90s_tuner
12-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Fucking bastered man, I hope they catch the bitch ass fuck.

barbarian
12-04-2005, 11:54 PM
You can bet it will be sold to some unsuspecting person or chop-shopped.

Goblin
12-05-2005, 02:45 AM
or into his mx-3... sorry to hear, what a sweet car... so many car thefts in alberta recently... argh!

anyone
12-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by barbarian
You can bet it will be sold to some unsuspecting person or chop-shopped.

That's exactly what I think. I would like to see my car again, but I have no expectation of that!

Thanks for posting, perhaps someone will see the parts or the car.

Mazstyle
12-07-2005, 12:05 AM
I've got this info posted up on the mx-3.com forums. Clubprotege might be another one to try, there are a few mazda tuners on there from edmonton as well.

What kit did he have on his car? You could also try talking to the guys at FXdesigns and see if that car is familiar to them... they are THE place to get mx-3 kits in alberta. Also I'm sure your already checking into the rogers phone number.... Good luck I hope you find that guy.

anyone
12-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Wow, thanks!

I'll check up on that. My car didn't have a kit on it, but like I said I think it's the Mazda 3 grey, so I doubt many people have painted their MX3that color. It has the stock front lip and that's all.

That pos that stole my car had some side skirts on his MX3and maybe a front bumper. So if you see that, and it has grey corbeau racing seats in it, they're probably from my car, so run him off the road then call the cops. =-) Only kidding, just call the cops.

kerry
12-07-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm not kidding

kill that fucker

JordanEG6
12-10-2005, 08:09 PM
bump...anyone...has it been found yet?

kerry
12-12-2005, 03:23 AM
No it hasn't

Tayethin
12-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Good luck with it I hope you find it!

5hift
12-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Hate to sound like a dick and crush your hopes, but anyone smart enough to design a fraudulant bank draft probably took into account its a rare care that is easier to get caught with. My guess is it was parked in a garage and stripped the same day. Hope you had a good insurance coverage.

kerry
12-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the optimism.
We know that though.

anyone
02-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Well, you're wrong on atleast one account of if the person is smart enough to produce a fraudulent bank draft he's smart. He got caught, so he's not that smart. I haven't yet got my car back but they have found the rest of the cars (as far as I know) that were stolen, so hopefully I'll get mine back. I'll keep the thread updated.

GQBalla
02-10-2006, 02:00 PM
good thing he got caught!!!

stupid thieves

hopefully you get your car back!

DelSoln
02-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by anyone
I haven't yet got my car back but they have found the rest of the cars (as far as I know) that were stolen, so hopefully I'll get mine back. I'll keep the thread updated.

Glad to hear they they caught those bitches. What other cars were stolen? Anyone's from this board or 780?

anyone
02-17-2006, 04:33 PM
I GOT MY CAR BACK!!!!

After 2.5 months I got it back. It's still in fine condition, there were 2 idiots driving the car! Everyone got arrested and its all good. There were 3 mx3's stolen in total, lots of jewlery, a C230 and a few other cars but hopefully it is all recovered.