PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter Placement

WWJAI
12-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Alright, so I'm gonna be installing my component speakers soon and I do not have stock tweeters in my car so I'll have to get them installed in a spot. Just wondering, on where you think is the best spot to place tweeters. I've thought about putting them on the door panel or on my pillars right at the top. I've heard higher the better but just want some thoughts on this.

Where do you think is the best spot for tweeter placement?

Weapon_R
12-03-2005, 01:01 AM
I think you have to take into consideration that the tweets must meet at a certain angle. Either facing each other, or at an angle so that the music meets

WWJAI
12-03-2005, 01:03 AM
Well if i put them at exactly the same spot on each side and at the same angle...won't the music meet together?

DR.Gonzo
12-03-2005, 01:09 AM
about 4 inches off the dash in the a-pillar firing into the center of the windshield will usually yield good results...... but play with positioning for a while to get the best image.

WWJAI
12-03-2005, 01:22 AM
^my pillar is a grey color and my tweeters are black..wouldn't that looks really wierd if right in the center of my pillar is the tweeters??..but yah i've seen this set up before and looks good if it's surround by fibreglass...but i'm not willing to spend money on that..i just want to leave it with stock pillars

Weapon_R
12-03-2005, 01:26 AM
They will look out of place wherever you put them, unless you get some aftermarket pods or something for them.

Jonathan@TCS
12-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Component Speakers were meant to be used together, so "generally speaking" the tweeter should be mounted as close as possible to the mid range. Some vehicles don't allow for this, so the A-pillar might be the best place. In some higher end Component sets, the crossover has a setting for this, to adjust the phase so that the two speakers line up properly. As for your situation, if you are going to mount them in the pillars, try painting the tweeter grills to match your pillars. It shouldn't be to hard to pick up a can of spray paint to match your interior, and then they won't look out of place.

But, like Dr. Gonzo said, listen to them in few different places, and see what sounds the best.