PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - Funny Story

Mightaswell
12-02-2005, 09:12 AM
I left a can of pepsi in my car over the past couple days and yesterday it exploded all over the interior of my car!! :banghead:

The problem is I just moved here form lethbridge, and I don't have a heated garage, or know anyone in Calgary who does.

Basicly, I need a heated garage so I can wipe down and try and get the stickiness off everything in my car.

Another option is if anyone who works at an automotive detailing place could help me out by doing a quick and dirty job and letting me pay you on the 7th. I just moved and spent all my cash moving. But I have a job, a good one, I just budgeted poorly.

It's a shitty car (topaz), so I'm not freaking out about ruining my car, but i'd like my ass to not get sticky.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance guys.

Zero102
12-02-2005, 09:24 AM
I had this happen in my Porsche once...
I was returning from buying it in NYC, and around medicine hat, we had one night that was -36*C. I had a can of sprite in the car from a stop in wisconsin, before it got really cold. Anyways, I was cruising down the highway just after getting going for the day and the can went off in my back seat. Scared the hell out of me. Kind of funny how they go off, you get a big BANG, which is just the can splitting open, then it just started spraying everywhere, like a big sprinkler in the back seat. Just covered me in icy sprite....

Anyhoo, my story aside, take advantage of the fact that it is frozen!!!
I scraped it off my roof, seats, and scraped what I could out of my carpet. I was able to get like 99% of it because it hadn't soaked in yet (because it was frozen). Once the weather warmed up I went to clean it, and I couldn't find any traces of it anywhere.

Once you've cleaned it up, then take it somewhere warm to get the last bits out. It will be much easier.
That said, I don't have a garage, but I thought I would share in your misery, and give some advice :D

sputnik
12-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Use an underground public parking lot on a weekend.

Mightaswell
12-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
I had this happen in my Porsche once...

I know what you mean about it being frozen. I got the big chunks off my ceiling ext. but my armrest is already sticky and my seat too.:banghead:

Oh well. Thanks for sharing in the misery. heh.

Zero102
12-04-2005, 06:29 PM
At least you're not alone? :D

Lexxan
12-04-2005, 06:31 PM
so you have a porsche but no garage? :dunno:

Raz2
12-04-2005, 06:34 PM
I'll help you clean it if you want :)

- Rasmus

Mightaswell
12-05-2005, 08:08 AM
I decided to just bundle up and git'r'done.

Left the car running and the heater on and used soap and water and a shop vac.

Looks good though! haha.

Thanks.

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 08:38 AM
i had this happen when i was driving my mr2... can of sprite was on the passenger floor and *BOOM*, dam sprite shot me right in the eye and got on the windshield somhow, almost hit another car cuz i was so confuzed and shocked :P

Zero102
12-05-2005, 09:11 AM
so you have a porsche but no garage?

Actually, 2 Porsche's, and 1 VW. But yes, no garage that I can use. I'm only 21, and barely have a place of my own. Besides, I'm going to the university too, so I'm pretty broke. The cars have something to do with that, lol.
Anyhoo, that story happened while on the road back from NYC, so I can't park it in a garage when I'm at a hotel. Especialy a cheap one in medicine hat.

Mightaswell
12-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Zero102

Actually, 2 Porsche's, and 1 VW.

Lets hang out. :D